PokeMMO Dev Blog 9000: Questions

16 hours ago, calidubstep said:

J3t1ZAo.png

@Kyu Can we at least get the rest of the other IVs to be like 29+, most of us use comps already with those IVs (if not better) So grinding to 35 wins etc is literally pointless to get a gift mon that's gonna sit in your box and get no use at all. I get that it's there to give us incentive etc to play, but this just seems kinda stupid when youre grinding for no reason when you can just make a better IV'd comp for about 300K.

Matches which end very quickly will no longer give rewards. Matches which end in less than 15 turns will now give reduced MMRWP

@Kyu please revert this. Some offensive matchups in dubs games with speed control (trick room, tailwind) and strong spread moves (chandelures heatwave, abomasnows blizzard) can end match really really quickly, sometimes in as few as 5 turns. 

2 minutes ago, iJulian said:

@Kyu please revert this. Some offensive matchups in dubs games with speed control (trick room, tailwind) and strong spread moves (chandelures heatwave, abomasnows blizzard) can end match really really quickly, sometimes in as few as 5 turns. 

I dont think it should be reverted completely, because I've seen a few times where people have matched either friends/teammates and just gave them the win. Imo this isnt right, but I also agree that for dubs it's a bit much, I'd say lower it in doubles to like 7 turns maybe. 

10 minutes ago, iJulian said:

15 turns for the current OU meta can be a lot as well considering so many HO teams

I've been running a hailroom team in mm and most of my matches have been less then 10 turns. I literally just played fishcakes and beat him in 6 turns.  Maybe if the mmrwp was reduced for lower elos it'd be fine, but if I beat the #13 player as the #3 player I shouldn't be penalized just for doing it quickly.

41 minutes ago, Imabetheverybest1 said:

I've been running a hailroom team in mm and most of my matches have been less then 10 turns. I literally just played fishcakes and beat him in 6 turns.  Maybe if the mmrwp was reduced for lower elos it'd be fine, but if I beat the #13 player as the #3 player I shouldn't be penalized just for doing it quickly.

yeah honestly this, make the reduction only apply to matches of 550 elo or less, same as the other one

Even with games that would naturally go to 15 turns the opp can just forfeit before 15 to spite you. 

1 hour ago, Imabetheverybest1 said:

Maybe if the mmrwp was reduced for lower elos it'd be fine, but if I beat the #13 player as the #3 player I shouldn't be penalized just for doing it quickly

^^ this could be a decent solution, but you could still see teammates with high elos win passing

from my experience though there hasn’t been any of that in high ladder since everyone’s playing for the top spot 

What about adding harsher penalties to forfeits as a way to dissuade players from abusing it in early matches? This could overall increase the length of certain duels by punishing those who forfeits at the slightest misplay/struggle/hax. Right now, both players are penalized for the decision of the player who forfeited, which kinda seems unfair. Imo, forfeits should only be used as a last resort option and not for laziness.

Edited by LeZenor
Just now, calidubstep said:

Maybe have it like where when you faint from a force dc you can’t sweet scent for 10 min for example? 

so like a temp ban on queuing for rank again if you forfeit? 

i was thinking the same thing

8 hours ago, ThinkNicer said:

Tfw players are asking for more grind

I don’t know if you’ve yet played the new matchmaking system but 50k BP is not a grind with the new payout method (provided they don’t nerf it) and permanent ranked. You can earn upwards of 3k BP per match, and 200 BP for a loss. Not to mention that there is also a payout of ~10k BP from the fortnightly MMRWP tree.

In the old system there was a 1k BP entry fee which you lost if you lost the game, average profit per win was ~1.2k, and ranked windows lasted for 1hr and were available every 2-3hrs. Not to mention that ranked now isn’t limited to one tier.

So, no, not really.

Edited by Zymogen
3 hours ago, Zymogen said:

I don’t know if you’ve yet played the new matchmaking system but 50k BP is not a grind with the new payout method (provided they don’t nerf it) and permanent ranked. You can earn upwards of 3k BP per match, and 200 BP for a loss. Not to mention that there is also a payout of ~10k BP from the fortnightly MMRWP tree.

In the old system there was a 1k BP entry fee which you lost if you lost the game, average profit per win was ~1.2k, and ranked windows lasted for 1hr and were available every 2-3hrs. Not to mention that ranked now isn’t limited to one tier.

So, no, not really.

What drugs are you on. Entry fee for ranked MM was 350bp. So if you had winstreaks of 4 or 5 you'd already almost have enough for a Choice item. 

The rewards for a winstreak of 3 or higher are pretty high yes. But as the system matures it won't be that easy to get a winstreak of 2+, once you find your ELO rating it'll be pretty hard to get a winrate over 66%. So BP gain will be more balanced as players settle into their ELOs. Youre gaining fast BP right now cauz most people are able to get 5+ winstreaks with every skill level being at sub 600 elo. 

And sure you can farm it all day, but there are faster ways to make money than PvP. I'd be happy that PvP is an actual way to make a little cash now.

1 hour ago, ThinkNicer said:

What drugs are you on. Entry fee for ranked MM was 350bp. So if you had winstreaks of 4 or 5 you'd already almost have enough for a Choice item. 

The rewards for a winstreak of 3 or higher are pretty high yes. But as the system matures it won't be that easy to get a winstreak of 2+, once you find your ELO rating it'll be pretty hard to get a winrate over 66%. So BP gain will be more balanced as players settle into their ELOs. Youre gaining fast BP right now cauz most people are able to get 5+ winstreaks with every skill level being at sub 600 elo. 

And sure you can farm it all day, but there are faster ways to make money than PvP. I'd be happy that PvP is an actual way to make a little cash now.

Yeah you’re right, I forgot that they reduced the entry fee - iirc it was 1k before the nerf. 

I don’t disagree that PvP is inefficient for making money - I wasn’t arguing against that at all - I only suggested that increasing the actual BP cost for the items could be a solution to the inevitable decrease in BP’s value. And in my eyes, because PvP is the most (/only) enjoyable way to make money, it doesn’t feel like a grind. It certainly feels like less of a grind than doing 2hrs of mind-numbing gym and E4 runs or whatever the meta is these days.

50k was also just a ballpark figure and I hadn’t done the maths, but as Darkshade pointed out it’d be easier to just nerf the output. 

8 hours ago, LeZenor said:

What about adding harsher penalties to forfeits as a way to dissuade players from abusing it in early matches? This could overall increase the length of certain duels by punishing those who forfeits at the slightest misplay/struggle/hax. Right now, both players are penalized for the decision of the player who forfeited, which kinda seems unfair. Imo, forfeits should only be used as a last resort option and not for laziness.

Literally this. I can't even count the amount of times I've beaten people in less than 15 turns, and I don't think I should be punished if the other player forfeits an unwinnable match out of being salty.

Edit: ok I looked at the changelog and this decision was reverted already. Good. 

Edited by LifeStyleNORE

Alongside the buff of rapid spin, rock tomb, and abilities like inner focus and own tempo, is there any consideration to make the move Knock Off in line with Gen 8 as well (from 20 BP -> 65 BP)? I do think some mons need it as well and adds more excitement to any format.

7 minutes ago, Lanxus said:

Alongside the buff of rapid spin, rock tomb, and abilities like inner focus and own tempo, is there any consideration to make the move Knock Off in line with Gen 8 as well (from 20 BP -> 65 BP)? I do think some mons need it as well and adds more excitement to any format.

Not any time soon