PokeMMO Dev Blog 9000: Questions

@Kyu Just to confirm, we are taking the showdown approach right? meaning we're getting rid of unranked and having a single (ranked) ladder per tier 24/7. I feel one of the biggest problems with ranked right now is that you can only queue up for it at certain hours while still having a normal games ladder that does nothing really, specially now that we're having seasonal resets and no fee for queueing I see no point in dividing our already small playerbase into two groups..

Edited by iJulian
6 hours ago, iJulian said:

@Kyu Solo para confirmar, estamos adoptando el enfoque de enfrentamiento, ¿verdad? lo que significa que nos estamos deshaciendo de los no clasificados y tenemos una sola escalera (clasificada) por nivel 24/7. Siento que uno de los mayores problemas con el ranking en este momento es que solo puedes hacer cola en ciertas horas sin dejar de tener una escalera de juegos normal que realmente no hace nada, especialmente ahora que tenemos reinicios estacionales y no hay tarifa por hacer cola I no tiene sentido dividir nuestra base de jugadores ya pequeña en dos grupos ...

Ojalá hagan esto pero no creo que pase la verdad 

kyu I have a question regarding what to nullify the effect of the Sand Veil and Snow Cloak abilities that will be with Pokemon that only have these abilities? Were other abilities added to that Pokémon or would they give without competitive abilities?

1 hour ago, Ray110 said:

kyu I have a question regarding what to nullify the effect of the Sand Veil and Snow Cloak abilities that will be with Pokemon that only have these abilities? Were other abilities added to that Pokémon or would they give without competitive abilities?

Sand Veil and Snow Cloak are disabled based on the Evasion Clause. Pokemon with this ability wont be compensated with a new one in the upcoming update.

13 hours ago, iJulian said:

@Kyu Just to confirm, we are taking the showdown approach right? meaning we're getting rid of unranked and having a single (ranked) ladder per tier 24/7. I feel one of the biggest problems with ranked right now is that you can only queue up for it at certain hours while still having a normal games ladder that does nothing really, specially now that we're having seasonal resets and no fee for queueing I see no point in dividing our already small playerbase into two groups..

Sort of. We ended up pretty close to that, with Ranked being the default game mode, and matchmaking rewards exclusive to ranked games. We still believe that Unranked has its place as a test bed for people who just want to clown or practice though, so we didn't outright delete it.

3 hours ago, LifeStyleNORE said:

Monday isn't in the middle of the week last I checked

And your point is...?

He said middle of the week if the weekend goes alright, I am asking if the weekend (which last I checked already passed by monday) did go alright or if we should otherwise expect a bit of an extra delay.

Edited by iJulian
36 minutes ago, Kyu said:

My weekend went alright, thanks for asking. I've been watching Monster and I'm almost done with that, and I was able to talk to some family who I've been missing due to corona, so that was nice.

We have a mandarin tree which is in season, and I've become very fond of them. They pair well with wine as a snack.

Nice! Red or white wine?

2 hours ago, Kyu said:

It depends on the day. If I want something sweet, I prefer pink moscatos. But, most of the time I'll take a cheap sauvignon blanc.

I'm not big on deep red wines, but if I had to pick, I'd pick a well reviewed pinot noir. I find merlots unpleasant.

I see where the donation money goes now, sounds like you had a good time

I haven't read all of the Q&A, so please forgive me if this has already been answered!

Will the new speed calculation/turn order mechanics from SwSh be introduced in the update (i.e regarding tailwind/weather etc)? I've heard rumors about this but I'd like to know for certain.

nvm I found it

Hi, we are going to have the speed changes?

("In Generation VIII, all speed changes take effect immediately; after every individual move, the next Pokémon to move is the fastest Pokémon that hasn't yet made its move that turn")

[Kyu] Yes, speed changes were included. 

Edited by Rakhmaninov

I’d be surprised if it arrives before TT at this point, My guess afterwards. 

20 hours ago, Kyu said:

My weekend went alright, thanks for asking. I've been watching Monster and I'm almost done with that, and I was able to talk to some family who I've been missing due to corona, so that was nice.

We have a mandarin tree which is in season, and I've become very fond of them. They pair well with wine as a snack.

I knew you were a Weeb, beautiful, just beautiful.

3 hours ago, Kupokun said:

I’d be surprised if it arrives before TT at this point, My guess afterwards. 

Shut up dont give them ideas nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Also to be fair, most of the comp players (which are the people who are playing tt) just want the update to hit already so I bet no one cares about having tt with the freshly updated metagames

Edited by iJulian
12 minutes ago, iJulian said:

Shut up dont give them ideas nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Also to be fair, most of the comp players (which are the people who are playing tt) just want the update to hit already so I bet no one cares about having tt with the freshly updated metagames

in that case, this months going to need popcorn.