PokeMMO Dev Blog 9000: Questions

4 minutes ago, Kyu said:

Me too. Big projects I can lose myself in are my favorites.

15 minutes ago, Kyu said:

They're not actively being worked on at the moment, but I hope to change that soon.

Would there ever be any consideration of adding HA's/legends into the wild locations/special locations we already currently have? Or are the development team set on adding them to the dungeons? Just curious if this had been discussed at all previously

Edited by Lvkee
9 minutes ago, Lvkee said:

Would there ever be any consideration of adding HA's/legends into the wild locations/special locations we already currently have? Or are the development team set on adding them to the dungeons? Just curious if this had been discussed at all previously

I think we're pretty well set on our current path. To pursue shortcuts like that, we'd have to be desperate to release things quickly.

On 7/6/2020 at 1:23 AM, Kyu said:

Within 10 days or so, imo

update tomorrow? POG - nah seriously though, any update on how likely this is to be coming soon or are you guys still doing work on it before release?

@Kyu given how we are transitioning to the latest gen mechanics and learnsets, is there any chance that we get the latests items aswell? i.e, heavy duty boots, room service, etc. kind of like how we god "life ball" back in gen3 before life orb existed.

Im obviously not taking about the soon to come patch but perhaps in a later one? It would make the game more consistent imo; right know it is a headche to build and for new players to understand the metagame because if you want to common guide sites like smogon you have to look up gen8 movesets but gen 5 items and typings, plus no has or legendaries... you get the point, it is truly a mess. the way I see it, we would eventually get all of these, right?

54 minutes ago, iJulian said:

@Kyu given how we are transitioning to the latest gen mechanics and learnsets, is there any chance that we get the latests items aswell? i.e, heavy duty boots, room service, etc. kind of like how we god "life ball" back in gen3 before life orb existed.

Im obviously not taking about the soon to come patch but perhaps in a later one? It would make the game more consistent imo; right know it is a headche to build and for new players to understand the metagame because if you want to common guide sites like smogon you have to look up gen8 movesets but gen 5 items and typings, plus no has or legendaries... you get the point, it is truly a mess. the way I see it, we would eventually get all of these, right?

Tbh I'd like it the way it is. MMO meta is unique cause it has those specific mixtures of different gens.

Ofc I wouldn't say no to some of these changes, but please keep MMO meta special.

1 hour ago, iJulian said:

Unlikely because they pull items from the ROMs and its difficult to get functioning ROMs of anything gen5+, not to mention it makes the game less accessible. Choice items and orb were exceptions because they knew they were adding the real items soon I think.

13 minutes ago, ThinkNicer said:

Unlikely because they pull items from the ROMs and its difficult to get functioning ROMs of anything gen5+, not to mention it makes the game less accessible. Choice items and orb were exceptions because they knew they were adding the real items soon I think.

I don't think ROM is the problem, we now have a non-pvp item that doesn’t exist in the rom (Lucky egg small) and as you said, we had choice itens and life orb before, just with different names. Tbh i expected some itens to be added already long time ago (assault vest, etc), just with different name and a random icon.

1 hour ago, ThinkNicer said:

Choice items and orb were exceptions because they knew they were adding the real items soon I think.

I mean they're adding gen8 mechanics and we're never getting gen8 as a whole (starters, etc) but they could make pokemon be the only exception and have everything else (moves, learnsets, items) that way it's less complicated for newer players while keeping the uniqueness of the generation mix (gen8 stuff with gen 5 pokemon)

38 minutes ago, iJulian said:

I mean they're adding gen8 mechanics and we're never getting gen8 as a whole (starters, etc) but they could make pokemon be the only exception and have everything else (moves, learnsets, items) that way it's less complicated for newer players while keeping the uniqueness of the generation mix (gen8 stuff with gen 5 pokemon)

That and knock off buff 

3 minutes ago, Laz said:

That and knock off buff 

I'm sure we'll get those with 120bp outrage, steel type nerf and fairies right after (or at the same time) as HAs and legends, right now the powercreep could be too high but once we get all the other stuff I dont see why not have real knock off too

Will we be seeing a huge meta-changer like the implementation of Fairy Type? I ask this because with this update we will be primarily a...what, up-to Generation 5 Pokemon with the Generation 8 move-pools? Fairy type was an inclusion in Generation 6, but I know that a lot of the ROM-hacking scene over on various Pokemon fan-communities have managed to make the inclusion of Fairy type fairly trivial, doesn't it stand to reason that we wouldn't need to see Generation 6 to technically be able to do Fairy type? Or is Fairy type not really a thing because PokeMMO would prefer it not too be so? I know fairy type was kind of controversial.

2 hours ago, iJulian said:

I'm sure we'll get those with 120bp outrage, steel type nerf and fairies right after (or at the same time) as HAs and legends, right now the powercreep could be too high but once we get all the other stuff I dont see why not have real knock off too

16f.jpg

On 7/15/2020 at 4:29 PM, Parke said:

update tomorrow? POG - nah seriously though, any update on how likely this is to be coming soon or are you guys still doing work on it before release?

I got sidetracked implementing tiering data into the game client. I think we'll consider things for mid next week depending on how well the weekend goes for cleanup. We don't usually push big patches on Friday/Weekends, as it's our peak time, and this one is liable to break things

1 hour ago, FighterChamp said:

?

We've never been on time, and we're not starting now.

9 hours ago, iJulian said:

I got yelled at by Senile for Life Balls. But besides that, I can't give a good answer at the moment, sorry. I think that's a question for next year.