World Cup 3 Week #7

Just now, mago1993 said:

i really never understand this, with psl same...

why send the individual prizes when the tournament not is over?

really if any want got a best player of "x" tier, should finish first the tournament, i think.

Because it would be incredibly unfair for players who played for a team that didn't qualify for playoffs, yet they made an exceptional performance.

16 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

Because it would be incredibly unfair for players who played for a team that didn't qualify for playoffs, yet they made an exceptional performance.

no best captain reward smh 
#freeStelian #hostarewrong 

8 minutes ago, MknsZblex said:

no best captain reward smh 
#freeStelian #hostarewrong 

31 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

And 4 mystery cathegories which we decided to throw in for various reasons. You'll know what we're talking about when they will be announced.

:thonking:

26 minutes ago, mago1993 said:

i really never understand this, with psl same...

why send the individual prizes when the tournament not is over?

really if any want got a best player of "x" tier, should finish first the tournament, i think.

Would be unfair in some scenarios, for example if someone scores a 6-0 during swiss but his team doesnt reach playoffs, while the awarded player gets a 6,7 or 8-0 after reaching playoffs.

They don't play the same number of matches, so wouldn't be right to compare them

29 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

Finally, due to the fact that group stage is over, we will be handing over invidivual prizes in the following cathegories:

Best OU

Best UU

Best NU

Best Doubles

Best LC

Best SMOU

Breakout Player

MVP

And 4 mystery cathegories which we decided to throw in for various reasons. You'll know what we're talking about when they will be announced.

These will be announced and handed over probably during the weekend.

not sure how to feel about this because this is based on a group phase system

in these some groups tend to be easier, some are harder yada yada

i'd say do one for each group instead for the the entire tournament but that could prove to be challenge in itself

then again you could let the best of each duke it out in a seperate small tournament or so which could be cool

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.