World Cup 3 Week #7

10 minutes ago, athelstan said:

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

i give up

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

TB is hotdog eating competition and H2H is pizza eating competition

france wins worldcup because it happend in last world cup of football

u dumb me smart byeeee going to reading school now

Stop crying bro wtf :(

i swear wallah next time we take alphabet To decide who win and who lose 

Edited by DrakeHope
6 hours ago, DrakeHope said:

Gg mexico and colombia that was a close group, there's just a thing i don't understand in classic wc for example in a football WC group what count is:

Set win>H2H>Point diff 

I dont see any rules that say the point diff come before the H2H (Head 2 Head)

So technically since we beat mexico, mexico beat colombia and colombia did a tie with us and lost To mexico, it should be Africa and Mexico who go play off no ? @WorldCupMMO

@mago1993(I tag u mago bcs u are the one who make the rules)

I understand your point and see where you are coming from. Okay, let me clarify first.

In the original bracket there was pretty much no third tiebreaker rule. It was Set points> Small points> Win percentage. We added h2h as a third tiebreaker, as win percentage would be useless in our PokeMMO environment and we would end up in a tie regardless. Keep in mind- PokeMMO is not football. Challonge's default actually suggests Set Wins> Points Diff> H2h and we decided to go along with it, as this shows which team had overall the best performance.

I'll try to show this on a live example.

Let's say that we have a set tie between Poland and Germany. Both teams are at 12 points right now (4 set wins).

Poland lost to Germany 4-2.

Poland won 4 other matches with 6-0 over their opponents.

Germany won 3 of the other matches 4-2 over their opponents.

In this situation, Germany would advance to the other round if h2h would be set as second tiebreaker. See how unfair and unjust that would be?

Additionally, with small points being a second tiebreaker, we are ensuring that players do their absolute best even when their team has lost the week, because those small points matter a lot. They are there to ensure the best possible competitive fights.

I hope this clears things up. I'll do what I can to answer any further questions but that'll happen after I will update the thread and challonge brackets

19 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

I understand your point and see where you are coming from. Okay, let me clarify first.

In the original bracket there was pretty much no third tiebreaker rule. It was Set points> Small points> Win percentage. We added h2h as a third tiebreaker, as win percentage would be useless in our PokeMMO environment and we would end up in a tie regardless. Keep in mind- PokeMMO is not football. Challonge's default actually suggests Set Wins> Points Diff> H2h and we decided to go along with it, as this shows which team had overall the best performance.

I'll try to show this on a live example.

Let's say that we have a set tie between Poland and Germany. Both teams are at 12 points right now (4 set wins).

Poland lost to Germany 4-2.

Poland won 4 other matches with 6-0 over their opponents.

Germany won 3 of the other matches 4-2 over their opponents.

In this situation, Germany would advance to the other round if h2h would be set as second tiebreaker. See how unfair and unjust that would be?

Additionally, with small points being a second tiebreaker, we are ensuring that players do their absolute best even when their team has lost the week, because those small points matter a lot. They are there to ensure the best possible competitive fights.

I hope this clears things up. I'll do what I can to answer any further questions but that'll happen after I will update the thread and challonge brackets

well... we can't have poland winning over germany though... XP

3 hours ago, RysPicz said:

1A. Belgium

2D. Venezuela B

1B. Spain

2C. Colombia A

1C. Mexico

2B. Peru B

1D. China A

2A. Argentina

Those are our pairs for the playoffs. Captains pls gib lineups

At least Venezuela B it's still in. I wish you the best luck of all. o7

Hi guys,

The group stage has officially ended. All matches were updated, where we received info about any attempts of contact- we gave activity wins. Where there was no information about the match whatsoever and if it wouldn't affect the standings, we marked the match as No Contest.

I need to apologize to you guys as I made a really big fuckup in the post where I listed the teams which will advance into playoffs. My biggest apology goes to Venezuela B players- I'm terribly sorry guys, due to the fact that Rest of Asia has won their week, they jumped on the 1st place, pushing 2 other teams beneath them (Set wins tiebreaker). I'm really, really sorry about this mistake and it's all on me, I should've done a simulation earlier to see this coming. MM has messaged me about it when I was sleeping and I've contacted the Captains on the Discord right after I woke up.

image.png.a143f56f4e8ef998f2baa73950161667.png

This is the correct playoffs bracket. The delay in posting the week is due to the mistake I made, as we would like to give more time to Argentina, Belgium and China A to alter their lineups if they wish.

Once again, I'm really sorry for that stupid mistake. I got no excuses.

Finally, due to the fact that group stage is over, we will be handing over invidivual prizes in the following cathegories:

Best OU

Best UU

Best NU

Best Doubles

Best LC

Best SMOU

Breakout Player

MVP

And 4 mystery cathegories which we decided to throw in for various reasons. You'll know what we're talking about when they will be announced.

These will be announced and handed over probably during the weekend.

Playoffs round 1 will begin as soon as we will receive all lineups from Captains.

3 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

Finally, due to the fact that group stage is over, we will be handing over invidivual prizes in the following cathegories:

Best OU

Best UU

Best NU

Best Doubles

Best LC

Best SMOU

Breakout Player

MVP

i really never understand this, with psl same...

why send the individual prizes when the tournament not is over?

really if any want got a best player of "x" tier, should finish first the tournament, i think.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.