Question about legendaries and also a suggestion

Tackle

Question

my question is can you use legendaries in Uber tier tournaments or not? 
if not i suggest that make them usable to uber tier tournaments
*i suggest to make legendaries stay longer in the player who caught it maybe for a week after that it will flew away. you can freely walk and log out during this time only legendaries can be still taken when you lose normal pvp.
* a tab in menu where you can see all the players who got the legendary and how many times left 

it maybe too op if someone got it in pvp so i add some restrictions
*how about you can only use a legendary once per uber tier tournament. you can pick where you can use it in the tournament either in the first round ,semis or final your choice
*i wish theres also Uber tier matchmaking or doubles so you can use your legendary there just 5 times per day
* you can only catch 1 legendary  at a time also you can only used 1 legendary in your team per pvp

Edited by Tackle

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

I also suggest to make legendaries stay longer in the player who caught it maybe for a week

it maybe too op if someone got it in pvp so i add some restrictions
how about you can only use a legendary once per uber tier tournament. you can pick where you can use it in the tournament either in the first round or finals 
i wish theres also Uber tier matchmaking or doubles so you can use your legendary there just 5 times per day

Hello!

I'm afraid since legendaries cannot be kept, it is impossible to use them in tournaments at the moment.

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

I also suggest to make legendaries stay longer in the player who caught it maybe for a week

This wouldn't work too well, because there's so many players, and only one of each legendary can exist in MMO at a time; Releasing the legendary after the user logs off would give these players a better chance for obtaining it themselves (i.e. for OT dex). Also, being trapped in one location for a week would be painful/boring, hence why people log off or try to pass along the legendary to another person.

(NGL tho, I would love to have my own legendary pokémon and use it in tournaments, but that would feel unfair to others.)

Edited by TheBirdLord
6 minutes ago, TheBirdLord said:

This wouldn't work too well, because there's so many players, and only one of each legendary can exist in MMO at a time; Releasing the legendary after the user logs off would give these players a better chance for obtaining it themselves (i.e. for OT dex). Also, being trapped in one location for a week would be painful/boring, hence why people log off or try to pass along the legendary to another person.

(NGL tho, I would love to have my own legendary pokémon and use it in tournaments, but that would feel unfair to others.)

@Munya nice alt

we should just be able to catch legendary pokemon like in the normal games

1 hour ago, TheBirdLord said:

i dont see any problem with only one legendary exist in MMO thats the only thing that make them legendary anyways i just want to increase the duration of keeping the legendary pokemon.
sorry because actually i never caught a legendary before since it doesnt do that much in pvp anyways. also i didnt know you get trapped in one location after catching a legendary 
maybe i will suggest that you can freely walk once you got the legendary pokemon hmm how about it?
(sorry if im misunderstand something im still practicing engrish lol)

i also want to suggest adding a tab in menu where you can see all the players who got the legendary and how many times left 

i just want that vibe where you can actualy caught a legendary that is also useful in pvp so maybe giving some restrictions will make this work

9 hours ago, Tackle said:

No, there is a reason you aren't allowed to keep them in the first place.

*i suggest to make legendaries stay longer in the player who caught it maybe for a week after that it will flew away. you can freely walk and log out during this time only legendaries can be still taken when you lose normal pvp.

That defeats the whole purpose of the system. What you are proposing would allow someone to catch one of the legends available, log off immediately, and make everyone wait a week before they could try to capture it again. You can try to say it won't happen, but in the early days of Mewtwo being available people were trying to grief the system. Having it setup like this would make it easier to grief.

how about you can only use a legendary once per uber tier tournament. you can pick where you can use it in the tournament either in the first round ,semis or final your choice

With the current legends, if you capture one then you can only have that one legend. You aren't allowed to do things like change channels, regions, or quick travel for a reason. Letting someone use it in a tournament would still undermine the system as once they are in a battle it prevents others from challenging them.

i wish theres also Uber tier matchmaking or doubles so you can use your legendary there just 5 times per day

The point of having the legends that are in game setup with the mechanics they have is to allow the players the ability to use them. The dev team does not want to have an Uber tier because they see it as poor game design to allow the player access to something they can't use in PvP.

@XelaKebert thank you for clarification

22 minutes ago, XelaKebert said:

That defeats the whole purpose of the system. What you are proposing would allow someone to catch one of the legends available, log off immediately, and make everyone wait a week before they could try to capture it again. You can try to say it won't happen, but in the early days of Mewtwo being available people were trying to grief the system. Having it setup like this would make it easier to grief.

how about legendaries as a tournament prize? the only special being tournament prize is they got more access to what i suggested(maybe some of them would be viable). i think it will be less to be possibly grief with that being harder to get legendary

if a legendary being given as a prize in tournament, the same legendary in the wild cant be obtainable until the time ends making it still like 1 legendary exist. the wild legendary will act the same as the current one we have here in the game while the tournament legendary counterpart will got more access

23 hours ago, Tackle said:

@XelaKebert thank you for clarification

how about legendaries as a tournament prize? the only special being tournament prize is they got more access to what i suggested(maybe some of them would be viable). i think it will be less to be possibly grief with that being harder to get legendary

if a legendary being given as a prize in tournament, the same legendary in the wild cant be obtainable until the time ends making it still like 1 legendary exist. the wild legendary will act the same as the current one we have here in the game while the tournament legendary counterpart will got more access

That's a matter for Squirtle to decide, but I personally don't see it happening for the same reasons above. Add on to that the fact that it would be unfair to those who don't win those events that they have to continue to fight over a legend they can't keep while certain tournament winners can have that same legend forever.