A way to check if a legendary pokemon is avaiable

JorgeFirebolt

Question

10 answers to this question

There is no need for this since when someone catches a wild legendary a global announcement appears to whoever was on that region even if you missed the announcement someone Is gonna beat the owner and another announcement is gonna appear AND even if no one battled the owner for just 5 minutes another announcement is gonna say that the wild legendary got bored of its current owner and returned to the wild
there is literally no way you can miss those 3 

Ok, I'm in the need to bump this suggestion because, first:

1) This is absolute bullsh*t:

On 5/29/2020 at 1:05 AM, Keseko said:

There is no need for this since when someone catches a wild legendary a global announcement appears to whoever was on that region even if you missed the announcement someone Is gonna beat the owner and another announcement is gonna appear AND even if no one battled the owner for just 5 minutes another announcement is gonna say that the wild legendary got bored of its current owner and returned to the wild

Why is bullsh*t? 'cuz of this:

2) Yesterday, me and my friends went to Mt. Coronet to catch Arceus. We spent around 1 HOUR AND A HALF searching for God, and we believed that it was available to catch, but there was no way to tell. No notification popped-up when we connect to indicate that Arceus had already been captured so we searched, and searched, and finally, after spending 99 Max Repels, a System Message appeared: Arceus has been abandoned and it's waiting to be captured in Lake Verity.

We were so mad: How a person could hold onto Arceus for such a long time? And with NO WAY TO KNOW.

At the end we couldn't get ourselves with the legendary mon because it bugged, it didn't appeared in the lake nor nearby.

So, i would like this suggestion to be implemented soon, maybe like this:

On 5/29/2020 at 4:29 AM, FinnTheMember said:

Idk. I look positive to this suggestion. Seeing a status at side something like "Mewtwo: At Wild" can be tempting for some players. Like checking elite4 re-battles. similar window.

Something that can tell when a legendary is available without needing to rely on a System message or the Global chat. Maybe a command like: /legendarystatus

When you put it in the chat it should appear something like @FinnTheMember said.

Edit: Ah, and it should also appear the channel where the legendary 'mon is currently.

Like this: Rayquaza has been captured - Channel 5

Edited by Ultrajesus
On 5/29/2020 at 1:05 AM, Keseko said:

when i needed arceus i played over 1hour in sinnoh waiting for message if its back in the wild or not.

Some guy caught it and went to hide.He just vent afk or something and was moving his character once every 4 minutes.

Some people can get it and hide for a long time.

And if you can get inside the puzzle in sinnoh gym3 then no1 can challenge you because that area has no channel.

Its hard to believe some people would do that but that time when i needed arceus it was not been in the wild for over 72hours based on its catch time info.

I dont see why a command or something to check if its in the wild is a problem.Should not be hard to implement.

Right now the only way i recommend hunting for those legendaries in the wild is only after you seen the message its back in the wild.

Edited by MightyBoxer

Yeah lately there's been a super long max time limit on keeping a hold of legendaries if you take it and hide, like really long. I've seen people hide with ray/mewtwo for over an hour or even more without a single system announcement. So a simple chat command to check availability wouldn't hurt for those hunting for them. Upvoted.

Edited by TheFrenchiestFry

since we have global announcements when there is ownership update, maybe when someone's holding legendary, maybe we can have

1) Legendary icon on map (only when caught); and/or

2) NPC's having chat bubbles of "Legendary is showing up in *Location* !! "; and/or

3) TV announcement (which may clash with current swarm reporting and Unova is again undetectable)

Well part of the fun in catching a legendary is running away/ hiding with it so if you indicate where it is on the map or make it easier for people find who has it then it will take away the hide and seek aspect of the hunt. As for people who spend like an hour plus with the legendary you can always put a time limit on how long anyone can keep a legendary per day .

As for checking whether a legendary is in the wild I do like the idea and i think he suggestion made by  Jorgefirebolt would be perfect.

4 hours ago, GodofIshean said:

Well part of the fun in catching a legendary is running away/ hiding with it so if you indicate where it is on the map or make it easier for people find who has it then it will take away the hide and seek aspect of the hunt.

I do enjoy the hide and seek part

What I meant was only shown in Town Map, not having x-ray eyes and see through buildings

Or maybe the icon is shown as per latest announcement