Game experience

Hello dear developpers.

I just had a little problem with the game recently, and it is not a bug or something. I want... No... I must warn you that giving Hypnosis, Confuse ray, sleep powder and other  statuts attacks to EVERY SINGLE trainer pokemon is NOT, but when I say not, it is NOT AT ALL IN EVERY POSSIBLE TIMELINE, a good idea. Let me explain. I know that you probably don't like the way Nintendo is making their pokemon games easier every time and I understand it, but giving every trainer pokemon attacks that are just wasting the player's time does not make the game harder, it makes it more atrocious every second passed in a 25 turns fight agains a Watchog, yes a 25 turns fight agains a W.A.T.C.H.O.G. (Seriously, this pokemon is just supposed to be trash).

So please, give it a though and do something, because artificially giving lifetime in a game by making the players suffers for nothing is too rude. 

And I am not even talking about ice punch that freez more than half of the time and bodyslam that paralyzed one of my pokemon every signle time it landed. Or not even about some monstruosity like bronzong that nearly wiped me up every time time it showed up with random chip trick as psy jewel.

So do something about the trainers that actually make a brain tumor grow in my head.

PokeMMO is adjusted a bit to be more challenged than standard pokemon games. It's not even about not making the game easier and easier, it's about making sure that players will be ready for challenges that there will wait for them in more needy events we made.

There are still trainers that you can just almost one shot with one-two pokemon, but having the easiest storyline hasn't worked in past. Even events like Halloween and our boss fight with pumpkin made some players complain they can't beat him, mostly because they were unprepared for a challenge that is a bit more difficult than rolling through the region with one pokemon (not saying you are asking for that).

As for RNG aspect, rng is the same for us all, we always remember when it happens to us in a bad way. I recently made another run of the storyline and I wasn't really that affected by RNG, while my friend doing the same thing had problems.

In short, I understand you might not take a lot of pleasure now, but once you finish storyline and build your pokemon, improve them, basically nothing stands in your way in rematches with trainers. 

Yeah, I know that having something more challeging is better for a lot of reasons but I was just saying that I don't think  that what I talked about was really challenging but only annoying. You know, I played pokemon a lot, like, a few thousand of hours only on platinum, I tried a lot of hackroms and fangames, some are ridiculously hard so I guess I know what could be challenging and fun, at least for some players. But I began PokeMMO with quite a few friends and we all agree that sometimes, the movesets are "not interesting" for the story, or to improve in strategy, patience and all, according to us of course. For example, the only thing I learned with all the randoms trainers is that, as a lot of pokemons, ponyta can learn hypnosis. So having trainers with strange movesets like this can be interesting but they all have the same and it is sad. Also, if the goal is to make the game more difficult (I am not saying that the goal is to make it impossible), maybe the rival's teams or bad guy's team should be buffed, at least a little, because if the sixth gym of sinnoh was harder than the battle agains Cynthia to me, all the battles against Barry or Cyrus and his lieutenants or even the battle against Giratina (which I found ultra cool) were faster and easier than a random watchog.

So I think that the difficulty can be better distributed. But of course the game still enjoyable a lot and I will probably continue to play for a long time no matter what the trainers pokemon movesets are.

I actually would like a (near) impossible story line.

As I see it, any challenge in a story line Pokemon play through can be boiled down to "wasting enough time". Sit through those abundant sleep turns, slowly whittle down that annoying Bronzong, or spend time grinding up counter Pokemon to whatever challenge you're facing. The goal to beat the AI is always straight forward and within reach. Achieving this goal simply requires time. PokeMMO is no different. I feel this should be familiar to someone who spend multiple thousands of hours on these games.

The real challenge PokeMMO provides is competing in the non-AI competitive community. Forget the story line time sink. Succeeding in this challenge requires a ton more time.

Personally, I enjoy playing through the tedious PokeMMO story lines from time to time. Embrace the tedium. Challenging yourself by completing it as fast as possible with whatever decent wild Pokemon you find. Or something like that. For someone as experienced as you, I can only imagine the satisfaction of destroying this tedious PokeMMO story line challenge.