World Cup 3 Week #5

Hi guys,

Few announcements from our side.

1. For groups B and C we will create separate small brackets without the teams that left. In case of a tie between teams- which is unlikely, but still, we can use the original bracket with scores against the teams which left as a tiebreaker.

2. There will be a new rule which will not allow showdown players to use mod chat. If they want, they can mute the spectators. Mod chat will be forbidden from the next week on.

3. Last and most important, we all agree that the situation which had occurred during the Nik vs Starmind match is disgusting and we have reviewed the rules. There is a rule 10, mentioned in this thread:

Spoiler

10.- Remember to keep good sportsmanship throughout the tournament. Do not cause unnecessary drama with other players, other teams or the hosts. An example of this may be harassing, personal insults or any such behavior deemed illegal in the rules of PokeMMO. Violating good sportsmanship may cause one week of suspension. If any player receives up to 3 weeks of suspension will be automatically expelled from this event and will not receive any kind of money If their team reaches both the semi finals or finals.

And it describes what kind of unwanted behavior will be punished and from next week onwards, we will be enforcing this rule should any players PM us about excessive insulting, racism or anything else which is forbidden by MMO Code of Conduct. Re-read the CoC if you must. Shittalking is fine, but a lot of people are going way too far with it, especially towards a certain group of people who absolutely do not deserve it, based on their competitive spirit.

Should any player notice exceedingly racist, heavily insulting or any other behavior described in CoC as unwanted, please PM @DarylDixon or @MathewMat or @RysPicz with a screenshot.

Lastly, we are terribly sorry and we would like to apologize to Chinese players for the situation that has happened yesterday. We promise to monitor such behavior and there will be consequences should something like this repeat.

/4f

Just wanted to say sorry for my behavior yesterday. I got upset as I was witnessing that what happened wasn't taken seriously enough by host(s). Now it is, and all is well. Looking forward for a better environment for every players in this world cup. 

(Still disagree with the modchat rule, but hoping to see some positive change in player's attitudes that will make this rule useless anyways.)

19 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

Just wanted to say sorry for my behavior yesterday. I got upset as I was witnessing that what happened wasn't taken seriously enough by host(s). Now it is, and all is well. Looking forward for a better environment for every players in this world cup. 

(Still disagree with the modchat rule, but hoping to see some positive change in player's attitudes that will make this rule useless anyways.)

No hard feelings from my side, we all can get a little emotional at times, especially when the topic is so sensitive.

6 minutes ago, Kamowanthere said:

image.png.e6e66c1d0b4f4ed073d19b3c263b2880.png

am I just dumb or the game ended before starting

wtf

basically lotus challenged coolio to their lc game without including the lc clause by mistake, so he forfeited to restart the match, and coolio tried to take that as a win. Theyre rematching now though, so no harm no foul

Edited by AndrewHavsha

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.