World Cup 3 Week #5

1 hour ago, WorldCupMMO said:

There's no replay nor outcome available for this fight. I tried searching for replays after dSTnE's showdown name and found nothing.

Juanchoqui: Smeargle, Mega-Kazam, PorygonZ, Dragonite, Bisharp, Mimikyu

dSTnE's: Rotom Wash, Tornadus, Mega-Mawile, Ash-Greninja, Heatran, Tangrowth

they forgot to save the replay, juanchoqui won

13 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

Unfort there's very little we can do about it as hosts, cuz people on showdown can pick whatever name they want and avoid any punishments. There is no written rule for this and we shouldn't make a rule on spot to punish a person for something we didn't like.

I just went through the history of the entire chat and honestly, if "hing ching chong" or "chinchonchinchan" or Daryl mentioning Jackie Chan (lol) is considered racist, then @gbwead with his constant "shame" written under every post made by an Argentina team member is the biggest racist I've ever met, yet noone complains about it. Maybe it's just me, though.

However, the modchat should never happen and this rule will be added from today on. The event is for the spectators and not only the 2 players doing their match and disabling the chat is killing the hype for ~60 people who came to spectate the battle.

And how would you enforce the punishment for someone who isn't playing PokeMMO? I'm extremely curious.

While I agree on the fact there's nothing you can do by concrete means, I am a bit disappointed to read that you just blew away racist comments by a middle-school argument "but this guy says this other thing and its not racist !" . It just pops out of nowhere and makes you look bad as host as you let racism happen without even mentionning once in your message that you condemn what happened. Instead, you just search excuses for people that said racist stuff and defend them by not condemning them. 

Let's be real, gbwead memeing has NOTHING to do with the racist shit we saw on this match comments. And it's hypocrisy from you to even compare it (to defend Daryl ? lol). 

I don't see the reasonning why modchat should never happen, so you as host not only defend the racists and blow away the accusations, but you also legit allow it to happen again freely ?

Modchat was the only thing that calmed down the people from their shit talk. And players should be able to play with their full capacities, and while suffering from racists comments you aren't at "full capacity" as you get distracted. Sure, you can always look away, but if you know it's there... 

I don't seek an argument here. I just want the hosts to say here and now, that this was racism, and this should never happen again, and that while you won't get some punishment out of nowhere, you condemn it. Because all we see from your post is "lol its not racism duh and btw how can we even punish it ?" which is not suited for a host. 

Ty 

19 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

I just went through the history of the entire chat and honestly, if "hing ching chong" or "chinchonchinchan" or Daryl mentioning Jackie Chan (lol) is considered racist, then @gbwead with his constant "shame" written under every post made by an Argentina team member is the biggest racist I've ever met, yet noone complains about it. Maybe it's just me, though.

Also to clear this up for you, gb's "Shame" is a meme from this world cup having to do with the team merging, whilst things like "Hing ching chong: , "chinchonchinchan" or daryls calling someone Jack Chan is clearly a targeted against our chinese friends. ("But Havsha thats just a joke, stop taking it so seriously" No, for two reasons, 1 this is clearly not a case of laughing with, its clearly laughing at. 2. Jokes are funny, those comment are on the same level of that guy who used Dracula as his username and started making antisemetic and wwii "jokes". No these are not cases of just friendly ribbing, or teasing. Pretending that it is, is part of the problem.) Im sure a lot of people are going to disagree with me, say im just being too sensitive or soft skin, I dont care. There is a clear difference between the meme of  " shame" which has no connection to race/skin/nationality, and is purely rooted in events in the wc, and this racist shit you pointed out in chat. I could probably go on to write some essays to further make my point, but frankly I shouldn't have to write an essays for people to understand the clear difference between the comments and that one clearly is clearly racist, whilst the other is clearly a bad meme

3 minutes ago, AndrewHavsha said:

Jokes are funny, those comment are on the same level of that guy who used Dracula as his username and started making antisemetic and wwii "jokes".

Ahh so it was the forums that filtered Evil Chaplin's name to Dracula, not the game. I was sure I was having a Mandela Effect going on

Argentine is not a race. Also gb is right to shame the horrid decision of fusing both teams and I say this as an argie. We made our bed and we should lie on it.

33 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

Unfort there's very little we can do about it as hosts, cuz people on showdown can pick whatever name they want and avoid any punishments. There is no written rule for this and we shouldn't make a rule on spot to punish a person for something we didn't like.

However, the modchat should never happen and this rule will be added from today on. The event is for the spectators and not only the 2 players doing their match and disabling the chat is killing the hype for ~60 people who came to spectate the battle.

And how would you enforce the punishment for someone who isn't playing PokeMMO? I'm extremely curious.

The players should have the ultimate decision if modchat should be on regardless of hype

I don't think it's a hot take to come out and say racism is bad, but I don't see how it would be moderated considering many people, including myself, use different usernames on Showdown. The only racist joke made by someone using their actual name happens to be a host, so obviously nothing will be done. Entire argument is pointless imo

3 minutes ago, AndrewHavsha said:

Awareness is never pointless, I see plenty of racist comments being in game all the time, starting a discourse may at least draw attention to it at the very least

The majority of the people making these jokes towards Chinese players have been doing it for years, and before them it was the Spanish players having jokes directed towards them. I have zero hope for this community waking up and realizing racist jokes may not be funny for the people they're directed towards

2 minutes ago, varietypaul said:

The majority of the people making these jokes towards Chinese players have been doing it for years, and before them it was the Spanish players having jokes directed towards them. I have zero hope for this community waking up and realizing racist jokes may not be funny for the people they're directed towards

I mean you're not wrong, but if we can change one mind, its a start!

5 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

While I agree on the fact there's nothing you can do by concrete means, I am a bit disappointed to read that you just blew away racist comments by a middle-school argument "but this guy says this other thing and its not racist !"

First of all, I did not blow anything away. I guess if you'd go pass middle school then you would probably realise that Gb and me are friends (for over 4 years) and the second part of the post was directed personally towards him and his "shame" meme.

6 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

It just pops out of nowhere and makes you look bad as host as you let racism happen without even mentionning once in your message that you condemn what happened. Instead, you just search excuses for people that said racist stuff and defend them by not condemning them.

Maybe you are right and it makes me look bad, but I did not intend to condemn it as a person, but more as a host and this is why I wanted to tackle this from the World Cup account and not this one after we will discuss this with hosts, and I did not want to say anything right away.

12 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

Let's be real, gbwead memeing has NOTHING to do with the racist shit we saw on this match comments. And it's hypocrisy from you to even compare it (to defend Daryl ? lol).

Now you're being a hypocrite, defending a gbwead who's memes can be considered as racism by Argentina team members. See how thin this border is and how the point of view depends on the point where you're sitting? It's your personal opinion, which I do respect, but it's not a fact so do not present it this way.

13 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

I don't see the reasonning why modchat should never happen, so you as host not only defend the racists and blow away the accusations, but you also legit allow it to happen again freely ?

Modchat was the only thing that calmed down the people from their shit talk. And players should be able to play with their full capacities, and while suffering from racists comments you aren't at "full capacity" as you get distracted. Sure, you can always look away, but if you know it's there...

I'll show you one reason, why modchat should never happen.

6df0c0225fa76fa9ba2416dd1802a79f.png

This is why. There's a way better way to ignore the spectating people rather than killing the chat for everyone.

I'm pretty sure this might be your first big long-term event in PokeMMO and you haven't seen how modchat was affecting the showdown fights in PSL or previous WC.

16 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

I don't seek an argument here. I just want the hosts to say here and now, that this was racism, and this should never happen again, and that while you won't get some punishment out of nowhere, you condemn it. Because all we see from your post is "lol its not racism duh and btw how can we even punish it ?" which is not suited for a host.

I kinda feel like you do seek an argument as you are constantly attacking me in every part of your post, comparing me to a middle-school person and demanding me to do something.

I'm not gonna answer havsha because I'll get another wall of text and I don't feel like reading it

1 minute ago, varietypaul said:

Well, the fact that people come out and complain about it means that communities change, and that people that may have acted the same way for years will realize they're from the old world. They don't need to wake up, they only need to realize everyone else is awake and judging them. 

1 minute ago, RysPicz said:

Now you're being a hypocrite, defending a gbwead who's memes can be considered as racism by Argentina team members. See how thin this border is and how the point of view depends on the point where you're sitting? It's your personal opinion, which I do respect, but it's not a fact so do not present it this way.

I don't know if there are many things to say to someone that is digging his own grave by trying to argue while having as strongest argument : shame meme is racist to Argentina. LOL. Just. Grow up. If the meme was, I don't know, #poop or #bad, it doesn't change ANYTHING to your argument but it just reveals how stupid it is. 

I mean, the one thing that you had to do was saying : "yeah, ok, let's not accept this ! " 

No, instead you go further into hypocrisy just because of what... ? Pride ? We don't care about you ego man, just grow up and make decisions. We will judge you more for not changing than for just accepting you were wrong. And I invite you, politely, again, to take a stand against what happened. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.