World Cup 3 Week #5

Won vs Starmind, gg. 

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-1123859374

Thank you to all those who supported me in the form of words of encouragement, with bets, and with helping me learn SM + prep in less than a week.  I wasn't paying much attention to chat, but apparently some racist shit was said during the game, and I absolutely detest such behavior.  Let's all act like decent people.  It's also not a crime to bet against me or the people who you believe in, so let's not attack the Chinese or rub it in their faces. 

As someone who has literally 14k ingame, I am saying with utmost credibility that you should spend your money wisely.

Edited by NikhilR
15 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

I wasn't paying much attention to chat, but apparently some racist shit was said during the game, and I absolutely detest such behavior.  Let's all like decent people.  It's also not a crime to bet against me or the people who you believe in, so let's not attack the Chinese or rub it in their faces.

Unfort there's very little we can do about it as hosts, cuz people on showdown can pick whatever name they want and avoid any punishments. There is no written rule for this and we shouldn't make a rule on spot to punish a person for something we didn't like.

I just went through the history of the entire chat and honestly, if "hing ching chong" or "chinchonchinchan" or Daryl mentioning Jackie Chan (lol) is considered racist, then @gbwead with his constant "shame" written under every post made by an Argentina team member is the biggest racist I've ever met, yet noone complains about it. Maybe it's just me, though.

However, the modchat should never happen and this rule will be added from today on. The event is for the spectators and not only the 2 players doing their match and disabling the chat is killing the hype for ~60 people who came to spectate the battle.

7 minutes ago, AndrewHavsha said:

We should put a serious punishment on racist comments, even if you arent playing that game, cause if thats not bad sportsmanship, I dunno what is

And how would you enforce the punishment for someone who isn't playing PokeMMO? I'm extremely curious.

Edited by RysPicz
1 minute ago, RysPicz said:

And how would you enforce the punishment for someone who isn't playing PokeMMO? I'm extremely curious.

Im afraid I dont have solutions here, like I/Life said in discord theres like 10000 ways we cant enforce it, but that being said, if we see it happening we should punish it. But yeah, sadly no easily solution to this, nor do I have the cure to racism, I'll keep working on it in my lab though, until then lets just all do our part and love each other!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.