Untiered Tournaments?

Hello everyone, I have noticed how most of the tournaments are either OU, UU, NU and LC. Will there ever be an untiered tournament, which is exclusively for untiered pokemon? As I've typically noticed, most OU tournaments have many of their pokemon OU, the same with UU tournaments with UU pokemon and etc. So, I was wondering if it was possible that untiered pokemon can get some action? Is this possible to implement? And what does everyone think of the idea?

I look forward to everyone's responses.

I think the main goal of creating a new tier is the fact that there are too many pokemons in 5th gen. If we do some calcs, there are 41 mons in OU + BL, 44 mons in UU + BL and more than 96 Fully-Evolved mons in NU (not counting unplayable NUs below 1%). So what remains? Over 120+ Fully-Evolved playable mons (non-legendary etc.) and viable NFE's. That is, NU has 72% approx. of the total playable mons. In my opinion, it's not about usage stats, it's about the number of mons, so in order to give some freedom to choose tiers, and testing these mons at their respective power levels it's necessary a new tier.

Edited by typetheory
Args
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.