pokémon center treatment

YumiJerza

Question

Hello
I think making the Pokemon centers pay will increase the difficulty of the game.
That is to say that we will have to make better choices during fights (PP ...)
For example charging 50 dollars per restored pokemon so players will take much more care of their pokemon and pay more attention.
This will amplify the usefulness of the poitions at the same time.

10 answers to this question

It can basically lock any new player.

Imagine you havent won first battle, you run from wild pokemon, then the very first trainer gives you 100$. Sure, its 2 times to be healed, but also if you go to heal pokes few times, you are left without money, option to be healed, and to earn money.

It would not make game harder- it would make it frustrating because you wouldnt be able to progress in game not because you are bad or made wrong choices, but because for example an unlucky battle took all your money.

I guess there is reason why after losing to npcs you are not losing money.

I doubt it will be added, so I would also add that gtl tax should be enough for PokeMMO to provide free healthcare

If as you say the system can be frustrating and not difficult.
In this case we can make the pokemon center take a percentage of the money for example 0.05% -0.1% per pokemon to cure.
Or simply for each arena badge obtained as well as the league the price will increase.
Example
First 5 dollar badge by pokemon
Second 10 dollar badge by pokemon
So I think the second best solution because it will be open to anyone who is a beginner or a pro.
It is much too simple to go and heal every 30 seconds which makes potions useless outside of combat.

2 hours ago, YumiJerza said:

If as you say the system can be frustrating and not difficult.
In this case we can make the pokemon center take a percentage of the money for example 0.05% -0.1% per pokemon to cure.
Or simply for each arena badge obtained as well as the league the price will increase.
Example
First 5 dollar badge by pokemon
Second 10 dollar badge by pokemon
So I think the second best solution because it will be open to anyone who is a beginner or a pro.
It is much too simple to go and heal every 30 seconds which makes potions useless outside of combat.

% payment is really unfair for people who gather money in-game, in my opinion. At a certain point you wouldn't use the pokemon centre at all- you can put your pokemon into PC and get it back and it fully healed again. This option would have to be removed to make healing at PokeCentre even needed. 

People would've created accounts just to heal their pokemon- why do I need to pay 0.1% of my hard collected 100m when his new account can pay a minimum % of a 10k?

This suggestion introduces more problems than good points, tbh. We have bigger difficulty already with level caps and increased AI and no free switching of pokemon. Setting % payment for game create needs of having secondary accounts, and in long term would make players just frustrated at this not needed mechanic.

As for your note about current mechanic being "too simple cause you can go and heal pokemon every 30 seconds" - yea I understand but I don't agree. While you can come back, potions are here to save the time of coming to PC, its an option for players, not necessity. 

It is precisely for this reason that a fixed amount depending on the arena badges that you have could well do the trick.
And no, potions don't save time, why pay for potions when you have theft capacity and the free pokemon center?
Potions are only used in the league because we cannot heal our pokemon.

22 hours ago, YumiJerza said:

Hello
I think making the Pokemon centers pay will increase the difficulty of the game.
That is to say that we will have to make better choices during fights (PP ...)
For example charging 50 dollars per restored pokemon so players will take much more care of their pokemon and pay more attention.
This will amplify the usefulness of the poitions at the same time.

Pokemon Centers should be a free service. No need to punish people for a lack of potion using. Also, some places are a bit tedious to get through with trainers and such. Thus the potions would make a great addition not to mention the difficulty spike with gym battles.

And how do you suggest people without cash recover when they cannot afford to heal anymore and are effectively locked out of progression? No matter how cheap you make a wipe recovery, you have to take into account those who will be cashless for any kind of reason. MMO's punish deaths in some way usually, yes, but they don't lock you out of progression. This is the main issue here.

A problem always has its solution and in this present case as I said if we die during a fight we are teleport as usual to the pokemon center without paying I repeat without paying.
We can also provide free care for people with less than 1000 dollars, volunteer doctor.
So there will be no blocking problem

On 5/14/2020 at 6:15 AM, YumiJerza said:

And no, potions don't save time, why pay for potions when you have theft capacity and the free pokemon center?
Potions are only used in the league because we cannot heal our pokemon.

Here's why you'd use potions and revives even with Thief/Covet/Pickup and free Pokemon Centers:

1) I'm out grinding hordes and the trip back to the spot I'm using is tedious.

2) I'm out money grinding and the trip back to the last spot I used VS Seeker is tedious. (Note: This is also why the hot springs on Kindle Road don't heal PP anymore)

3) I'm making storyline progress and are either unable, or unwilling, to travel back to a Pokemon Center.

4) Thief, Covet, and Pickup are poor systems to rely on for healing items, not because of poor design but because they rely solely on the player having good luck.

Potions do get used in large quantities outside of the Pokemon League whether or not you realize it. Using that as justification for this type of system is very short sighted.

Here's why this system is a bad idea. Pokemon Centers are a core mechanic. When a player whites out, loses a battle, they are instantly transported back to the last Pokemon Center they used and Nurse Joy automatically heals their party. Changing that to require a fee is a bad idea all around, even if you try to tie it to gym badges. It just does not work. Players could get locked out of progress simply having bad RNG. Before you try to use this to polish the idea, allowing free heals after a white out does not make the system any better, it's still a poor system entirely.

Before this even gets brought up, the GTL charging a listing fee is completely different for two reasons:

1) It's not actually a core mechanic, players can play and enjoy the game without ever opening the GTL. They can't do that with Pokemon Centers.

2) The GTL is prone to spam listings from players seeking amounts that are unattainable reasonably or seeking extra storage space. Remember the GTL listings in the cartridges asking for level 1 legends?