World Cup 3 Week #2

6 hours ago, WorldCupMMO said:

We added XxLittleWolfxX and LeJovi in Venezuela B. Due to this add was at the beginning of the week ZacMorales can use both players on the actual week.

Soooo... till what time in the competition will the hosts keep allowing changes to teams? Is it not weird to change teams after a tournament started? Now all teams of the group that didn't face Venezuela B yet, will have to battle a "harder" Venezuela B than the team that faced them in round1...

1 hour ago, athelstan said:

Soooo... till what time in the competition will the hosts keep allowing changes to teams? Is it not weird to change teams after a tournament started? Now all teams of the group that didn't face Venezuela B yet, will have to battle a "harder" Venezuela B than the team that faced them in round1...

> Implying Jovi doesn't suck

2 hours ago, athelstan said:

sorry but logic doesn't apply to this game. With that in mind, all is cool.

2 hours ago, athelstan said:

It was done out of necessity, we cant treat this like its an actual world cup where each countries have been preparing for years with an extensive pool of participants that can play the roles required. There are going to be hickups like this, which I agree is unfortunate, but necessary for the tournament as a whole to continue with the least amount of turbulence

Edited by AndrewHavsha
I swear I can speak english
4 minutes ago, AndrewHavsha said:

It was done out of necessity, we cant treat this like its an actual world cup where each countries have been preparing for years with an extensive pool of participants that can play the roles required. There are going to be hickups like this, which I agree is unfortunate, but necessary for the tournament as a whole to continue with the least amount of turbulence

First of all, there has been people warning hosts for splitting up teams, so maybe they should have listened to that more.

And people don't have to prepare, but if your team doesn't have a certain player for a tier, it's too bad but you'll just have to put an inexperienced player or forfeit the tier. So imo it's not "necessary for the tournament" to change teams after starting, because this makes the format unfair. 

And also if you start allowing it now, what are they going to do later in the tournament? Still allow players to change teams? (Because how it looks now, Venezuela won't be the only team that will need or can use new players soon)

15 minutes ago, athelstan said:

First of all, there has been people warning hosts for splitting up teams, so maybe they should have listened to that more.

And I agree, they should have listened, but should this mean we just have a spoil the entire series because you don't agree with the hosts decisions?

And people don't have to prepare, but if your team doesn't have a certain player for a tier, it's too bad but you'll just have to put an inexperienced player or forfeit the tier. So imo it's not "necessary for the tournament" to change teams after starting, because this makes the format unfair. 

One of the biggest complaints Ive heard this wc is the low level of gameplay, forcing someone who has never played smou to suddenly be surrounded by megas/zmoves/etc is only going to make that worse. As far as Im concerned so long as all the players who were moved consented to it, then we shouldnt complain, it should only give us more entertaining matches

And also if you start allowing it now, what are they going to do later in the tournament? Still allow players to change teams? (Because how it looks now, Venezuela won't be the only team that will need or can use new players soon)

Its not as if they players decided they fancied a new team and took a trip to a new country, as I mentioned in the previous post, it was a change done out of necessity, and instead of getting up in arms over it, lets try enjoy the event (trust me, I've been on the end of complaining over every minor decision I didnt like, it was not a good time)

Complaining about every decision you dont agree with is only going to put the whole series beneath a grey cloud, for many people its their first time competing in an event like this, and instead of ruining their experience by forcing them onto tiers they dont play/by undermining the hosts at every step, try using it as an opportunity to help each other out, and just have fun.

Hosting big events like this ain't easy, everyone has different opinions (I think the hosts made the right call with the team swaps/Gb may think its good to allow coaching/etc), everyone LOVES to complain, all it ever achieves is make people not want to enter/not want to host the next big thing

Edited by AndrewHavsha
I still cant english apparently
11 minutes ago, AndrewHavsha said:

And I agree, they should have listened, but should this mean we just have a spoil the entire series because you don't agree with the hosts decisions?

One of the biggest complaints Ive heard this wc is the low level of gameplay, forcing someone who has never played smou to suddenly be surrounded by megas/zmoves/etc is only going to make that worse.

I agree it won't make it better, but still it doesn't make sense to take decisions that make no sense in competitive formats like this one. The teams were made up before round 1, the problems that are here now, were there also before round 1. So changing it now just doesn't make sense, what has changed between last week and this week? Nothing. 

As far as Im concerned so long as all the players who were moved consented to it, then we shouldnt complain, it should only give us more entertaining matches

Its not as if they players decided they fancied a new team and took a trip to a new country, as I mentioned in the previous post,

Also this part doesn't make sense, this change has affect on every group that has to face Venezuela, already has faced Venezuela, might have to face Venezuela, want to have more (good) players in their teams, so pretty much everyone in the tournament. 

it was a change done out of necessity,

Still no, the teams were made before round 1, nothing has changed. 

and instead of getting up in arms over it, lets try enjoy the event (trust me, I've been on the end of complaining over every minor decision I didnt like, it was not a good time)

Complaining about every decision you dont agree with is only going to put the whole series beneath a grey cloud, for many people its their first time competing in an event like this, and instead of ruining their experience by forcing them onto tiers they dont play/by undermining the hosts at every step, try using it as an opportunity to help each other out, and just have fun.

Hosting big events like this ain't easy, everyone has different opinions (I think the hosts made the right call with the team swaps/Gb may think its good to allow coaching/etc), everyone LOVES to complain, all it ever achieves is make people not want to enter/not want to host the next big thing

I enjoy fair tournaments. You know, same rules for everyone, no rules-changes after a tournament starts... The usual stuff you know.

2 hours ago, AndrewHavsha said:

Its not as if they players decided they fancied a new team and took a trip to a new country, as I mentioned in the previous post, it was a change done out of necessity

I agree. Now, can we do the same for Polonia? They only have 6 players (No room for subs or anything and they have shiny hunters playing tiers/comp they have never touched before. see: 6 SWEEPER TEAM XD)

Edited by iJulian
17 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

Pls stop with "Polonia" it's POLAND or POLSKA sheesh. Polonia is how we call polish people living abroad

Im sorry bro im just a jaja ("Polonia" actually how the countries name is spelt in spanish)

Edited by iJulian

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.