How to figure out which pokemon are in which area?

So i want to catch an abra in fire red/leaf green, but i don't know where i can find one, is there a reliable guide out there that will tell me info like this?  i'd also like to know where the guides are so i can go through the game easily.

Edited by hydralisk
1 minute ago, varietypaul said:

Your in-game pokedex shows you all the information you need, including wild locations/movesets/etc.

But to find info like wild locations, don't you need to encounter that pokemon in the wild/against npcs that are trainers?

17 minutes ago, hydralisk said:

But to find info like wild locations, don't you need to encounter that pokemon in the wild/against npcs that are trainers?

You'll encounter an Abra on your rival's team before you reach the area you can catch it in.

If you're looking for various types of guides, this section is your friend. The Pokedex contains most of the information you'd want about each species as you see and catch them though, so it's worth filling as you go.

47 minutes ago, hydralisk said:

This link is very well written and includes the full pokedex info:

You can just ctrl + f the poke you want and expand their section. Keep in mind there is also 2nd page.

1 hour ago, Dip said:

This link is very well written and includes the full pokedex info:

You can just ctrl + f the poke you want and expand their section. Keep in mind there is also 2nd page.

I am currently documenting the evolution lines. Once that is done, I can try to book a time with someone that can remove some of the extra posts to give the guide a more clean look. However, there may still be two pages to look through, but I can try to minimize the amount of pokemon that are listed on the 2nd page.