WORLD CUP 3 ADMINISTRATIVE DECISIONS.

Here we're going to announce the administrative decisions, such as penalties, bans and deadlines for line ups. I'll list the captains below.

Captains:

• Africa - Tawla
  • Argentina A - Souu
  • Argentina B -  GasaiYunoSan
  • Belgium - Mkns
  • Brazil - makarovmaster
  • Brexit - BlueBreath
  • Canada - gbwead
  • Chile - Sebat
  • China A - MullenYu
  • China B - laputafans
  • Colombia A- Enchanteur
  • Colombia B- SkullDeus
  • France - schuchty
  • Germany - LEviatharian
  • Korea - EYL
  • Mexico - Baneadito
  • Peru A - aldahirramirez
  • Peru B - xLuneth
  • Poland - Forfiter
  • Portugal - DeusBruno
  • Rest of America - Santiii
  • Rest of Asia - dinofish
  • Rest of Europe - UmbraMol
  • Spain A - Zigh
  • Turkey - Kamowanthere
  • USA -Drayyton
  • Venezuela A - CristhianArce
  • Venezuela B - ZacMorales

Host:

• xMago
  • BadBaarsito
  • MonkeyDMathew

We made a poll for the communitty and know what bracket format does the community prefer for this world cup. Please vote.

World Cup Team's SpreadSheet
Edited by WorldCupMMO

The first option seems extremely unfair due to groups aren't made based on seeding but RNG I guess ? 

So not qualifying all seconds (harder group seconds won't have best win rates) seems a little bit dangerous for the relevancy of this tournament. 

However if we want this thing to be reasonably fast, we need to make the playoffs 8 teams so I kinda agree with the 1st format (Only firsts and some 2nd qualify) but the selection between seconds must be through direct confrontation and not win rate in their group.

So after saying this I'm still voting for the first option but gotta be careful with how playoff seats are decided

4 hours ago, TohnR said:

The first option seems extremely unfair due to groups aren't made based on seeding but RNG I guess ? 

Yes exactly. Not letting all second places qualify punishes the teams that get 2nd in a tougher group and rewards those who end up in an easier group.

17 minutes ago, RLotus said:

Yes exactly. Not letting all second places qualify punishes the teams that get 2nd in a tougher group and rewards those who end up in an easier group.

The last option allows second and first places to pass + the best 4 Third places in 6 groups. That means we will have 9 weeks but all the second and first places go to next round. Risky cause maybe first place can be eliminated by a third place.

Just saying, if Choice 1 is used, I might just not play WC at all. That option is straight stupid, unfair and makes no sense whatsoever. It amazes me is winning the poll, guess people cant understand how tournaments work.

How is it fair that Team 1 (2nd place in Group A, where the level is, lets say, low) is "better" than other 2nd place teams (Team 2 from Group B, for example, where the level is higher) and continues to the next phase while Team 2 won't? Groups are independent, meaning you can't compare results from one to another. If you wanna continue with that idea, just make a big swiss round instead of groups. You'll get your desired number of teams for the elimination phase while being unbiased.

Honestly, if we are starting the WC like this, is not gonna end well. This is supposed to be a serious tournament, and not just something to pass time because there aren't better things to do.

2 minutes ago, Aerun said:

Option 1 sucks

Roxxass out here making the same mistakes as the last World Cup. I thought smart humans learn from their mistakes

the vote was proposed by me, the vote the whole community and "roxxass" vote option 2. (you can see which people vote which option)

many dramas about things you don't know is behind.

3 minutes ago, XondeX said:

I think people vote option 1 for the time, but it is the most unfair option.

Is just 1 week less, it makes no sense to rush things at the cost of making an entire phase group unfair.

1 minute ago, mago1993 said:

the vote was proposed by me, the vote the whole community and "roxxass" vote option 2. (you can see which people vote which option)

many dramas about things you don't know is behind.

Could you please explain the logic behind option 1?

1 minute ago, Zigh said:

Is just 1 week less, it makes no sense to rush things at the cost of making an entire phase group unfair.

Could you please explain the logic behind option 1?

Several options came up in the possibilities, where for example I did not agree with this, but it was left for the possible vote.

Tried to make it easier to read for those that don't understand.

• 5 Groups of 6 Teams. 1st places proceed to the next round & the best 3 2nd places pass to the next round. (Duration-8 weeks)
  • 6 Groups of 5 Teams. 1st & 2nd places pass next round. First elimination round is between 2nd places and the worst 2 1st places. (Duration - 9 weeks)
  • 4 Groups total(2 groups with 7 Teams & 2 Groups with 8 Teams). Groups with 8 teams start immedietly at week 1, whilst groups with 7 teams will start playing week 2. The 1st and 2nd places of each group go to single elimination round. (Duration-10weeks)
  • 6 Groups of 5 Teams. 1st & 2nd places pass to the next round & the best 4 3rd places pass next round. This option will need a second challonge bracket. (Duration - 9 weeks)

Imo, using "the best 3 2nd places" or "the best 4 3rd places" seems quite unprofessional and not legit. It's like something you'd see written by a new guy making an unofficial tournament with a tuesday 2am starting time. Perhaps instead of just plucking out the "best"(which would never really be accurate), just add an extra week of duels to showcase who's the best 2nd or 3rd place.

Edited by KaynineXL

I looked at the 30 teams and it's meh to have 2 teams representing the same country. If we didn't have 2 teams for Argentina, Brasil, China, Colombia, Peru and Venezuela, we would have a total of 24 teams instead of 30 teams. 24 teams is actually the ideal and allows us to have the most fair format possible.

We could easily have 4 groups of 6 teams (5 weeks). The 2 best teams of each group moves on which mean we get 8 teams bracket (3 weeks) afterwards.  No advantage based on which 2nd place did better or worse than the others. That's more straightforward and fair imo. A country with a large population doesn't usually get represented twice for the olympics or the world cup. It defeats the purpose of a World Cup to allow multiple rosters per country.

5 minutes ago, gbwead said:

I looked at the 30 teams and it's meh to have 2 teams representing the same country. If we didn't have 2 teams for Argentina, Brasil, China, Colombia, Peru and Venezuela, we would have a total of 24 teams instead of 30 teams. 24 teams is actually the ideal and allows us to have the most fair format possible.

We could easily have 4 groups of 6 teams (5 weeks). The 2 best teams of each group moves on which mean we get 8 teams bracket (3 weeks) afterwards.  No advantage based on which 2nd place did better or worse than the others. That's more straightforward and fair imo. A country with a large population doesn't usually get represented twice for the olympics or the world cup. It defeats the purpose of a World Cup to allow multiple rosters per country.

1.- If we take on count the Olympics format then a lot of player would be out from their actual teams.

2.- All players wanna play and due that reason having teams with 24 players can be unfair for them. 

3.- You didn't paid attention to second option where the seconds and first places pass to next round. In that case the only issue is that 2 first places will duel in first elimination round. Challenge will decide with the points. 

U miss read that i think and its not unfair, have a excellent day. 

1 minute ago, Xigbar said:

1.- If we take on count the Olympics format then a lot of player would be out from their actual teams.

2.- All players wanna play and due that reason having teams with 24 players can be unfair for them. 

3.- You didn't paid attention to second option where the seconds and first places pass to next round. In that case the only issue is that 2 first places will duel in first elimination round. Challenge will decide with the points. 

U miss read that i think and its not unfair, have a excellent day. 

If a country has a lot of players, that's their problem and, by fixing this problem, a greater one is now created for the entire world. That's not right. Add my option to the poll please.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.