Shiny Pokemon?

17 hours ago, kuplion said:

Check the first spoiler section in this post:

Assuming that is the shiny encounter rate (for all we know, it might be, or it might not be), I do not see how that is fair. You would need to encounter a whopping thirty thousand Pokemon just to possibly find one Shiny. I mean, the official games chances are much less than that, even though they're still large numbers.

EDIT: I apologize. I meant to say that if you encounter a group of thirty thousand Pokemon, one of those has a chance of being a Shiny. I was incorrect in my original assumption.

Edited by Ridley12

Hi!

15 minutes ago, Ridley12 said:

You would need to encounter a whopping thirty thousand Pokemon just to possibly find one Shiny.

This is not how probability works, you can find a shiny in 10, 100, 5000 or 100000 encounters, it depends on how lucky you are. ^^

The chance to find a shiny in vanilla games can be higher because it doesn't affect their economy. Shiny pokemons are highly valuable here, since it's a MMO, that's why it's important to be harder to find one.

If you're hunting a shiny, i wish you luck! ^^ May Arceus bless your hunt soon~

22 minutes ago, Ridley12 said:

Assuming that is the shiny encounter rate (for all we know, it might be, or it might not be), I do not see how that is fair. You would need to encounter a whopping thirty thousand Pokemon just to possibly find one Shiny. I mean, the official games chances are much less than that, even though they're still large numbers.

Found a shiny pelipper in 3 encounters, it's random in my opinion.

17 minutes ago, Teddi said:

Hi!

This is not how probability works, you can find a shiny in 10, 100, 5000 or 100000 encounters, it depends on how lucky you are. ^^

The chance to find a shiny in vanilla games can be higher because it doesn't affect their economy. Shiny pokemons are highly valuable here, since it's a MMO, that's why it's important to be harder to find one.

If you're hunting a shiny, i wish you luck! ^^ May Arceus bless your hunt soon~

Yeah, that totally makes sense, especially since people sell them for crazy amounts.

3 hours ago, Ridley12 said:

Yeah, that totally makes sense, especially since people sell them for crazy amounts.

The prices are actually low at the moment compared to a few months ago - I think that is a result of many players playing, hunting, encountering shinies due to the increased playtime in the game during the corona lockdown.

The rate is 1/30k as pointed, but I have tried encountering a shiny after just 40 leppas (400 encounters on a 5x horde) and after 63k+ encounters. It is all about luck, so my only suggestion to you (if you are gonna hunt) is that you stay patient and try to watch some series/TV in the background while hunting so you don't get all bored. In our team, we like to socialize and encourage each other whenever we shiny hunt. Best of luck! 

13 hours ago, Sethsen said:

The prices are actually low at the moment compared to a few months ago - I think that is a result of many players playing, hunting, encountering shinies due to the increased playtime in the game during the corona lockdown.

The rate is 1/30k as pointed, but I have tried encountering a shiny after just 40 leppas (400 encounters on a 5x horde) and after 63k+ encounters. It is all about luck, so my only suggestion to you (if you are gonna hunt) is that you stay patient and try to watch some series/TV in the background while hunting so you don't get all bored. In our team, we like to socialize and encourage each other whenever we shiny hunt. Best of luck! 

Yeah, I'd need a lot of patience for that, and I can't imagine what you guys go through. Lol

36 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

It might sound like a really ridiculous number, but when you search for shiny from popular EV spots (like rapidash, garbodors etc) you can see pages upon pages of shinies found there. Shinies are rarer here, but they at least have some value.

What are some of the more popular spots?