Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mnemosyne

OU and Rain abuse

Recommended Posts

I have been playing OU a lot the last couple weeks and I noticed that rain teams are very powerfull (and for that reason very common in OU). Most of the times (read as always) people bring Pelipper - Kingdra - Ludicolo - Wobbufett - Dugtrio - Scizor. I do believe that rain teams these days, especially paired with trappers, are too good in the current meta and therefore requires a nerf.

 

This could be done by banning the trappers or by adding a weather + speed ability clause. This means that teams are not permitted to include Pokémon with the abilities Drought and Drizzle with Pokémon with the abilities Chlorophyll and Swift Swim. They may enter a battle with one or the other.

 

This also shuts down sun teams. I don't know how problemetic sun teams so maybe its possible to just have this rule for Rain teams?

 

Looking forward to feedback from other people about this.

 

Mnemo
 

Share this post


Link to post

Is there any documentation on why the trappers got unbanned in the first place?

That's probably the first place I'd check for some counterplay.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Eggplant said:

Is there any documentation on why the trappers got unbanned in the first place?

That's probably the first place I'd check for some counterplay.

From what I heard (I don't know if this is actually true) is that the TC don't want any ubers. So an uberless tier.

 

Something just has to be done because this current meta isn't healthy at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Would be so cool if they would ban that. At least traps. 

Or u just run a Shed Shell Blissey LOL 

Edited by Spxter

Share this post


Link to post

Tier Council is aware of the problematic presence of Drayton's rain team.

The issue lies with the trapping ability of Wobbufet and this is being looked into.

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Tyrone said:

Tier Council is aware of the problematic presence of Drayton's rain team.

The issue lies with the trapping ability of Wobbufet and this is being looked into.

Well if you and the TC are aware of this problem why does it take so long to do something about it. Even when you know the solution of the problem, which is banning Wobbufett or banning the ability Shadow Tag?

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Mnemosyne said:

Well if you and the TC are aware of this problem why does it take so long to do something about it. Even when you know the solution of the problem, which is banning Wobbufett or banning the ability Shadow Tag?

Theres a whole thread covering this discussion, which results from the problem that devs want no ubers vs complex bans of abilities and attacks. You will notice that tc is just as helpless and unsatisfied with the situation as the rest of us.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Tyrone said:

Tier Council is aware of the problematic presence of Drayton's rain team.

The issue lies with the trapping ability of Wobbufet and this is being looked into.

Why is it problematic? There's always been popular teams in every gen.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, WildHodor said:

Theres a whole thread covering this discussion, which results from the problem that devs want no ubers vs complex bans of abilities and attacks. You will notice that tc is just as helpless and unsatisfied with the situation as the rest of us.

Banning an ability doesnt seem very complex for me. They banned Sand Veil on Garchomp. Might aswell ban uncompetitive abilities that trap. Its better for the competitive meta. And that is the most important thing.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Mnemosyne said:

Banning an ability doesnt seem very complex for me. They banned Sand Veil on Garchomp. Might aswell ban uncompetitive abilities that trap. Its better for the competitive meta. And that is the most important thing.

We didn't ban Sand Veil, just removed its PVP effect.

Also chomp is pretty useful even without an ability.

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, suigin said:

We didn't ban Sand Veil, just removed its PVP effect.

Not a TC decision smh

Share this post


Link to post

 

As far as I know climatic teams that use clhorophile fast swim and sand rush there are banned in smogon clause and pokemmo use smogon clause in there oficial pvp so i dont know why dont ban that hability as their ban ice cloak and sand veil 2 habilitys already banned by smogon too

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, nicollassiittoo said:

 

As far as I know climatic teams that use clhorophile fast swim and sand rush there are banned in smogon clause and pokemmo use smogon clause in there oficial pvp so i dont know why dont ban that hability as their ban ice cloak and sand veil 2 habilitys already banned by smogon too

Only banned in Gen5, because of permanent weather. Having your Kingdra outrun the whole metagame during the full course of the match is way more OP than having it do that for 5-8 turns.

 

Sand Veil and Snow Cloak are just uncompetitive, for me it doesn't matter if they last 1 turn or 100 turns.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.