Farming amulet coin

Hi guys!

So I thought that in my spare time I'd hunt some hordes of meows to get some amulet coins for my future gym rematches but before I'd begin my hunt, I'd wanna ask.

1. Where should I hunt them?

2. Which mon should I use for hunting? What level is appropriate?

Any clues, short guides and answers, I'll highly appreciate :)

Gothitelle / Stantler / Banette with frisk ability and Thief. My teammate did the math btw, the amount of time you will spend finding amulet coin vs if using same time to do gym runs with bought amulet coin, you will make much more. But if you do go for farming your own, have one or more of those pokemon (as per your preference) with frisk + thief, and go to Kindle Road.

Frisk doesn't tell you which meowth is holding the item in the horde, so it will be drag using thief on all of them, so make sure they have fully EVs in Defence stat just in case.

All the best fam, hope this helped.

6 minutes ago, Akshit said:

Gothitelle / Stantler / Banette with frisk ability and Thief. My teammate did the math btw, the amount of time you will spend finding amulet coin vs if using same time to do gym runs with bought amulet coin, you will make much more. But if you do go for farming your own, have one or more of those pokemon (as per your preference) with frisk + thief, and go to Kindle Road.

Frisk doesn't tell you which meowth is holding the item in the horde, so it will be drag using thief on all of them, so make sure they have fully EVs in Defence stat just in case.

All the best fam, hope this helped.

Thanks a lot Akshit, I know this isn't the most profitable method but I just need to do tons of different stuff ingame (even if it's all grind, but it's a different grind) so I won't get bored. I'll give that a try :)

12 hours ago, RysPicz said:

Thanks a lot Akshit, I know this isn't the most profitable method but I just need to do tons of different stuff ingame (even if it's all grind, but it's a different grind) so I won't get bored. I'll give that a try :)

gothitelle frisk, skarmory thief + meowths in island 1 using sweet scent is the best i could've find.

Warning: the farming of this item might drive you crazy since most of the time meowths will have quick claw.

frisk no longer tells what item is in that horder!

GOOD LUCK BROTHA

I do something more slow than what was suggested above, I think, but I'm ok with it.

1. You lead with a Frisk pokemon, any level.

2. You spam hordes of 3 Meowths (rt. 5)

3. If Frisk triggers, you swap to any high level pokemon with Trick and without any item on it.

4. Use trick up to 3 times.

5. I discard Quick Claws and go for Nuggets (5k selling to NPC) and Amulet Coins.

This way you incidentaly find some breeders or trash males to egg-hunt shinies. You also avoid thiefing the trash item if 2 Meowths have items on them, which is rare but still probable every once in a while.