Hidden Ability

42 minutes ago, dlkqru29183 said:

Is PokeMMO ever gonna add Hidden Abilities?

Hidden Abilities will hopefully be introduced with the addition of legendary dungeons.

42 minutes ago, dlkqru29183 said:

Also is Garchomp's ability useless in PvP?

It's safe to say that Garchomp's Sand Veil ability is now useless in PvP as it no longer works, yes.

7 hours ago, dlkqru29183 said:

Was it really that game breaking that they had to remove it completely? I just got a Garchomp today :(

The guys over in the competitive subforum would probably be able to answer this much better than me, but it has to deal with the combination of Garchomp's amazing stats and an ability that can create a lot of inconsistencies and luck based matches. Garchomp regardless will be a huge threat in the meta without his ability being active, and will still probably be highly used.

9 hours ago, dlkqru29183 said:

Was it really that game breaking that they had to remove it completely? I just got a Garchomp today :(

Even though it doesn't have its Sand Veil ability anymore, it is still very competitive due to its amazing stats - so just keep using it.

5 minutes ago, Cacha said:

What balance? xD

Flygon is better than garchomp, have roost, dragon tail. Druddigon to, better than garchomp.

Should probably read up on Sand Veil. Statwise Garchomp has the distinct edge, add in an active Sand Veil and Garchomp becomes even more powerful because of the 1.25x evasion boost in a sandstorm which essentially causes it to break Evasion Clause. Evasion boosts make matches rely more on luck than skill. Without Sand Veil being active Garchomp still retains power but is more levelled with others in OU.

https://veekun.com/dex/gadgets/compare_pokemon?pokemon=druddigon&pokemon=flygon&pokemon=garchomp&version_group=11

https://veekun.com/dex/abilities/sand veil

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 5/2/2020 at 8:51 PM, UDL said:

Any hint about when this will be available?

Apparently the devs have been talking about it for years, but it's honestly anyone's guess when or if it will ever happen. Personally I think they're going to do HG/SS before they do dungeons because people always complaign about there being no Johto, even though all the gen 2 non-legendaries can already be caught. :-(

Implementing Johto without any new endgame content would be a very big mistake. The only reason devs are even doing it is for completion sake. But it would be an extremely boring and meaningless edition overall because we can already catch everything. So people are going to be finished in 10 or less hours with the region and guess what they are going to do? Go on forums and complain about the lack of content. 

No I think Johto is very low priority and if it gets implemented it has to be with or after a big endgame content update. 

I don't think implementing Johto before the dungeons is a good idea at the first place. First of all, HGSS has a different leveling up mechanic, which makes it a challenging game ( I played HG recently and I got stucked in Mt silver, leveling up my pokemon on wild Golbat and Donphan because I was too underleveled to battle Red)

Secondly, the devs have to consider how they will make the Lake of Rage Shiny gyarados battle (If its going to be a Giratina-like boss fight or make it catchable and make it like Zekrom in the Unova story)

Finally, the main thing about HGSS is the Post-game, which is connected with a future Kanto region (where Blue/Gary bacame the Viridian gym leader, Cinnabar Island was destroyed by a volcano eruption and a magnetic train that connects Vermillion City of Kanto  and Goldenrod city of Johto

Edit: Plus you get a very low amount of cash from the trainers and the gyms

Edited by RealMak

Yo wtf I am waiting for the hidden abilities to play this game again, my team is mostly based on that and aI can't use a lot of pokemons I like in competitve because of that.

What are thet waiting for, that shit aint hard to implement.

Yo wtf I am waiting for the hidden abilities to play this game again, my team is mostly based on that and aI can't use a lot of pokemons I like in competitve because of that.

What are thet waiting for, that shit aint hard to implement.