Marriage Partner/Best Friend

Squall

Question

rS7FE.png

Okay, first of all I am sure that when many of you'll saw the title, you'll were like WTF?

It is not that strange as 'Marriage' is an option which is available in many games (including MMOs) such as Skyrim, the Rune Factory Series, RuneScape, Maplestory and etc.

I think that it would be a pretty cool thing to add to PokeMMO once the Devs have free time on their hands.

Another option called "Best Friend" has been included for those of you'll who don't prefer the word "marriage".

Okay now back on topic.

This idea is based from the Anime SAO, where once a person gets married they have the ability to withdraw items from each other's inventory. The same benefits apply even if you chose "Best Friend".

This is what I suggest:

1). Once you are married/once you have chosen a best friend you have the option of 'instant withdrawing' (for items) with your marriage partner/best friend without needing to meet him/her. But to prevent possible scamming, you have to get for his/her permission first.

How this could be helpful:

• Lets say for example that you are farming for good IVed Dittos and Koffings in Cinnabar Mansion's basement.
  • You then notice that you are running low on Pokeballs.
  • If you partner is online, you can get your partner's permission to withdraw some Pokeballs from his/her inventory since you don't want to go through all the trouble of exiting Cinnabar Mansion and making your way to the basement again!
2). Once married/you have chosen a Best Friend, your Pokedex would be shared with your partner and every Pokemon that one person has seen, the other person would have seen too!

• Well this won't be helpful in any particular way but it would be a nice addition to these options.
  • One possible way It will help out your partner is if he/she joined recently and couldn't meet any of the 'Limited Edition' Pokemon.
3). You can 'instant trade' Pokemon (who are in your Party/PC) with your Partner (exclusively for people who are married/have a best friend only)! Once again, permission is required to prevent possible spamming.

• If your partner needs a Pokemon of a particular type 'desperately' to defeat a Gym Leader or a Trainer and you happen to be busy EV Training or farming for Pokemon, this option would be helpful ^^

4). New items can be bought (as suggested by Darkshade).

• I don't need to explain this, do I?

5~?). Any other ideas you'll can come up with would be appreciated.

To prevent possible scamming:

1). When 'instant trading' or 'instant withdrawing' the partner who is requesting the trade or withdrawal has to obviously get permission from the other partner(mentioned earlier).

2). Once you get married, you cannot 'divorce' for one month's time, so choose your partner carefully! xD

If you choose a Best Friend, you cannot choose another one for one month's time! So pick a proper friend.

Well that's all I have to say! I also added spoilers to make this suggestion look as short as possible! :L

Edited by Kudasai
Fixed Odd Formatting Issue

Just for you'll, I asked an accomplice of mine to take a picture of that 'memorable day' ;)

stjamestheapostlecathol.jpg

Meanwhile, at around the same time, in an area unknown to the general public...

(Warning! The following content has been rated 'Adults Only' <<)

animeboyandgirlinlove2.jpg

>Suddenly in a September Wedding

Also, we all know Croix and Lolisauce are an item.

Alright, since the majority of the people who play PokeMMO are '10 year old kids' and the word 'marriage' is too hard for them to 'comprehend', I will change the name of the title to 'Best Friends in PokeMMO' and edit the information accordingly <<

What do you guys think?

P.S-Then I guess the idea of 'marriage' is gone forever then... ;__;

Looks like I'll be the blunt one like always: This idea is fucking stupid. Marriage in a Pokemon game is stupid. Regardless of it being an MMO, the endgame shouldn't be trying to find another person to e-fuck. It should be catching/trading Pokemon for competitive play. If you want that experience go watch Twilight, it shares the same "everyone should find a date!" mentality.

As far as "sharing" things go, I can't wait for the first idiot to marry someone, get cleaned out and shout "scammer/gold digger!"

10 Year old Kids marrying other 10 Year Old Kids in Pokemon would cause a lot mockery to both the community in-game and outside this game.

Besides that. You remember the characters are supposed to be kids?

Alright, since the majority of the people who play PokeMMO are '10 year old kids' and the word 'marriage' is too hard for them to 'comprehend',

In Mabinogi, the youngest a character can be, is 10. You can also marry at any age with any gender provided you have enough money for it. Oh, and there are ceremonies too. So obviously, 10 year olds marrying each other on online games isn't exactly new and has been done before.

In Mabinogi, the youngest a character can be, is 10. You can also marry at any age with any gender provided you have enough money for it. Oh, and there are ceremonies too. So obviously, 10 year olds marrying each other on online games isn't exactly new and has been done before.

Cannot like, I wish I had been able to get into mabinogi more than I had, there were a lot of neat things I liked about it.