can i increase fov in PC?

5 hours ago, thinklbs said:

hello guys, is there any way to increase the FOV on pc? I see that the fov on my pc is very close (Kanto and Hoenn)

Could you clarify what you mean by very close? The FOV is already much larger than the default FOV from the games as is.

Edited by XelaKebert
46 minutes ago, XelaKebert said:

Could you clarify what you mean by very close? The FOV is already much larger than the default FOV from the games as is.

Even if Pokemmo already has a larger FOV, is there a way to increase it even further? I've been looking for this for a long time

8 hours ago, XelaKebert said:

even if it's larger than in the normal game, i think if there is a way to increase it, it would be very useful

2 hours ago, ProfessorMaplle said:

Your resolution might be set pretty low. If you run the game at a higher resolution you can see more of the map

And what are the steps to do this? Tried a bunch of tutorials in the past but none worked

10 hours ago, Zigh said:

Even if Pokemmo already has a larger FOV, is there a way to increase it even further? I've been looking for this for a long time

3 hours ago, thinklbs said:

even if it's larger than in the normal game, i think if there is a way to increase it, it would be very useful

As suggested, a resolution change may help, but if not then there is no available means to change the FOV.

4 minutes ago, ProfessorMaplle said:

If you go into settings, the option "display resolution" should be there under video. You could also mess with "Display Mode" to configure Fullscreen

Tried that long ago but doesn't work, at least for me. I try to set it at 1366 x 768 (the highest option displayed) but it resets to 1087 x 652 every time

3 minutes ago, Zigh said:

Tried that long ago but doesn't work, at least for me. I try to set it at 1366 x 768 (the highest option displayed) but it resets to 1087 x 652 every time

You could try setting Display Mode to borderless window, that stopped the resolution from resetting for me

9 hours ago, ProfessorMaplle said:

Your resolution might be set pretty low. If you run the game at a higher resolution you can see more of the map

It doesn't quite work like this anymore - but it used to.

Since the Sinnoh update, in Kanto/Hoenn you can make the resolution extremely high but it will still revert to about the same FOV as 1920x1080. I have 3 monitors (sometimes run 4), and before the Sinnoh update, I could stretch the client across all 3 and see suuuuper far - around 2 towns in the right spot. Since the Sinnoh update though, if you increase the client past 1920 width, it will just make things scale larger and larger (prob to support 4k players who were complaining that everything was too small). To explain fully, below are some pictures pre and post Sinnoh update:

Spoiler

Pre-update:

3heZf3x.png
EKwuXia.png

Post update:
WegoNgv.png
zY02WN2.png

1920x1080 for comparison:
btuQvL2.png

If you actually go full size on those pics, things in the GBA regions are MASSIVE now with a high resolution. Meaning there is barely any noticeable difference past 1920 width. Once I go wider, my client just starts making me/buildings/everything way too big. I normally don't play that way, but it's rather annoying that there's no way to just manually change the FOV to a few preset options.

18 hours ago, awkways said:

It doesn't quite work like this anymore - but it used to.

Since the Sinnoh update, in Kanto/Hoenn you can make the resolution extremely high but it will still revert to about the same FOV as 1920x1080. I have 3 monitors (sometimes run 4), and before the Sinnoh update, I could stretch the client across all 3 and see suuuuper far - around 2 towns in the right spot. Since the Sinnoh update though, if you increase the client past 1920 width, it will just make things scale larger and larger (prob to support 4k players who were complaining that everything was too small). To explain fully, below are some pictures pre and post Sinnoh update:

Hide contents

Pre-update:

3heZf3x.png
EKwuXia.png

Post update:
WegoNgv.png
zY02WN2.png

1920x1080 for comparison:
btuQvL2.png

If you actually go full size on those pics, things in the GBA regions are MASSIVE now with a high resolution. Meaning there is barely any noticeable difference past 1920 width. Once I go wider, my client just starts making me/buildings/everything way too big. I normally don't play that way, but it's rather annoying that there's no way to just manually change the FOV to a few preset options.

I wasn't aware of these changes. I think that it was a good change considering how far out you could see at higher resolutions