PokeMMO World Cup 3rd edition - The general thread and donations thread

Xy0jXTk.gif&key=818914ebfa8a77a759254434

What is a PokeMMO World Cup?

PokeMMO World Cup is a tournament where you represent your nation for the title of best country or region in PokeMMO!

How do I sign up?

Signups have opened in:

What are the rules for the World Cup?

Big part of the rules and procedures are already in the Sign up thread. The rules and procedures can be changed before the Sign Up thread close. You can find every rule in the Sign up thread. The link to it already posted above.

How long will the tournament last?

After the tournament starts, it will last multiple weeks. Battles are done by competing against new country/region every week and the best teams qualify for the final tournament.

What is the format for World Cup?

It will be a 6v6 Team Tournament based event, tiers are OU, UU, NU, Doubles LC SMOU

The tournament will have group phase and single elimination phase.

Prizes?

This is largely in the hands of the community. The more you donate, the bigger and more hype tournament we get!

The account for donations alread created and only the main host xMago have acces to it. Nobody of the other host have access to it.

IGN For donate : Luffy

Donations : 79,3M + 2K RP 

Ki 50M

MonkeyDMathew 22,1M

MullenYu 2K RP

HaseKirie 2M

Tawla 1M

ALL 1M

Wildhodor 1M

UndefeatedLeon 1M

Mkns 1M

Poufilou 200K

Official Server of Discord : https://discord.gg/ut56gdd

Edited by WorldCupMMO
19 hours ago, Tawla said:

I barely found an africain dubs player and now i see vgc 2020 and shield sword which are not even mmo tiers please remove it....africa dont even have 7 players. 

Yeah I know the feels, during last World Cup there were 2 polish players signed up (Magnerd and me) and we ended up in a "Rest of Europe" team. Pretty sure that's how it will end up here as well- so prepare to land in "Rest of Africa" or "Rest of the World" team. Who knows, maybe we'll even end up in one team together?

Had a small concern while reading everything again. Are we gonna play 6 matches every week? If so, that will put us in some "TIE" situations, which will only make more difficult and unfair to select the winning countries that pass to the single elimination rounds.While this isnt an issue in events like PSL where we have a 7 weeks groups phase (meaning that is most likely teams don't end tied or there's a clear winner between tied ones), it might be here, depending on how many teams you put in each group.

Basically how are you going to manage the tiebreakers?

Edited by Zigh
2 hours ago, TohnR said:

We start over the whole 6 matches, more matches more fun jajaja

Finally found you. We need you to edit your Sign up. Europe is not a country, is a continent. 

2 hours ago, Zigh said:

Had a small concern while reading everything again. Are we gonna play 6 matches every week? If so, that will put us in some "TIE" situations, which will only make more difficult and unfair to select the winning countries that pass to the single elimination rounds.While this isnt an issue in events like PSL where we have a 7 weeks groups phase (meaning that is most likely teams don't end tied or there's a clear winner between tied ones), it might be here, depending on how many teams you put in each group.

Basically how are you going to manage the tiebreakers?

Official announcement about that soon tm.

3 hours ago, Xigbar said:

Finally found you. We need you to edit your Sign up. Europe is not a country, is a continent. 

OH REALLY ?

Wow finding me must have been really hard considering my discord is in my signup. Oh wait...

Weird tho cause that's exactly what the hosts (Mago & Matthew) told me to put in my signup when I asked them and explained my situation

Would you contact me on discord or ask other hosts about it ? 

Edited by TohnR
Smh
14 minutes ago, TohnR said:

OH REALLY ?

Wow finding me must have been really hard considering my discord is in my signup. Oh wait...

Weird tho cause that's exactly what the hosts (Mago & Matthew) told me to put in my signup when I asked them and explained my situation

Would you contact me on discord or ask other hosts about it ? 

Was hard, for sure. I'm not seeking all the day for wrong sign ups and the players, is your duty do correct sign up, not host duty.
Is weird cause they didn't told me that knowing I was one who done the spread sheet document.
I will talk with Host due mm is like me, only a Co-Host & please, keep your manner I asked you in a nice way not trying to offend you or something. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.