Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

Well after all this catching events that i saw today, i'd say that staff would probably like to see some pvp players stop the game, please stop saying 'we have limits on shiny etc etc' we're not kids of 10 y.o who would believe such a bullshit, like seriously what do you have in your minds to put a shiny druddigon on a catching event ??  You guys should take a look on NU most played pokemons, druddigon is one of the most important pokemons in NU, people would give everything to fight for it !! And not giving it to someone who's sitting for just one hour, catching some luck to win a prize that he dont deserve at all ffs. Also, Grimer, one of the most important in LC tier, people will do everything for it, not worth for a catching event you guys should understand how much time , money, skill are pvp player's spending to play tournaments and sometimes i see some catching events having no pvp pokemons as a gift, like spinarak, pidgey etc.. Some useless pokemons but let me tell you something, those useless pokemons arent even worth for catching events, and hosting tour for shiny spinarak(which is useless) is more worth than a 6x31 pokemon that cannot be played mixed like lilligant, its not me or other who should tell you to wake up and learn more about pokemons that could be played mixed or not.

Thanks. 

49 minutes ago, Tawla said:

Well after all this catching events that i saw today, i'd say that staff would probably like to see some pvp players stop the game, please stop saying 'we have limits on shiny etc etc' we're not kids of 10 y.o who would believe such a bullshit, like seriously what do you have in your minds to put a shiny druddigon on a catching event ??  You guys should take a look on NU most played pokemons, druddigon is one of the most important pokemons in NU, people would give everything to fight for it !! And not giving it to someone who's sitting for just one hour, catching some luck to win a prize that he dont deserve at all ffs. Also, Grimer, one of the most important in LC tier, people will do everything for it, not worth for a catching event you guys should understand how much time , money, skill are pvp player's spending to play tournaments and sometimes i see some catching events having no pvp pokemons as a gift, like spinarak, pidgey etc.. Some useless pokemons but let me tell you something, those useless pokemons arent even worth for catching events, and hosting tour for shiny spinarak(which is useless) is more worth than a 6x31 pokemon that cannot be played mixed like lilligant, its not me or other who should tell you to wake up and learn more about pokemons that could be played mixed or not.

Thanks. 

They are limited on the shinies they can give, they can only withdraw shinies from the pool @Squirtle gives them. But indeed, once again casual players > comp players.

Please stop giving 6x31's to Pokemon which can't even viably use 6x31s. Jesus christ, 6x31 breloom ?? 6x31 gyarados?? 6x31 gengar?? Heracross?????????

Gyarados is terrible mixed unless you want to ruin a great mon as a lure for ferrothorn. At which point just use magnezone with gyara lol, sub punch gengar is the worst gengar right now. And don't even get me started on Breloom and Heracross.

Please stop doing this, and actually do this shit for 6x31 Pokemon which are good.

ty

ps more shinies for ou plz.

Feedback for the Lunar New Year Event - especially on the reward system.

Overall the event is pretty cool and challenging. I even wrote several german guides for my teammates, since im kind of an experienced new lunar event runner. 

Its nice that the movesets got changed up again and u had to find new synergies first. Whats not so cool in comparison to last year, is that the envelopes seem to drop nothing rare that has a high price when you try to sell it. - besides nobody can tell what really can be in this envelopes since there isnt a list of possible contains - I think thats meant to be like that - 

Also i can understand that you earn money when giving people the chance to buy shiny charms to trade it in for fast ingame money when selling it, but I think the shiny charm price drop from around 4 million to 200k will also cause the old lucky red envelopes to drop in price forever. 

To the rewarding I have a question - does the amount of lucky envelope rewards scale higher, the more often you beat the boss or does it scale with the score? - If so, what affects the score or the amount of rewards in the end the most? that is the one thing we couldnt really figure out yet. Someone said, if you beat the "watcher" pokemon on the way to the house to the shrine everytime you will receive extra points/rewards for that. I just want to know if that is a myth or not haha.

Another plus factor is that the Boss fights werent as hard as last year and you could beat it with a lot of combinations of pokemon without dying while trying it. To battle Entei was cool, but the double with Entei and Arcanine was a bit harsh last year. Even tho we managed to reach a score of 64 last year and this year our highest was 43. I dont know. x)

Anyways, I hope you will think about maybe another NPC to trade in the Gold Coins without having to gather 3 chopper coins, which drop way too rare in comparison to the gold coins.

I mean if you go by logic, Gold should be way more rare than chopper. but as things are now, you would need to change the ratio to 3 gold coins and 1 chopper coins for the lucky envelope trade in.

I have three Ideas to fix the problem. -
1. Let an NPC trade Gold Coins for a specified amount of ingame money. 2. Let him trade coins for something like heartscales or something comparisonable.

The Third, and which i really hope for to be honest is: Please fix the chopper/gold coin drop rates so that if you play long runs you get more chopper coins to be able to trade in the OLD, stored gold coins (again to mention i have 190 (see attachment screenshot) of them left, not being able to toss them away at once, laying in my pocket for a year and have no effect outside the event at all) for money or event items. I mean, wouldnt it be cool to give people the one time (or two-time) opportunity to trade in e.g. 50 or 100 gold coins for a whole set of event cosmetics like the rattata outfits? Since i dont want to lose much money trying to get these outfits this year opening lots of envelopes, that would be an option id be happy about.

Hope you can work with my feedback, keep up the good work, we love Pokemmo and the Lunar New Year event is one of the coolest events you ever made. I was waiting the whole year for it and luckily I had vacation to farm very much in it again. When i started Pokemmo the event helped me buying/breeding all the Pokemon i wanted to try out in PVP at the start and that was just super awesome for me. Maybe thats one of the reasons im a pvp enthusiast today!

best regards - Zeldamon

übrige gold coins.JPG

Edited by Zeldamon
added screenshot of my left coins
bad moderateur

It drives me crazy! Why would you (moderators/administrators) host 64 players tournaments on the weekend for a shiny reward when there is a mass of players connected?
4601b0cf78b83ff531ea80756d6cc9c2.svg

And you host 128 players tournaments when there are only a few players connected? 

I’ve been seeing this for a while and I have not said anything because I am lazy to go on the forum, but it's really too much now. I only play pvp and you deprive me of that! If you have a logical reason for such terrible tournament management, I expect an answer.

gg gb le bg pour le tournois
Edited by MadaraSixSix
45 minutes ago, MadaraSixSix said:
bad moderateur

It drives me crazy! Why would you (moderators/administrators) host 64 players tournaments on the weekend for a shiny reward when there is a mass of players connected?

And you host 128 players tournaments when there are only a few players connected? 

I’ve been seeing this for a while and I have not said anything because I am lazy to go on the forum, but it's really too much now. I only play pvp and you deprive me of that! If you have a logical reason for such terrible tournament management, I expect an answer.

Simple, because first, the last thing they care about is what players suggest, second, because they dont know whats going on the game and all what they care about is PVE players, Moderators dont know much about the game, or maybe they do like they dont know anything about it, you're not the first one to talk about this, many people did before, and nothing changed and im really sorry to tell you that nothing will change. 

7 minutes ago, Tawla said:

Simple, because first, the last thing they care about is what players suggest, second, because they dont know whats going on the game and all what they care about is PVE players, Moderators dont know much about the game, or maybe they do like they dont know anything about it, you're not the first one to talk about this, many people did before, and nothing changed and im really sorry to tell you that nothing will change. 

Oh but they care if you're chinese, since you're the one dumping thousands into their pockets. And well yeah, not a single mod or gm atm is good enough imo, anyone can moderate, but their ingame activity is so lacking. 

1 hour ago, MadaraSixSix said:
bad moderateur

We're aware that certain time slots are more likely to have a higher participation rate than others but we can't just squeeze them all during weekends because it's not possible and also not fair. We scatter official events on every day of the week on multiple time zones to give a fair chance for everyone to join in. Moreover, 128-seat tournaments can last several hours and not everyone has a couple hour ahead of them to spare for a tournament. We try to prioritize rarer shinies for 128-seat but we also like to alternate with a 64-seat once in a while. In the end it's up to the host to decide but we can't please everyone, sadly.

1 hour ago, Tawla said:

That's not true. Just because we don't comment every suggestions doesn't mean we don't look at them. Criticism is good when it's constructive and well-reasoned, unlike this:

53 minutes ago, razimove said:

Oh but they care if you're chinese, since you're the one dumping thousands into their pockets. And well yeah, not a single mod or gm atm is good enough imo, anyone can moderate, but their ingame activity is so lacking. 

4 hours ago, LeZenor said:

We're aware that certain time slots are more likely to have a higher participation rate than others but we can't just squeeze them all during weekends because it's not possible and also not fair. We scatter official events on every day of the week on multiple time zones to give a fair chance for everyone to join in. Moreover, 128-seat tournaments can last several hours and not everyone has a couple hour ahead of them to spare for a tournament. We try to prioritize rarer shinies for 128-seat but we also like to alternate with a 64-seat once in a while. In the end it's up to the host to decide but we can't please everyone, sadly.

That's not true. Just because we don't comment every suggestions doesn't mean we don't look at them. Criticism is good when it's constructive and well-reasoned, unlike this:

But it was during the weekend - and if people don't have the time to compete for a rare shiny such as a shiny Toxicroak, they should not sign up at all. I know several people from yesterday who were so hyped for the tournament, but was not included because of the lack of seats. Within the first seconds, more than 100 already signed up, possibly more.

I really think you should STRONGLY consider that at least shiny tournaments in the future should have the 128-seat feature - especially during the weekends. Too many people miss the tournaments nowadays - and that's too sad. 

12 hours ago, Sethsen said:

But it was during the weekend - and if people don't have the time to compete for a rare shiny such as a shiny Toxicroak, they should not sign up at all. I know several people from yesterday who were so hyped for the tournament, but was not included because of the lack of seats. Within the first seconds, more than 100 already signed up, possibly more.

I really think you should STRONGLY consider that at least shiny tournaments in the future should have the 128-seat feature - especially during the weekends. Too many people miss the tournaments nowadays - and that's too sad. 

I agree with Sethsen completely on this, I think the structure should go as follows:

Community Combat Tournaments on a Weekday - 32-64 seats (Depending on the tier)

CC Tourneys on a Weekend - 64 Seats

Normal Tourneys with no shiny prize on a Weekday - 64 seats

Normal Tourneys with no shiny prize on a Weekend - 64-128 seats (Depending on the tier)
Normal Tourneys with a shiny prize - 128 seats

Also I was thinking about an idea where lets say a 64 man tournament is hosted and 128+ people sign up for it, that the tournament then expands to 128 seats. Obviously this wouldn't be ideal for someone who only had time for a 64 man tournament, but I'm just throwing out ideas as this is how it currently works on Showdown (granted, they only usually get 16-32 people signing up, but it still works quite well).

Edited by kloneman
3 minutes ago, kloneman said:

I agree with Sethsen completely on this, I think the structure should go as follows:

Community Combat Tournaments on a Weekday - 32-64 seats (Depending on the tier)

CC Tourneys on a Weekend - 64 Seats

Normal Tourneys with no shiny prize on a Weekday - 64 seats

Normal Tourneys with no shiny prize on a Weekend - 64-128 seats (Depending on the tier)
Normal Tourneys with a shiny prize - 128 seats

Also I was thinking about an idea where lets say a 64 man tournament is hosted and 128+ people sign up for it, that the tournament then expands to 128 seats. Obviously this wouldn't be ideal for someone who only had time for a 64 man tournament, but I'm just throwing out ideas as this is how it currently works on Showdown (granted, they only usually get 16-32 people signing up, but it still works quite well).

I really wonder why this hasn't been implemented yet - I wonder if it is even hard for the developers to code it that way.

On 3/9/2020 at 1:28 AM, LeZenor said:

You're saying that you are well aware of the different scheduling slots. In that case, it's quite simple; when no one is online like monday or tuesday at 4 AM, you host small tournaments; when there are a lot of people online like the weekend, you host large tournaments.

You're claiming that it is unfair for people that do not have time to to compete in 128 players tournaments because those are too long. That's a bad reason. If some players can't play long tournaments, it is because of their lifestyle; if they can't play, it's their problem, not yours or mine. On the other hand, it is really unfair to host 64 players tournaments when so many players will get denied participation. I also saw you guys multiple times host 128 players tournaments in the middle of the week and most of the time these tournaments do not get filled... but apparently you guys are aware of the scheduling slots ...

As a pvp player, I prefer playing long tournaments than having to wait for a that one 64 players tournament among the many that I won't be able to get in based on who clicks faster to sign up.

You also host 128 players tournaments (as you say) for unshiny comps. If those tournaments are so long and difficult, why isn't the reward always a shiny? Shiny are way more coveted than regular non shiny comps, so even the rewards do not make sense.

Last thing, the PokeMMO community has increased significantly; we are far away from the community we had 1 or 2 years ago. You guys know that but choose to not change anything. Something must be done. Otherwise, hosting small tournaments like you do when there are tons of players online, it will punish the pvp players that simply wish to play.

On 3/9/2020 at 12:28 AM, LeZenor said:

If you expect proper criticism, try and change the way things are and the relationship between staff and the community. Just look at the opinion any veteran player has above you guys, maybe there's a reason for that, although lets admit, we both know you're not fully at fault, since its the head boss water starter that dictates what you guys can do most of the time.

Either way, if I may ask, probably not the roght place to ask but I'll ask anyway, have you guys ever considered the current state of tournaments and pvp in general? Why are the lower tiers so dead and nothing is done about it? Its been like this for years. I do know its not your fault, but you're one of those that should make the connection between us players and the upper staff I guess.

Another thing, @LeZenor - you also have to consider big tournaments as a good way for less experienced competitive players to learn by watching the experienced and prominent players. If there are more seats in a tournament, that gives those players (like myself) a bigger chance to observe and learn some new tricks, which possibly can help us getting better and possibly increase the competitive scene in the future. 

256 seats is too much for a prize with 4x25 2x31 ivs. With a direct increase to the player seats on most tours, a direct increase to the prize's IV's should happen as well, considering the general thought was that they weren't even enough for 128s and 64s lol. I don't think it's unreasonable to request this

Edited by Lvkee

I notice there will be a 256 people tournament soon tm. However, when we speak about 7 rounded tournaments, and now even 8, the amount of time needed to reach final rounds is way too high, and I am pretty sure some players won´t be able to play the whole thing through, even if they keep on winning. Therefore  I suggest splitting brackets of those 128/256 players tournaments into 2 smaller tournaments. 

To make it more fair, we could split the prizes accordingly.  (Just an example)

Example: Shiny reuniclus tournament

Split it into 2x 128 player tournaments, or even 4x 64, but let´s not complicate things right now. Winner of both brackets challenge each other for the shiny reward, and loser will get  a non-shiny reward of the same pokémon.

Now, for those who may argue that splitting tournaments will just differ from the original thing by 1 round, this is quite not true. With a single huge bracket, the chance of having at least one duel dragging the whole thing for much more than it should quickly increases by a lot, and these tournaments can effectively take almost a third of a day.

Also, the longer the tournaments, the less competitive they will become. Plenty of times I watch such monstruosities of plays in later rounds, that I believe would probably not happen if the person behind such a team wasn´t that tired. (Yeh, playing pokemon matches for 4 hours straight gets tiring)

This way, people will less available time or the will to play can still reach later rounds, and get some sort of less useful trophy, for reaching there. 

Discuss please.

There's no quiet hours in PokeMMO anymore. There's no reason to host under 64 man tournaments in PokeMMO tournament system, it's only about the fastest internet whether you get in or not with 32 players or less. So please make every official tournament 64 players from now on, even if they are CCs. It's slightly frustrating to miss your week's only chance to play a tournament from some tier because your internet wasn't fast enough.

The only exception are LCs and gimmick tournaments but even those will get 33+ players at any time of the day so not like those are getting cancelled for lack of participants.

For now 256-man tournaments are only during weekends and we aim mostly for OU tournaments since it's the most popular tier. Doubling the amount of seats from 128 to 256 only adds an extra round and at worst it makes it an hour longer because of the 1-hour max time.

Making 2 tournaments with 128 seats doesn't seem like a good idea. There would be an 8th round in any case if we want both finalists to fight and it would be more complicated and would probably require more time to set it up in the end. If we go for 2 different tournaments where the winners never meet for a final round then we would be doublling the prizes given out for something that would require less effort and would be less challenging.

As for official tournaments, we shouldn't be going below 64-man tournament for now (CCs not included but they should be increasing in sizes anyway).

There is still the signup fee option that hasn't been considered yet. It would work as a way to segregate players and perhaps it could reduce the amount of signups significantly. Feel free to share your opinion, we're still open to any suggestion.