Baton Pass

Hi,

I was told that Focus Energy was passable by Baton Pass in PvP, but I was disappointed to see that my Umbreon (that I just bought for 800k for that purpose...) could not pass Focus Energy to my Sniper Kingdra. 

Is this intended or a bug?

Any update? No one seems to be aware. Any mods can clarify?

Thank you :)

crBox ~

4 hours ago, crbox said:

Hi,

I was told that Focus Energy was passable by Baton Pass in PvP, but I was disappointed to see that my Umbreon (that I just bought for 800k for that purpose...) could not pass Focus Energy to my Sniper Kingdra. 

Is this intended or a bug?

Any update? No one seems to be aware. Any mods can clarify?

Thank you :)

crBox ~

Hello! 
by all means I’m not a expert on this topic, 

but from my understanding baton pass got “nerfed” as they would say. 

- Don't count my word on this, but pretty sure baton pass doesn’t work for pvp. 

I did some reading and apparently they nerfed the crit ratio. So perhaps it's not Baton Pass but just crit itself? Anyways my Kingdra just did two hits in a row without critting, after getting baton passed Focus Enerby... But some games it will crit 5x in a row. Both time after being Baton Passed. It seems like it doesn't always work. 

Any mod will take a look.?

20 minutes ago, crbox said:

I did some reading and apparently they nerfed the crit ratio. So perhaps it's not Baton Pass but just crit itself? Anyways my Kingdra just did two hits in a row without critting, after getting baton passed Focus Enerby... But some games it will crit 5x in a row. Both time after being Baton Passed. It seems like it doesn't always work. 

Probably better to ask someone like @Umbramol

as he has a better insight of these things. ^^

1 hour ago, crbox said:

If you're holding a Scope Lens after a Focus Energy you should be critting every time. Chances are Baton Pass isn't passing it.

3 hours ago, suigin said:

If you're holding a Scope Lens after a Focus Energy you should be critting every time. Chances are Baton Pass isn't passing it.

I know I don´t play this game, so I can´t tell I have faced this exact strategy and it works. 

So @crbox either a) You are not holding a crit-boosting item, or b) Latest update messed it up.

2 minutes ago, Spaintakula said:

I'm also not an expert, but why the fuck would you use focus energy umbreon in pvp?

Because Baton Pass is now unbanned but suffered a big nerf to it. However it still serves some purpose such as this:

13 hours ago, crbox said:

pass Focus Energy to my Sniper Kingdra. 

8 hours ago, crbox said:

Anyways my Kingdra just did two hits in a row without critting, after getting baton passed Focus Enerby... But some games it will crit 5x in a row. Both time after being Baton Passed. It seems like it doesn't always work. 

Your Kingdra is probably not holding Scope Lens.

I think it would be nice to have a list of the things that Baton Pass can still do. For starters, I hope it doesn't work with Mean Look/Block (which was a Gen5 change). People are saying it works with crit rate, personally I haven't tested it so I'm just going off by what other people say. Might have been an oversight but who knows, maybe their intention was to just get rid of Attack/Defense/Special Attack/Special Defense/Speed changes.

On 4/4/2020 at 9:20 AM, TohnR said:

From what the patch said baton pass shouldn't be passing any stat changes. If this works, LF fix. Or is critrate not considered a stat change ? 

After talking about it, critical hit ratio is not a stat change so would not fall into the not passing of stat stages.  So it passing is fine.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.