sword thread

was talking to the amazing @RysPicz and he was all "you collect swords?" and so i was going to pm him all the pics then thought, wait what if others of my kind are here?  so here ya go post your pics and talk swords /thread

EVX34Ed.jpg

XapWuWJ.jpg

ZL3IoTU.jpg

i need to make more sword racks, thoughts on H vs V rack? and yea need to do a bit of cleaning on several of these. most notably the dark tulwar, and some of the jiles. 

Edited by fredrichnietze
4 hours ago, SirDusty said:

Is there a reason for displaying them on the wood like that? like if I walked into a 1500's armory would the swords  be presented like that?

yes it's cheap fairly durable long term and metal on metal can have bad reactions and scratch things. thats why you cant mix metals in watercooling. the water and electricity speed up the process, but with antique swords a process that could take decades is still a problem, because you want it to last forever. all the metal here is rubber coated except the steel bolts and they are not a concern. 

Edited by fredrichnietze
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

got a new napoleonic Calvary saber and a kukri. thinking blucher m1811 blade on an austrian m1837 mostly because its so far outside of a regulation blucher hilt, but the blade weighs a ton. thick as a pinky finger at the spine. kukris a full tang late 1800's- early 1900's british influenced design, but not military/special forces. the special forces dropped the cho to lighten it.

anyone else getting a new pointy boi for christmas this year? 

copFxfy.jpg

Edited by fredrichnietze
  • 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, RealLifeAngel said:

boi, i do not even know where to begin, but i hope everything is well with yew. 

I do, throwing knives are a lot of fun - totally should get some ;o

start from the beginning and im doing ok and got any suggestions? i used to make kunai back in the day, but out of wood and eye bolts not steel or iron. 

• 1 month later...