Hidden Abilities for Shinies

9 hours ago, Kupokun said:

I do have to ask, 

why would they implement a HA pill? 

The shiny rate is a lot higher than the normal games, and I doubt anyone would hunt for a shiny WITH a HA unless they have a lot of time to spare. The shiny pill will probably be high in demand as well, so it's a win for both sides.

1 minute ago, RenDude said:

The shiny rate is a lot higher than the normal games, and I doubt anyone would hunt for a shiny WITH a HA unless they have a lot of time to spare. The shiny pill will probably be high in demand as well, so it's a win for both sides.

Why not just keep the ability pill and gamble/choose if multiple choices. 

52 minutes ago, RenDude said:

How do you think they'll be implemented? I know there probably won't be HA pills for normal mons but I think pills are justified for shinies due the fair btw shiny rate.

From the sound of previous discussions on this topic. The legendary dungeons they are wanting to implement would essentially fill the role of the Dream World. From my understanding, anything caught in the Dream World had its hidden ability if one was available. Whether or not such functionality would be carried over or if it would be a random chance remains unknown.

However, it would stand to reason from this that shinies wouldn't get any sort of special treatment for HA's with respect to implementation. Perhaps, as they have done with IVs, they could guarantee shinies of species with a HA available would always have it if captured in the dungeon, but HA Pills have been absolutely rejected.

9 hours ago, Kupokun said:

Why not just keep the ability pill and gamble/choose if multiple choices. 

9 hours ago, XelaKebert said:

From the sound of previous discussions on this topic. The legendary dungeons they are wanting to implement would essentially fill the role of the Dream World. From my understanding, anything caught in the Dream World had its hidden ability if one was available. Whether or not such functionality would be carried over or if it would be a random chance remains unknown.

However, it would stand to reason from this that shinies wouldn't get any sort of special treatment for HA's with respect to implementation. Perhaps, as they have done with IVs, they could guarantee shinies of species with a HA available would always have it if captured in the dungeon, but HA Pills have been absolutely rejected.

Well @Kupokun using normal ability pulls for a chance of HA for a shiny sounds good but highly unlikely so I just went with a more plausible albeit expensive alternative that may have been accepted. Apparently though it was discussed already and have been rejected though I'll probably need a link to one of these posts or a GM to make sure of the statement. Honestly a 100% HA shiny mon in dungeons sounds good enough for me.