RENT POKEMON FROM GTL

PokeManiacMoe

Question

It's Not such a bad opinion But as Kupokun said, Problem will come while returning the poke. Suppose You took a magikarp For 2 hrs as rent, then you released the pokemon. 

Now here problem comes.

But Still a this opinion will be very helpful for newbie trainer.

Edited by FighterChamp

This is Pokémon world equivalent of sending this letter to government;
"I think it would be good if people could pay a small fee to get past some exams because they lack knowledge in that field."

If your Pokémon is weak or lower leveled, you are not supposed to get past that Gym to begin with. If you do, you will be even more underleveled for the next content. Gyms serve as a checkpoint to lesser experienced trainers. Their primary purpose is to point out when the training is lacking and make it obvious for the trainer if his team has a serious flaw against a type.

I'm against the idea of a feature that prevents healthy progression of a trainer.

1 hour ago, PrincessDia said:

This is Pokémon world equivalent of sending this letter to government;
"I think it would be good if people could pay a small fee to get past some exams because they lack knowledge in that field."

If your Pokémon is weak or lower leveled, you are not supposed to get past that Gym to begin with. If you do, you will be even more underleveled for the next content. Gyms serve as a checkpoint to lesser experienced trainers. Their primary purpose is to point out when the training is lacking and make it obvious for the trainer if his team has a serious flaw against a type.

I'm against the idea of a feature that prevents healthy progression of a trainer.

Haha. That is a joke. As soon as I finished Unova I headed over to Kanto. I did not train a single pokemon. Bought everything off of GTL now I'm battling the E4 and it's only a matter of time before I complete the region. The very existence of GTL contributes to the unhealthy progression of a trainer. This is what you can expect in a MMO. 

44 minutes ago, EricRasp said:

Haha. That is a joke. As soon as I finished Unova I headed over to Kanto. I did not train a single pokemon. Bought everything off of GTL now I'm battling the E4 and it's only a matter of time before I complete the region. The very existence of GTL contributes to the unhealthy progression of a trainer. This is what you can expect in a MMO. 

That was not my exact point. Pokémon you buy off GTL continues to be part of your roster, Pokémon you have bought could contribute to your overall power or fix flaws in your team. But Pokémon rental would provide a temporary solution to symptoms instead underlying causes for a trainer struggling with a gym.

It's simply an idea to help lazy Trainers who don't want to level up their current mons to beat the Gym/ or have enough money to buy some mons from GTL for gym clearing.

Do this and I'm 100% fine with that idea: rental pokemons can't receive exp. from battle (just like holding an Amnesia Brace), can't be traded/ released/ bred and all have a "timer" countdown to auto-return to their owner after 1 hour of receiving (by mail, of course)

Edited by shiningluck
1 hour ago, shiningluck said:

It's simply an idea to help lazy Trainers who don't want to level up their current mons to beat the Gym/ or have enough money to buy some mons from GTL for gym clearing.

This also means
"It's simply an idea to punish people who dedicate time and effort in leveling up their current mons to beat the Gym/ go back to farm trainer rebattles to buy some mons from GTL to fix their team."

"Helping lazy people" what made a lot of major AAA MMO games lose their core players because, those who care about the game and invest time & effort in it were extremely disappointed. If you want to achieve something you gotta put effort in it. Imagine butterfly effect this can cause to the game, people would just run 1 meowth to payday the content and beat gyms/major battles with rental pokemon. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the game?

2 hours ago, PrincessDia said:

This also means
"It's simply an idea to punish people who dedicate time and effort in leveling up their current mons to beat the Gym/ go back to farm trainer rebattles to buy some mons from GTL to fix their team."

"Helping lazy people" what made a lot of major AAA MMO games lose their core players because, those who care about the game and invest time & effort in it were extremely disappointed. If you want to achieve something you gotta put effort in it. Imagine butterfly effect this can cause to the game, people would just run 1 meowth to payday the content and beat gyms/major battles with rental pokemon. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the game?

You can't force people to do thing like you do, it's personal choice, you are diligent and got time? Feel free to grind forever. No one ever stops you from that, but don't ever force people do the same just because it seems right to you, that's dictatorship. 

Being "lazy" has nothing to do with "play it smart", just because you spent more time grinding will never prove you've chosen smart decision, after all, the creativity of people mind cannot be estimated by your own experience. Your so called "effort", is grinding, and mine, is "think and do thing differently", when there are demands, there come supplies, that's market, learn it.

If they can beat the game with just one Meowth, that's way so smart and worth praising for their excellent skills, being salty over that won't get you anywhere anw

18 minutes ago, shiningluck said:

You can't force people to do thing like you do, it's personal choice, you are diligent and got time? Feel free to grind forever. No one ever stops you from that, but don't ever force people do the same just because it seems right to you, that's dictatorship. 

Being "lazy" has nothing to do with "play it smart", just because you spent more time grinding will never prove you've chosen smart decision, after all, the creativity of people mind cannot be estimated by your own experience. Your so called "effort", is grinding, and mine, is "think and do thing differently", when there are demands, there come supplies, that's market, learn it.

But the whole concept of rental pokémon is literally "Pay to win", is isn't smart at all imo. Grinding is the way PokéMMO was meant to be played, even in the vanilla games you're constantly grinding for everything (like in HGSS), except in Sword and Shield, those games are too easy. 

So my answer is No: We already can buy Pokémon from the GTL, and use them in the adventure. If you don't want to buy anything, just join a team and ask someone to lend you some Pokes.

3 minutes ago, Ultrajesus said:

Grinding is the way PokéMMO was meant to be played

Not really. Grinding is the way the original games are meant to be played. This is a MMO. And this is not pay-to-win at all. Most pokemon you buy from GTL has been grinded, bred or caught to that level by another player. You are paying for that persons effort. You can't earn free money in this game. Either have to sell your caught poke on GTL, or berry farm, or payday, and a dozen other options for you to earn money. Everything requires effort. 

The only pay-to-win part of this game is shiny hunting. And that is for the dedicated and hardcore players who have invested tons of hours into this game. 

Just because a game has constant grinding doesn't make it better than others games. At the end of the day, games are meant to be a fun and enjoyable experience. Grinding might be appealing to some people, but the other side of that spectrum is just as, if not even more widely accepted. 

Gyms are redundant in this game. Its just a small goal. The real charm of this game is trying to make money, hunt for shinys, participate in tourneys, have some good fun with your team and just do what you want. 

20 hours ago, shiningluck said:

Do this and I'm 100% fine with that idea: rental pokemons can't receive exp. from battle (just like holding an Amnesia Brace), can't be traded/ released/ bred and all have a "timer" countdown to auto-return to their owner after 1 hour of receiving (by mail, of course)

Tbh if this was ever to be implemented expect a all completed badges in the region to use, and it would strickly be a pvp thing lol.

Either way I dont see this ever being a thing, simply not viable in any way. 

1 hour ago, razimove said:

Tbh if this was ever to be implemented expect a all completed badges in the region to use, and it would strickly be a pvp thing lol.

Either way I dont see this ever being a thing, simply not viable in any way. 

It has to rely on the GTL system, so players at least still have to get 4 badges to be accessible to the Rental system. 

This is how it's done: I post a list of pokemons (all reached needed level cap) on GTL as Rental mons, with rental price listed.

All Rental mons receive Rental Status (just like Donator Status), which are: Exps unobtainable; Can't be Traded/ Released/ Bred; Auto-Return timer in 1 hour countdown

Player who has 4 Badges open GTL and rent the mons they want (just like clicking "buy", money decreased and mons obtained). In 1 hour, those mons will auto-return (disappear) to their owner via mail.

This benefits both the Renter & Rentee, one kind of passive income for Renter besides berries farming

1 minute ago, shiningluck said:

Auto-Return timer in 1 hour countdown

Also include multiple windows like 1hr, 2hr, 3hr and so on. As the time increases the money increases. The windows and the money can be decided upon by the person who wants to put their poke up for rent. 

If you want to "play"(?) an easier version of the game, download an emulator and use cheatcodes, coz I have no intention to play a game ultra-easy mode and it would not be fair if other people could. (If your problem is that you don't wanna lose, that's YOUR problem, face it and try to be a better trainer i.o. to win)

I don't know why you guys are trying everything to make a game we love for what it is and how it works a living trash. If you don't care about catch, train and fight with your own pokemon, go play something else instead.

Just another point: how you think to limit the usage of rented pokemons in tournaments and pvp? Because as before I have no intention to play an online experience where your opponent could have rented, maxed pokemons.

It's just not fair and lazy.

18 hours ago, shiningluck said:

That's just your opinion.

Those games are MEANT to be played this way, you are the one trying to subvert the natural order of things and don't even try to say someone is a fascist only beacause you want to do whatever you want, go develop your own game if you want your own rules.

Edited by lallo17
2 minutes ago, lallo17 said:

If you want to "play"(?) an easier version of the game, download an emulator and use cheatcodes, coz I have no intention to play a game ultra-easy mode and it would not be fair if other people could. (If your problem is that you don't wanna lose, that's YOUR problem, face it and try to be a better trainer i.o. to win)

I don't know why you guys are trying everything to make a game we love for what it is and how it works a living trash. If you don't care about catch, train and fight with your own pokemon, go play something else instead.

Just another point: how you think to limit the usage of rented pokemons in tournaments and pvp? Because as before I have no intention to play an online experience where your opponent could have rented, maxed pokemons.

Simple. Rented pokemon cannot participate in Tourneys/Pvp. Rented pokemon is solely for everything else other than tourneys, pvp, and breeding.

How would adding this make the game trash? All the OP is proposing is to add another feature that can generate some passive income. The fact that you are comparing this to cheating makes you the same person as Ultrajesus above us. You seem to forget that this is a MMO. Read it again. MMO! Drill it into your brain. And the next time you counter an argument, keep in mind that this game is a MMO.

2 minutes ago, EricRasp said:

The fact that you are comparing this to cheating makes you the same person as Ultrajesus above us

So basically a better and smarter person than you, thanx ^^

3 minutes ago, EricRasp said:

You seem to forget that this is a MMO. Read it again. MMO! Drill it into your brain. And the next time you counter an argument, keep in mind that this game is a MMO.

I perfectly know this is an MMO, newbie (even if it lacks of the most important feature of an MMO, interactionality).

An MMO doesn't mean that you are allowed to do whatever you want or trick the game just because you are lazy. The meaning of MMO is all another story (go study it).

Furthermore it seems to me that in no MMO you can rent your object/equipment/mounts or whatever so I still don't justify you.

Just another reminder, this game is HEAVILY based on the original ones so it doesn't work like other MMOs; if you modify the very central point of the originals, what's the point of playing Pokemon and not another game?

Anyway the devs will decide if this abomination is against the spirit of the game or not.

22 minutes ago, lallo17 said:

If you want to "play"(?) an easier version of the game, download an emulator and use cheatcodes

Come on, rent a mon, or a team, won't help you at all if you don't have the needed skill first, you can always rent the team of a champion, but sorry, it's the champion own strategies that allowed him to win, being a copy cat just won't help.

--> So you're wrong, this only help people rush their story, but the real challenge - begin after that, which this can't help at all, so yes, it's "pay", but not "to win", actually to "not drag things on unnecessarily"

Want an example? Look for "rental team pokemon Sword/ Shield"

1 minute ago, lallo17 said:

So basically a better and smarter person than you, thanx ^^

Did you come here to argue your point or just insult other people? Grow up. 

2 minutes ago, lallo17 said:

Anyway the devs will decide if this abomination is against the spirit of the game or not

Exactly. So, state your argument as to why you think this is a bad idea and leave it up to the devs to decide. Me and shiningluck over here are not trying to convert people, neither should you. Let's behave like the adults we are instead of throwing petty insults at each other. 

18 hours ago, shiningluck said:

It has to rely on the GTL system, so players at least still have to get 4 badges to be accessible to the Rental system. 

This is how it's done: I post a list of pokemons (all reached needed level cap) on GTL as Rental mons, with rental price listed.

All Rental mons receive Rental Status (just like Donator Status), which are: Exps unobtainable; Can't be Traded/ Released/ Bred; Auto-Return timer in 1 hour countdown

Player who has 4 Badges open GTL and rent the mons they want (just like clicking "buy", money decreased and mons obtained). In 1 hour, those mons will auto-return (disappear) to their owner via mail.

This benefits both the Renter & Rentee, one kind of passive income for Renter besides berries farming

You're assuming things to your own benefit, including the 4 badge system, which is wrong to assume.

And this doenst really benefit anyone but tournament players who want xyz to counter team and dont have the set they want in the box. Storyline is already ridiculously easy to the point I could probably teach my dog how to beat it.

35 minutes ago, razimove said:

You're assuming things to your own benefit, including the 4 badge system, which is wrong to assume.

And this doenst really benefit anyone but tournament players who want xyz to counter team and dont have the set they want in the box. Storyline is already ridiculously easy to the point I could probably teach my dog how to beat it.

Try to think thoroughly before typing those funny things to me, how are you going to rent if not open the GTL page? And what exactly the current requirement for that accessibility? If you don't even know, go somewhere else and stop wasting my time.

You don't even know how great the demands of new players asking for this in trade chat everyday, just because you don't know anything about their language, clear? 

For tournament, keh, do they even need that for the fact that they got their own like full boxes of comps already, that's your own silly thought only. 

The difficulty? Again, that's only true to your own, not for the news, because if they feel the same, they don't have to ask for this in the first place. This demands invites supplies, simply that.