Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Dev

[quote name='fabel' timestamp='1366299225' post='293835']
but what about steel in gen 2, it didnt counter and OP psychics, then again steel isnt exactly awesome either imo
[/quote]

Steel resists psychic attacks, and also dragon. It is the only type that does so, thus preventing a possible unbalance due to dragon type attacks introduced in gen2.

[quote name='MajikDan' timestamp='1366301496' post='293898']
I like Newtwo. Also, I'm pretty sure Sylveon is normal type. It has no wings, it doesn't have even remote characteristics of bugs/dragons/birds/steel stuff. The border around it in that video just reminds me of Skitty.
[/quote] There was some speculation of a new type being sound, I have not heard any further updates on that.

I like Newtwo. Also, I'm pretty sure Sylveon is normal type. It has no wings, it doesn't have even remote characteristics of bugs/dragons/birds/steel stuff. The border around it in that video just reminds me of Skitty.
[/quote]

What about Dodrio, Gyarados, Tropius, Mantine and Jumpluff though?

[/quote]

I have said this before, I would like some input on my theory
Sylveon= Sylph
Ninfia=Nymph

Both are creatures of nature that usually are flying
But here is the secription of a Sylph

Sylphs are winged air elementals or fairies. They ride the wind, flying high with eagles, [b]Sylphs are female [/b]and are almost transparent. [b]They're slender and graceful, with large glistening eyes[/b] and huge wings. Sylphs befriend and protect other flying creatures, such as birds, moths and butterflies. Sylphs can move as fast as lightning, [b]but they may also drift along on draughts or puffs of wind.[/b]

Now I believe to have a Sylveon it will need to be a female Eevee considering Meowth seemed to be in love with it. Also Slender, it moves gracefully in the trailer and it's eyes. And if it IS a flying type it will most likely use it's ribbons to drift along puffs of wind like a kite because it is so light.

[quote name='Cifer44' timestamp='1366309731' post='294121']
Now I believe to have a Sylveon it will need to be a female Eevee...if not I hope there is a male alteration considering Meowth seemed to be in love with it...poor thing. Also Slender, it moves gracefully in the trailer and it's eyes. And if it IS a flying type it will most likely use it's ribbons to drift along puffs of wind like a kite because it is so light.
[/quote]

Hope so atleast, I just wouldn't be able to have a male Sylveon. It just wouldn't feel right, and it would most likely annoy me for the rest of the game if I had one.

Male gardevoir is a thing, so is male lopunny.

[quote name='Heavenol' timestamp='1366310320' post='294141']
Hope so atleast, I just wouldn't be able to have a male Sylveon. It just wouldn't feel right, and it would most likely annoy me for the rest of the game if I had one.
[/quote]

[quote name='Heavenol' timestamp='1366309691' post='294118']
[/quote]

GYARADOS ISN'T A DRAGON TYPE.

Normal Eeveelution seems kinda pointless seeing as Eevee itself is a Normal type...
I guess just to counter it trying to evolve into Umbreon/Espeon after a while would be worthwhile.

[quote name='Heavenol' timestamp='1366309691' post='294118']
[/quote] Dodrio looks like a 3 headed bird. Tropius has leaf wings. Mantine has big ol' manta ray wing things. Jumpluff flies the same way dandelion seeds do.

Gyarados is just an anomoly.
[quote name='Cifer44' timestamp='1366309731' post='294121']
I have said this before, I would like some input on my theory
Sylveon= Sylph
Ninfia=Nymph

Both are creatures of nature that usually are flying
But here is the secription of a Sylph

Sylphs are winged air elementals or fairies. They ride the wind, flying high with eagles, [b]Sylphs are female [/b]and are almost transparent. [b]They're slender and graceful, with large glistening eyes[/b] and huge wings. Sylphs befriend and protect other flying creatures, such as birds, moths and butterflies. Sylphs can move as fast as lightning, [b]but they may also drift along on draughts or puffs of wind.[/b]

Now I believe to have a Sylveon it will need to be a female Eevee considering Meowth seemed to be in love with it. Also Slender, it moves gracefully in the trailer and it's eyes. And if it IS a flying type it will most likely use it's ribbons to drift along puffs of wind like a kite because it is so light.
[/quote] This is a more convincing argument. Sylveon, sylph, yeah. I get it. I still don't see how that thing could fly though, even with the "puffs of wind" thing. Those ribbons are hardly sails.

Though we are talking about a world where a 3-headed no-winged bird can fly around, so honestly you and I are both just taking a stab in the dark.

I'm still convinced it's normal type.

Sylv = Silk?

That and the "cacoon" in the video what's-his-face posted points me in the direction of Bug. I find it stupid that people assume Flying just because of what appear to be ribbons and a reminisce of Skyla's hair. I mean really now
[spoiler]Either that, or I'm just stupid as always. Take your pick[/spoiler]

[quote name='iSmashbro' timestamp='1366315236' post='294268']
Sylv = Silk?

That and the "cacoon" in the video what's-his-face posted points me in the direction of Bug. I find it stupid that people assume Flying just because of what appear to be ribbons and a reminisce of Skyla's hair. I mean really now
[/quote]

I'll take my pick in assuming it's as valid speculation as any other, and you're right in calling out other's asupmtions to not be mistaken as fact.
Hell, it could even turn out to be fighting, or something weirder.

[quote name='MajikDan' timestamp='1366314735' post='294248']
I'm still convinced it's normal type.
[/quote]

If there were a Normal type Eeveelution, I would imagine it would still resemble the base Eevee, since Eevee itself is a Normal type.

[img]http://gyazo.com/45642e5ab71763bc6b4ab8480ef45f86.png?1366316210[/img]

I could be wrong, but that just makes the most sense to me.
Eevee kinda seems like a baby pokemon, and it's evolutions are it growing up in a different way.

So if you were to have a Normalution, it would just look like a regular Eevee grown up.

[quote name='iSmashbro' timestamp='1366315236' post='294268']
Sylv = Silk?

[/quote]
Possible...but more likely Sylv=Sylph
I think this because it's japanese name Ninfia reminded me of Nymph

[quote name='MajikDan' timestamp='1366314735' post='294248']
I still don't see how that thing could fly though, even with the "puffs of wind" thing. Those ribbons are hardly sails.
[/quote]
Doduo can learn fly. How does it fly?

[spoiler][img]http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7691/tumblrlhes0cskzy1qdqu2q.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

and Dodrio

[spoiler][img]http://www.player-two.com/img/comic/13.gif[/img][/spoiler]

[quote name='CipherWeston' timestamp='1366319274' post='294448']
Doduo can learn fly. How does it fly?

[spoiler][img]http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7691/tumblrlhes0cskzy1qdqu2q.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

and Dodrio

[spoiler][img]http://www.player-two.com/img/comic/13.gif[/img][/spoiler]
[/quote]

How it learns fly is a good question. But it is considered as a bird

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.