Shauntal's Literature Challenge (17th April)

JmkUxZp.jpg

gEW1q8o.png

gGT0cg0.png

Msi8ZHT.gif

Theme: The bond between you and your Pokemon.

Guidelines:

• The literary genre is your choice. You can write a fun, exciting or sad story, but it needs to be about you with your Pokemon.
  • Your story must be complete. You can tell about how you met your Pokemon, a battle, anything focusing on your bounds with them, but the story needs to start and end in your post.
  • It must take place on PokeMMO. You can write as you were the trainer in the game or in front of your PC, referencing to mechanics, teams and friends.

Rules:

• Your story must contain 250 to 1500 words.
  • You story must be written in english. You're allowed to use Google Translate for it.
  • Only one entry per forum account is allowed, but you can edit your post until the time for submission is over.
  • Submissions must be posted during the timeframe of the event, not before or after.
  • Entries must respect PokeMMO's rules.
  • You can post arts to illustrate your story, however it won't be judged.
  • Your content must be original. Plagiarism won't be accepted.

Submissions will be accepted until 17th April at 11:59pm UTC.

415b0738a4a61f6ab6a9b6eed1ba3ff5.pngWinner's Prize

tJF0qtR.gif

Shiny GIFT VkXBiVE.png

Lvl. 100

Your choice of nature, 2 moves with IVs 2x31 & 4x25

&

1,250 Reward Points

9efde86b8ecb1270d3da7f78dc656657.png Runner Up Prize

750 Reward Points

Judges: Teddi, MPDH, Bearminator, Lin

2 minutes ago, Johnwaynee said:

Wish there wouldnt be a language barrier. :(

I understand the feeling. If you'd like to write your story, you can use Google Translate. What I do when I need to use it, to make sure I'm not writing anything that was translated weirdly, is (using PT to CN as example):

PT > CN then switch CN > PT. That way is easier to see which part is being translated wrong. Editing a few words might fix the meaning of the phrase.

I hope this helps you to participate, I'd love to read your story too. :)

Togetic The LumberJack 

Yesterday I was walking in the woods with my faithful togetic.  The day was cloudy, the air breezes swept our faces with soft caresses.  We entered the forest, but the night came, I was scared because it was a long way to go to camping.  So we decided to set up the tent right there.  When I opened my backpack I had lost my stakes and axe :(, it was already impossible to assemble the tent without those items, so we tried to call my brother to find us and there was no signal ... with my flashlight I illuminated an area of the  floor and we sat down to eat cereal bars, togetic disliked him so I gave him normal food.  20 minutes later we heard noises coming from the heart of the forest, Scared we were on guard in case it was a strong pokémon, And an ursaring appeared We tried to flee and we could not, so we had to fight, Minutes later, after many metronome and roosts, me and my togetic beat that bear, after that fight my togetic learned aerial ace, with that we were able to cut a fallen log for the tent, so we got stakes and the campfire :D, We set up the tent and slept until  Dawn to finally reach Pewter City.  Weeks have passed since that event, Togetic evolved into Togekiss with a Shiny stone and together we won the pokémon league, Soon we will go on a foray into the Unova region.

Spoiler

Hi, im not really good on literature haha i just improvised

My IGN is MissLeah

253 words without the title "Togetic The LumberJack" :D

Hope u like it.

2 minutes ago, MoLeumas said:

The second chance - Mosamuel

On September 21 when I started my adventure to the pokemon world I could only think about what was coming for me and the fighting friend that I wanted to have as a pokemon, when those waves of thoughts came I only imagined myself and Tyranitar was everything as I wanted Being a powerful and respected pokemon that does not depend on others, proud of its strength and brave when fighting, but as time passed of my adventure, at last my tyranitar I found a faithful and not so remarkably strong koffing accompanied me on my adventure always As the last one I had in mind as a partner, the moment that marked a before and after was the day that ended my days as a trainer on February 17, 2025, when I was in a cave where an endless number of pokemon abounded and by My selfishness I did not realize that at that moment my life was not only what was in danger but that of my colleagues, I found the band without morals and ethics, the rocket because they followed me and my yam i tyranitar fought with 3 of them my pokemon were totally out of combat and when i tried to escape i found the tunnel with exit it was just me tyranitar and koffing when thinking that i would finally get out 2 men from the team rocket kept me ready to hurt me and abandon me there forcibly removing my tyranitar, at that moment I was happy to know that tyranitar would finish them but when he put him into battle he looked at me with cold eyes as if he did not know me he hit me with his tail and knocked me out the next thing I saw is the Joining the team rocket at will and my koffing coming out of its poke ball by itself when they rushed me to take everything I was wearing koffing with a cry of "don't give up" use Explosion was gone .... And the space that I had from me to the rocket had put a great wall of rocks caused by the explosion. When I arrived at a hospital and woke up I realized that I had found the most precious thing I ever wanted and so I had lost it and since then I left my trainer times and now I only take care of abandoned Pokemon in my old home.

414 WORDS - IGN: MoLeumas

"Infernape's Determination!"

A little more. -A little more- I kept saying, waiting for my Infernape to get up. We managed to get to that point, the point where I, Playnerx, could become Sinnoh's Champion, where I could show everyone that I had overcome all my fears. Cynthia's Garchomp, still resistant, kept his eyes on Infernape, who was struggling to stand up, waiting to end that fateful combat.
"Infernape uses Flare Blitz!" I shouted.
 But seeing the situation, I seemed to understand that nothing but the silence that filled the room was happening.
"Come on, Infernape! Get up!" I continued to shout, while my face began to show signs of perplexity. -We have faced many battles, this will not be the last-, I repeated to myself, bringing to my mind the memory of the first time we met, of his willpower and his stubbornness. . .
That was exactly how Chimchar seemed to me that day when, together with my friend Formiichina, we ventured into Eterna Forest. Suddenly, as we went into the woods, we heard a noise coming from the back of a tree, and curiously I tried to get closer. "Don't get too close, you don't even have a pokémon with you!" Formiichina yelled at me. "But you do!" I replied. From the tree, in an instant, a pokémon that looked like a moth, with yellow eyes propped up, and with green wings came out. "Stop!" screamed Formiichina. "It's a dustox!" She concluded. We watched the pokémon go towards us, and in a moment Formiichina freed Piplup on the field, ready for the battle. "Piplup, use Bubble Beam!" Formiichina exclaimed, while watery bubbles came out of Piplup's beak at great speed. 
Dustox dodged the attack, and began to launch a toxic liquid on Piplup, which a few moments later found himself K.O. "Oh no, Piplup!" Formiichina exclaimed, while Dustox approached me threateningly. As soon as he started to repeat the same move on me, a small shape emerged from the bushes, a Chimchar, I tought, recognizing it from the tuft of fur creating the shape of a flame. But how could it be possible to found there, in Eterna Forest, a Chimchar, if Chimchars used to be nearby Valor Lakefront ?. As I asked myself these questions, Dustox stopped, and as soon as he looked away from me, Chimchar rotated in a whirlwind of fire straight to Dustox, knocking him out. "T-Thanks," I said, seeing a serious and determined look on his part. It was in that moment I realized nothing could stop us.
"Infernape! I know you can do it! I've always known!" I yelled, while Garchomp seemed to cheer over the apparent victory. "Let's finish Garchomp! Use Dragon Rush!" said Cynthia. Garchomp wrapped himself in an electric blue light, and prepared to slingshot on my Infernape. "Show me the strength and courage of our first meeting, Infernape!" I shouted puzzled, urging him on. Suddenly, Infernape seemed to get up and release, first quietly and then tangibly, a red fire, which was now taking on the bluish colors, heading furiously towards Garchomp. A moment, just a moment, then there was nothing but the impetus of an explosion that brought me and Cynthia to the ground. I shielded myself from the smoke with my hand, rising impatiently, already convinced that I hoped in vain for my victory. But as soon as the smoke dissolved, I saw him: Infernape, previously aching, was now illuminated by an immense fury, which had put him back on the ground. Garchomp, on the other hand, was completely K.O. 
No sign, nothing at all for a few seconds except the realization that after so many battles an fights, I had won the war. And all thanks to Infernape.

Spoiler

IGN: Playnerx
Title: Infernape's Determination!
Words: 618.

I hope to win, good luck to all!

What is a Skitty?
This baby Pokémon is pure annihilation with a tail and four legs. In addition to the ultimate angel of destruction and death baby, as long as his little mug is not stuck on the carpet. 
The Skitty are one of the deadliest creatures in existence. Skilled in any form of murder and combat, except as snipers ... For obvious reasons ...
How pleasant was the surprise for these carnivores, when when they began to live with the easily manipulated humans, they realized that the creatures with the greatest facility to obtain resources were also the most stupid and quick to offer them. How easy it was to deceive the credulous hairless primates and convince them that instead of heralds of the end times, they really were the most tender, sweet, perfect and of the corresponding love ... awww ... idiots ...
With that unforgettable old pact, the Skitts not only infiltrated and dominated our homes, our hearts, and our wages, they also found a way to culminate their hedonistic tendencies without giving up their murderous instincts. Shelter, pampering, ridiculous nicknames, offerings and bondage in exchange for their usual spilling of blood, being beautiful, solemn and allowing themselves to caress their bellies very occasionally...
So, the next time you look directly at a Skitty, or raise your arm to launch your pokeball, remember that the moment it slides into the sphere, it will be YOU who will have been dominated, and who will inevitably obey all and every one of their whims ...

image.png.bb9e1cd216ad3f8511c597c7e6f6bf95.png

Edited by thewayofthecactus
length issues
On 3/17/2020 at 8:33 PM, thewayofthecactus said:

What is a Skitty?
This baby Pokémon is pure annihilation with a tail and four legs. In addition to the ultimate angel of destruction and death baby, as long as his little mug is not stuck on the carpet. 
The Skitty are one of the deadliest creatures in existence. Skilled in any form of murder and combat, except as snipers ... For obvious reasons ...
How pleasant was the surprise for these carnivores, when when they began to live with the easily manipulated humans, they realized that the creatures with the greatest facility to obtain resources were also the most stupid and quick to offer them. How easy it was to deceive the credulous hairless primates and convince them that instead of heralds of the end times, they really were the most tender, sweet, perfect and of the corresponding love ... awww ... idiots ...
With that unforgettable old pact, the Skitts not only infiltrated and dominated our homes, our hearts, and our wages, they also found a way to culminate their hedonistic tendencies without giving up their murderous instincts. Shelter, pampering, ridiculous nicknames, offerings and bondage in exchange for their usual spilling of blood, being beautiful, solemn and allowing themselves to caress their bellies very occasionally...
So, the next time you look directly at a Skitty, or raise your arm to launch your pokeball, remember that the moment it slides into the sphere, it will be YOU who will have been dominated, and who will inevitably obey all and every one of their whims ...
IGN: EXCALLBUR
Words: 250
Title: What is a Skitty

Edited by thewayofthecactus
Name

The Strong Power of the bonding

"Hi, grandpa! It's story time. Can you tell me the story about the pokemon trainer Daifang again?"

“That one? I’ve told you about it 99 times.”

“Come on! I want to listen it again!”

“Ahh, alright, alright.”

The story began in a rainy evening in Kanto. On the Two Island, Pokemon trainer Daifang was trying to find his spirit pokemon --- Slowpoke. He surfed on the sea, watched carefully to see if a slowpoke would appear. But no, nothing. He waited and waited, the wind began to blow heavier and heavier. It’s too dangerous to stay on the sea, so Daifang decided to go to the pokemon center to take rest. When he reached the shore, he heard a weak sound coming from the bush. He went straight there and saw a slowpoke laying there with blood coming from his tail. Daifang held him up and ran to the pokemon center. Thank to the Nurse Joy, she saved the slowpoke and it wasn’t a normal slowpoke. It’s a shiny! After few days the slowpoke recovered well and Daifang became friend with him. They decided to travel together.

Daifang was a player who really interested in competition. To reach 700 points on the OU ladder was his biggest dream. He trained the shiny slowpoke every day and night. The slowpoke always listened to Daifang and evolved to Slowking. “It’s time for us to challenge the ladder! Slowking! Are you ready?” “Awww——!” A bonding between Daifang and the Slowking has built and it was indestructible!

With experience and confidence, they easily reached 699.75 points! “Only one more wins! Slowking! Let’s go!!” 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, The match begins!!!

After many rounds of battling, Daifang only left with 100 %Slowking but the foe still had 2 pokemons —— 50% Ferronthorn and 87.5% Jolteon.

“Ahh….. You are the last hope! Slowking! Let’s do this!”

The foe’s Jolteon used thunderbolt!

“Let’s show them our bonding, Slowking! Please hold this!”

“AWWWW!!”

Slowking left with 19.2% HP.

“Good job! It’s time! Trick ROOM!!”

Slowking used Trick room!

“Slowking! Use psyshock!”

The Jolteon fall down, Slowking was hurt by the life orb.

The Ferronthorn was switched on.

“OH,no! I am sorry Slowking, I forget Ferrthorn is even slower than you. So he will attack first…”

The foe’s Ferrthorn used power whip!

“Oh,no…. It’s all over… I am so dum!!!!”

The Slowking avoided the attack!! Slowking used Foucs Blast!!! The Ferrthorn fell down!!

Slowking was hurt by the life orb.

Slowking fell down.

Your current ELO is now: 704.85(+5.10)

“OH!!!!! Slowking! You just created a …… Slowking? Are you alright?”

Slowking didn’t answer Daifang. He just lay there like when they first met. Daifang hugged Slowking with two lines of tear run down through his checks. “I’m sorry, Slowking. It’s all my fault….” Suddenly, Daifang raised his head with confidence in his eyes. “Bro, If I can save you once, I can do it again! Slowking, hold on, I will save you I promise!” He used all his power to hold the heavy slowking up and ran as fast as he can to the nearest pokemon center just like he did when they first met!

Serval weeks past and Slowking recovered. As soon as Slowking came back from Pokemon center, he and Daifang hugged together like two old friends didn’t meet for years. Thank to Slowking, thank to the bonding between he and Daifang. Daifang finally achieved his dream!!!

Here is a quote said by Daifang “You don’t know the power of the bonding between trainer and pokemons!” (Quote from Darth Varder, Star War)

“Alright, grandson, the story has ended. It’s time for you to go to bed.”

“Grandpa, one last question. What do you think Daifang is doing now?”

“Emm, probably waiting for his 1st pride of the Shauntal's Literature Challenge!”

Spoiler

Ign: Daifang

Length: 634(Not include the title)

Title: The strong power of the bonding

The story basically upon my own ladder experience and my spirit pokemon Slowking. The word choices may not be spectacular, English is my second language. XDDD Hope you enjoy the story.

Edited by Daifang

the friend and the great rival

Life is not fair and I know both me and my coach, now we know what happened, it did not have to happen, for a moment I thought that I was very lucky. But I was wrong I still remember how it all started. I grew up like any other rattata. At first I was embarrassed because most Pokemon Trainers I was nothing more than a Pokemon which only served to help give experience to their Pokemon with the simple fact of taking me for the sole purpose of take data for their pokedex, and so once they had me they would forget about me and leave me locked up forever in a poke ball until one day you appeared. At that moment I came to think that this would be the worst day of my life I knew that I had no choice but to fight your Squirtle and I did it you defeated me without problems once I was lying on the ground you threw me a poke ball, I tried to resist but you captured me and once I was inside I could not do anything to escape because you took me to a pokemon center and heal me after you took me out and put me to train that I'm glad a lot, because it seemed that he valued me as a pokemon important in your team and that's how it was actually I felt very happy and lucky that finally a trainer values me as an important pokemon and that it could become very powerful as time passed you told me about your rival network and your great goal and beating him from that moment I understood how important that was to you, but time continues to pass and we beat some gyms as well as I met that such network even though we lost some battles we continued training or without you being discouraged and after so much training I managed to evolve in a raticate, as much as you and I were very happy I even came to believe that at the time it would be invincible and that we were close to achieving your goal a while later you managed to get us into A luxurious cruise, but just when everything seemed perfect, your rival appeared again, consequently, they both had a battle, you took me out of the poke ball, I took his chameleon, he looked very strong, but I did not care about what I faced without problems but it was not like that and I was very weakened so you decided to go back to my poke ball and go fast for your things and leave the cruise but before I could leave the cruise I set sail and you had no choice but to jump in order to take me to a pokemon center to heal me during all that journey I felt too weak from that moment I knew I was going to die and that was before I could take me to a pokemon center I died since you couldn't do anything you decided to take me to the lavender town once you went to the tower and there you left me from there I could see your sorrows even now I can see how you keep trying to achieve your goals now for me without letting yourself be discouraged by that network

Spoiler

IGN: Imperiuzx

Title: the friend and the  great rival

Words: 567 

I hope to win, good luck to all!

raticate.jpg

raticate 2.jpg

Ign: mentalsoft

My story in the Pokemon world
  "Mudkip, I have never thought of meeting you in such a scene for ten years. But since it was a bit ridiculous, I still feel that this is a destiny arrangement-even if I have nothing at all I do n’t want to see the fate, but now I have made you the first being I want to cherish in this life. Then, I am glad to be your partner, I am mentalsoft! "

This is the first time I have my own Pokémon. At this moment, I look forward to a full ten years. The initial Pokémon, the dream of the trainer, all supported me to leave the village, this desert. Now everything is ready.

After a final night of rest in the village, I formally embarked on a journey the next morning, intending to cross the desert to the outside world, and then collect badges to challenge the Pokemon Alliance. The journey through the desert was long and arduous, and from time to time I encountered a disgusting Trapinch, but the Mudkip protected me before the danger was lifted. One of the most thrilling moments, the Mudkip and I carefully crossed the territory of a Flygon.

My vision, which was almost dehydrated, began to blur once. At this time, a towering object appeared at the junction of distant heaven and earth. Mirage? I felt relaxed for a while, and being able to see the mirage indicated that I was about to get out of the desert and finally left this ghost place. Although it's true that this thing inspires me, but I still walk slowly and steadily as before, I have to say that I have the thought in my heart that I want to walk more powerfully. I walked to the front and found out that it was not a mirage at all, but a real building. A turquoise, run-down tower that looks very old.

s this the legendary Phantom Tower? I hesitated to go in and see. Just at the moment of hesitation, a huge black shadow shrouded my head. It turned out to be a Flygon. I did not hesitate to escape, but the other person was a Flygon. Follower, I must not be able to beat it in speed. When I was about to be hit by a dragon claw, I threw an elf ball directly into the Flygon. At this distance, the Flygon caught in the ball and caught it, but I did n’t think that the most ordinary elf ball could catch To the Flygon, I continued to escape without hesitation.

And not far before, sure enough, a shattering sound sounded and the Flygon came out! Apparently the Flygon was irritated, and the air flow from the flapping wings rushed towards my back. Looking at the Thirty Steps away from the Phantom Tower, I can immediately get rid of the danger. The elven balls were thrown back one by one by one by one. The elven balls were easily flashed by the Flygon that had eaten once, until all my elves. The balls are all consumed.

No, there is one, the one where my Mudkip live. And remembering its small body resolutely guarding me behind the a group of Trapinch , I vowed not to let it be in danger for the second time.

I will protect it even if I die!

Definitely protect it!

Maybe the moment of disappointment is only because I can feel that the Flygon is not approaching much when I react. Turning around and greeting me was a recovered elven ball, catching it subconsciously, my eyes stared at the Mudkip protecting me behind me.

I found that I didn't have the courage to take it back, but immediately turned around and fled quickly.

Oath, what a luxury I can't afford!

The chaos behind me told me that there must be a fight, but at this time I just wanted to hurry into the tower. finally reached. The portal of the Phantom Tower is not enough to let the huge body of the Desert Dragonfly pass, so I am basically safe. The most important thing is to quickly take back my Mudkip and treat him.

Facing the crisis brought by the Flygon this time, Mudkip is also very eager to help the owner. For it, a Flygon is far from scaring him.

It wasn't until many years later, after experiencing countless battles, that I realized how ridiculous my inner struggle was at this time. This is a different world. The support, trust and help between people and elves are the most important for trainers.

QQ图片20200319121222.gif

Edited by mentalsoft

Just wanted to say thank you Teddi for hosting this, i always loved this kind of events but never had much time for writing because of IRL stuff, now with this unfortunate situations I have much more free time (due to quarantine in my country). I can also see the increase in event numbers, so maybe we can have one more writing event to have something to do with all this free time? :3

Apparently met at offline

"pachima has blacked out!"

Back then, I expected to hear that nostalgic pokécenter song, but all I got instead was a persisting darkness, that somehow would not disappear. I remember opening my eyes, unsure whether they were truly opened or not for darkness was all there was. It was like that for quite long, until my other senses sharpened and my ear caught something, albeit still too dim and too far. Suddenly, I felt the ground under my feet quaking frenzily and I would have fallen had I not hold myself. It was only after it came to a cease that I realized such had happened in the close past.

Indeed, I confirmed after a moment of reflection, that there was a similar earthquake, albeit not as strong, right before I lost my last Pokémon. Either way, I moved forward, realizing then intrigued that I could not move at all. Then I tried to talk.

“Good morning...!”

I jumped back startled upon the sudden sound that resembled that of nurse Joy´s. Fear began growing in me and, quivering, I searched and retrieved an ocarina from my bag, realizing in the process that half of my items were gone missing.

“pachima used Flash ocarina!”

“pachima...” a whisper sounded “There is a time and place...”

I waited, coking my head at the conclusion that would never come. It was odd that such a voice I had listened to so many times wouldn´t complete its sentence, just like Joy never finished hers just a while ago. Here, an heavy slam sounded far away, and I ran south, from where the thud seemed to come from. A few tiles on that direction, I was suddenly stopped, only briefly, while an opening door sounded. I went through it, still within absolute darkness, and when I did, it seemed to trigger the voice once again.

“System announcement – Proceeding with Bugfixes 1342”

There my eyes went wide upon realizing game had shut down for maintenance and somehow, I was stucked in there. Knowing so, I tried to logout...

“There is a time and place for everything, but not now!”

“What in hell” was what I thought, as I, then desperated, tried to get something useful from my bag. Unsuccessful, I used global chat and I tried to unstuck. And I waited, realizing soon enough that it did not work. I ran away, but then I could not even move. So I closed the client, only to stare in awe at the endless horizon as it would not respond.

Hopeless, I went afk in the dark, and I would stay there forever, had the voice not sounded again.

“System announcement – Trial 145 Fire and Ice Dungeon test commence”

“Dungeon?” I thought, remembering the memes that I often encountered in the forums or in global.

But before I could have processed it, there was a dizzy sensation, followed by a warping music. Then, darkness was no more, and I found myself in a familiar place. Ahead, there was a single cave, covered in ice. I was standing in a small square of frozen terrain, and behind me some similar stairs led to another square, albeit smaller. Oddly enough, the whole place was surrounded by magma, and although I could see steam in the air, the icy ground wouldn´t ever melt.

When I faced right, I found a pc, and when I turned left, I saw an elf staring at the lively magma forming boiling bubbles that would then pop in the air. It reminded me of North Pole, and it was obvious they had not even replaced that npc there yet. Either way, I logged into the pc, just to find it empty.

“System announcement – Testing floors”

Simultaneously, an heavy thud crashed nearby, and I noticed the door ahead opened. Having nowhere else to go, I entered it.

“Pachirisu has joined pachima”

There, a waterfall of magma crashed loudly into a pool of steam that would soon fill the whole area with thicky fog. I stood on icy ground, but the surroundings were hot red. Then the door behind me closed, and the music changed. Ahead, I noticed two npcs unmoving as they stood. Next to me, I felt movement, and when I turned, I found a pachirisu following me. I opened its summary, but all I got was nothing.

Sighing, I walked in, avoiding the first npc, and towards the second. There I noticed, with a twisted face, a thin icy tile I had just shattered under my feet. But I proceeded nevertheless.

“Have you seen this maze?” a bubble chat grew above the npc when I talked to it “I heard you can´t do it alone. You need a partner to link with. But be careful, something dangerous lies ahead”

However, ahead only a big boulder stood, two tiles before a solid wall. I tried to push it from behind, but it wouldn´t even budge. Pachirisu then did the same, but it could not learn strength. Unable to move the rock, I went back to the npc.

“Did you try moving that boulder over there? It is no ordinary rock. When I used strength myself, it wouldn´t move!”

So I went back, to talk to the first npc, who was staring at the then shattered icy tile, and who I had ignored at first.

“What should I do? My partner just fell down there, but I´m too scared...”

Nothing else was around, so I decided to fall down there too, stepping over it again... The screen went black, only momentarily, before I found myself in a second maze, bigger than the one before, and filled with frozen tiles that would make me whirlwind around upon stepping on. Goomy scarlet lava dropped here and there, and I noticed the thick fog was no more. Next to me, it stood another npc, looking up.

“What is he waiting for to follow me?” it asked “Don´t tell me... did he get frightened?”

Suddenly, we were ambushed, and the screen faded in and out again. Soon a horde of Delibird was upon us, prompting pachirisu to dash into the battlefield and to discharge the christmas birds one by one, until they lied on the floor unmoving. Further, there was a second horde, and a third one after that, before I reached a dead end. Once there, I realized pachirisu had slowed down, and I waited for him to follow. It was low on health, and I could not find any healing item.

So, there I stayed, staring all around, noting soon after a bright spot glowing on the surface of the wall before me, which I then touched.

“This function is not yet implemented”

“You gotta be kidding me” I burst, realizing I was trapped inside an updating dungeon that wasn´t even fully tested yet.

However, even before I could consider turn around, there was an earthquake. Pachirisu struggled against it, so I picked it up, and it climbed to my shoulder. A crashing sound then came nearby, and the frozen wall collapsed, revealing a secret chamber within.

“Unexpected error. Proceeding with final test”

When I stepped in, a roar filled the whole room. A maze lied ahead, and further in, two stairs lead to a separated square of solid terrain. On one, stood Articuno, and Moltres raised on the other. Closer, I found icy tiles before the stairs, meaning I could only reach one of the birds.

Next to me, pachirisu trudged crestfallen, and for a second, it delivered to me its saddened narrowed eyes. I looked down too, understanding why, but I went for Moltres howsoever, shattering the icy tile behind me in the process. There, facing it, i touched it. An holy roar then reverberated through the room, and the battle began.

“A wild Moltres has appeared”

“pachima sent out pachirisu”

Yet, when the squirrel flashed into existence, it was already exhausted. I looked through my bag, but it was lacking in the healing department. Oddly enough, I was stocked with all sorts of Pokéball, and that was when a dreadful thought crossed my mind. If I attempted to catch Moltres, and if it failed, since I had no Master Ball, I would risk pachirisu´s life if Moltres attacked. Indeed I confirmed soon after, that such was into pachirisu´s mind too when I eyed it. Still, I rummaged within my bag, and after a while, not without doubt in my mind, I threw off a ball.

….

pachima used smoke ball”

“pachima has fled the battle”

I kept pachirisu after that, and now that the client is updated, I don´t regret my choice. Dungeons are yet to come, but when they do, I will be sure to get that Moltres. However, I can guarantee no other pachirisu would share the same faithful encounter like the one I possess.

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did while writing it. 

ign: pachima  

words: 1495

On another note, I deeply thank Teddi, and all the other judges for coming up with such a great writing contest idea in this period of confinement.

Edited by pachima

Alittle late to this competition but i have a question. I know the rules say that "It must take place on PokeMMo" but the story that im writing happens to feature a Sylveon, a Pokemon that has not been introduced in PokeMMo. Is that a small enough thing that it can fit within the guidelines? Or should i just substitute the Pokemon for another that is currently featured in the game?

6 hours ago, TrainerStrife said:

Alittle late to this competition but i have a question. I know the rules say that "It must take place on PokeMMo" but the story that im writing happens to feature a Sylveon, a Pokemon that has not been introduced in PokeMMo. Is that a small enough thing that it can fit within the guidelines? Or should i just substitute the Pokemon for another that is currently featured in the game?

As long as you and Sylveon are in Pokemmo world, I think it is fine. 

7 hours ago, TrainerStrife said:

What pachima says is correct, there is no problem to write about a Sylveon as long as the story happens in PokeMMO. ^^

By the way I'll just use this opportunity to say it's awesome to see all those entries, I'm glad you're all enjoying it! <3

"Eye" want you to read this...

Spoiler

Mt. Chimney. Ugh. It was hot. It was arid. I was sweating from places I didn’t even realize had pores.

Fallarbor Town seems like a pleasant place. Some old man told me about a waterfall made by a meteorite. Might be interesting. I walk into the PokeCenter and rest for a minute. I down a lemonade and talk to Nurse Joy about life, lemons, and meteorites. She didn’t seem very interested, but I haven’t had human interaction that isn’t, “Rawr… go Pikachu go!” in a while… it was just nice to hear her voice even if she was just saying, “uh-huh, welcome to… yup… you’re all healed.”

As I walk out, I hear a faint cry from a distance. My ariados-sense tingles and I go running toward a house in the far distance. Inside I find a young child talking about digging and he gives me a worthless technical machine for you guessed it… dig. I glance past him and there’s a giant hole in the wall. I ask him what happened, but all he can talk about is dig. He must be in shock. I walk past and glance in the gaping hole in the wall. It smells dank… it looks dark. I’ve been in worse, like Cerulean Cave or Gary’s mom’s house. I crawl in…

Immediately I hear the cry of Pokemon all around. Loud screams, bizarre purrs, some even whimsical. I don’t recognize any of the sounds but I continue forward in the darkness. I call upon my Electabuzz to light the way with a much more useful hidden machine, Flash. The darkness illuminates and I see creatures scatter left and right. I continue walking forward out of sheer curiosity, somewhat scared I must admit. As we continue trudging onward, my Electabuzz, named Buzz Lightyear, suddenly screeches and lunges forward. In my fright, I fall to the ground and lose sight of what’s happening.

I find my footing and look up… there’s another Electabuzz staring at mine with a menacing glare. It’s eyes are dull and lifeless. It’s skin, or fur, or whatever it might be is darker and much more rich than my own Buzz Lightyear’s. Could it be? Could I have finally found a shiny Pokemon and one so rare?! I immediately call back my Buzz who is ready to knock the F*** off this opposing pocket monster. I send my Breloom who immediately uses Fake Out to stun the opposing shiny. It then lunges forward with False Swipe, incredibly more powerful it nearly kills the Electabuzz. I then call the Breloom back and throw an Ultra Ball. It inhales the Electabuzz and shakes not once, not twice, but three times before clasping shut in victory. Wow, I couldn’t believe it. A Shiny Electabuzz… oof! I’ll have to trade my own Buzz in the Global Trade Link now. Some extra coin never hurt, or maybe I should trade this new Shiny? It’s pretty rare. It could fetch a lot of money. Oh the decisions, but I can’t be so rash. Let’s just wait a while before making that call.

I decide to venture back to Nurse Joy. She’s still not much interested in me or my stories, so I decide to keep my recent catch a secret. Her loss to be honest. She probably would have just thrown herself at me. After healing and picking up supplies at the PokeMart, we make our way south toward those Meteorite Falls. Let’s just see what that old man was so excited about.

The clouds suddenly darken and the sun disappears. Oh darn, the rains are coming. As I trudge forward through the long grass the first drop hits my brow. I jump on my bike and hurry toward the nearest shelter. I find several mountain climbers as I scurry past. Far too much gear for a trail I can easily bike through I must admit. They ignore me fortunately. No time for a battle with some rock-headed ground-types. Suddenly off in the distance I see a trench. I ride near it and see an opening to a cave. A sign in front reads, “Meteorite Falls.” I venture in.

Despite the rains and darkness outside, it’s remarkably well lit within the cave. You can hear the splash and trickle of a stream, and even further a roar of what must be the waterfall within. I decide to just hunker down for the night. We can make the journey deeper tomorrow after we dry off. I build a fire and set up my tent. I set my bag down and place my pokeballs next to the fire to warm the Pokemon inside. Six in total… one being my new shiny. I giggle in excitement. I giggle… giggle… snore… zzz…

… CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEONK!!!!!

“WHAT WAS THAT?!” I spring awake and sit up in shock. There before me is another Pokemon. My eyes are still foggy from my slumber, but the appearance is menacing. A gaping mouth with eyes as dead as winter. Tongue whipping outward and bat-like wings beating with defiance. A Golbat… this cave is ridden with bats! Zubats and Golbats flutter everywhere around the flames of my fire. This Golbat before me though, it’s different. A green, pearlescent hue. ANOTHER SHINY! I reach for my pokeballs only to find an Ultra Ball is already open… odd… I grab it anyway and fling it toward the shiny Golbat. Again, much like earlier today, it takes the Golbat in and clasps shut shortly after. I grab my belongings and rush out of the cave.

I bike through the rain for several hours… the clouds continue to pour down upon me. Lightning arcs across the sky. I make it to Rustboro City. A familiar town. I purchase some dry clothes at the market and have lunch. In my own exhaustion, I think back at my day before… a dank hole in the wall where a shiny Electabuzz was waiting. A cave full of bats where another shiny was to be found. What a day. A day full of excitement and shinies. This must be what Jonulo felt like as he caught his 967th shiny or how Cheels was like when she finally found that shiny Ponyta.

Tossing what was left of my lunch in the trash, I walk onward. A new day ahead of me. A new adventure awaits. I smile as the sun finally breaks through the clouds. I take a moment just to let it wash over me… oh how it feels so good… so good the sun on my skin… “WTF?!” I feel a sudden wetness on my thigh. I glance down and a blue ooze is dripping down my leg. “OH GOD!” I scream. I run. The ooze is still there, holding tightly. What it could be, I do not know. I leap into a nearby pond as people look in shock. As I splash in panic I catch the sight of these dead… demonic eyes… set deeply within a splash of blue, richer than the water we’re in. I paddle gently back… the eyes continue to follow. I look and see my belongings at the edge of the pond… an Ultra Ball open nearby… and then it dawns on me… I can’t even speak… but then… those same dead-pan eyes move even closer… and shortly after, I’m looking not at a pile of blue ooze… but myself… with those eyes… in pure shock and horror a smile appears on my own facing looking at me…

You are mine… forever”…

“Ditto,” I say in return.

Edited by DoubleJ
To exert my dominance of course

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.