Coronavirus (COVID-19) Traffic

Does anyone else expect at least a slight increase in traffic considering school shutdowns and quarantines? I saw a headline regarding Steam breaking some record for its usage, and I'm curious if anyone thinks that they've noticed anything similar on here.

Anyway, I hope everyone out there is staying safe! 

6 hours ago, MightyBoxer said:

saturday chinese peak time i saw server being full a few weeks now.

Yeah I feel like I've been noticing an increase of players. I wasn't sure if that was just me or if other people have noticed it as well. With things going the way they are, I'm guessing that this trend might continue.... Not that I mind at all. I just find it interesting. 

Again though, everyone stay safe and be careful out there!

On 3/16/2020 at 5:09 PM, XenaWarriorDog said:

Does anyone else expect at least a slight increase in traffic considering school shutdowns and quarantines? I saw a headline regarding Steam breaking some record for its usage, and I'm curious if anyone thinks that they've noticed anything similar on here.

We've seen extreme traffic surges, yeah. We can actually pinpoint when China began their city quarantines with our metrics.

I'll decline to say exact numbers, but we expect more as the world locks down. I'd expect an American / Euro traffic surge next, then SA (though we're already seeing higher than expected Brazil traffic).

1 hour ago, Kyu said:

We've seen extreme traffic surges, yeah. We can actually pinpoint when China began their city quarantines with our metrics.

I'll decline to say exact numbers, but we expect more as the world locks down. I'd expect an American / Euro traffic surge next, then SA (though we're already seeing higher than expected Brazil traffic).

Thankfully, I do not have the virus as of the time of this response. However, what I enjoy about PokeMMO is that it is kind of an escape from the epidemic.

For players with COVID-19, I hope you all have a speedy recovery. Some players want me to respond about this virus, but I feel that the experts on the case know a bit more about the precautions than I do.

Spoiler

There is one thing that I can say about this epidemic, do what you can to prepare. Buy whatever you need food wise (look for food that expires in a few years). Off of the top of my head, a friend of mine suggested Peanut Butter. It is always good to prepare for emergency situations even in good times.

-------------------------------------------

I would like to thank the development team on PokeMMO as a whole for hosting this game while in a time of crisis. It is quite relaxing to come to another world that is free of real life viruses and such.

Edited by Bestfriends
clarification
8 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

Thankfully, I do not have the virus as of the time of this response. However, what I enjoy about PokeMMO is that it is kind of an escape from the epidemic.

For players with COVID-19, I hope you all have a speedy recovery. Some players want me to respond about this virus, but I feel that the experts on the case know a bit more about the precautions than I do.

Reveal hidden contents

There is one thing that I can say about this epidemic, do what you can to prepare. Buy whatever you need food wise (look for food that expires in a few years). Off of the top of my head, a friend of mine suggested Peanut Butter. It is always good to prepare for emergency situations even in good times.

I would like to thank the development team on PokeMMO as a whole for hosting this game while in a time of crisis. It is quite relaxing to come to another world that is free of real life viruses and such.

thanks

On 3/18/2020 at 12:58 AM, Kyu said:

There was an update recently. So I wasn't sure if it was due to my internet, the update, or the increase of traffic, but everything was lagging much more than usual. I'm not upset about it, but it has piqued my interest.

And I also believe that we're going to see an increase in traffic. I live stateside, and the community that I live in is not too far from where some outbreaks have occurred. I'm not trying to be a bummer here, but it really is spreading fast and far :/ I definitely expect the traffic surge to continue considering the reality that we're in. 

Anyway! This community is awesome! Y'all are great :) Again and again, take care of yourselves, and best of luck in all of this.

On 3/18/2020 at 1:58 AM, Bestfriends said:

Reveal hidden contents

I would also like to thank the team here for keeping things running. You folks are doing a real service for a lot of people. Thanks to everyone involved for keeping this community running smoothly, and for the good vibes fellow players put out there for other people :) This place is a great escape for a lot of us right now. So thank you.