The complete Rare Candy guide!

Cubes

A Rare Candy is a non-tradeable item that levels up your pokemon by 1 level. Thus, the only real way to obtain them is to make runs through the game.

With the full introduction of the islands, we now have access to 14 Rare Candies, and this guide will show/tell you where they are (This guide was inspired by Neekz)

[/url]

That video shows 13 of the locations. The last 1 is:

- In Lost Cave next to Resort Gorgeous on 5 Island (in the cave, go Right>Up>Down>Down>Right>Left>Down>Left, not hidden)

In written form, they are

- At the bottom-right corner of 1F of Mount Moon (not hidden)

- In Cerulean City, in the Flower Patch in the backyard with the flowers, go through house to get there (hidden on tile in-between flowers)

- On the route from Cerulean to Rock Tunnel (hidden in the upper-right part before the grass patch)

- In Pokemon Tower, on the floor before Mr. Fuji (not hidden)

- In Celadon, in the Rocket Hideout, on B3F in the moving tile puzzle (not hidden)

- On the Route between Vermillion and Saffron, in the upper right corner next to the guard house (hidden on a tile in-between the 2 ledges)

- On Cycling Road, on the right-most side about halfway down (hidden in the middle of the grey road, 1 tile up from the 3rd brown sign on the left (It's your 3rd sign if going down)

- On the Route between the Right Snorlax and Fuschia (hidden in the first grass patch 5 tiles down, 3 in)

- In Fuschia, in the Warden's house blocked by boulder (not hidden)

- In Silph Co tower, 10F in the bottom left with 2 other pokeballs, its the bottom-most one (not hidden)

- In Pokemon Mansion 3F (hidden down a 2 tile passageway to the right of the drop down area, tile is near the wall)

- In Victory Road, in the first room, the left pokeball in the boulder puzzle to the north (not hidden)

- On 2 Island, behind the Blast Burn/Frenzy Plant/Hydro Cannon tutor's house (hidden on the right-most tile)

As to how you should use Rare Candies, here are some tips:

- Save your Rare Candies until they're exactly what you need to get to your target level (30,50,100). For example, if you're trying to level Aerodactyl from 70 to 100 and you have 14 Rare Candies, you should train him normally to level 86, then use the Rare Candies. It's much more efficient.

- Sweepers are relatively easy to level, while walls, tanks, and utility pokemon are much harder. Save your Rare Candies for these pokemon, as it saves you so much time.

- Certain pokemon take more experience than others to get to 100. Typically, stronger pokemon take more experience than weaker pokemon. Save Rare Candies for those harder pokemon

A complete rare candy guide would offer a brief description of what rare candies do to begin with.

Good guide though. +1

Is that the PokeMMO client you are using in the video? Why does your graphics look different than mine?

That's a regular ROM, not pokemmo.

And I assume damn near everyone know what rare candies do.

• 1 month later...

[quote][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][u]As to how you should use Rare Candies, here are some tips:[/u][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- Save your Rare Candies until they're exactly what you need to get to your target level (30,50,100). For example, if you're trying to level Aerodactyl from 70 to 100 and you have 14 Rare Candies, you should train him normally to level 86, then use the Rare Candies. It's much more efficient.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- Sweepers are relatively easy to level, while walls, tanks, and utility pokemon are much harder. Save your Rare Candies for these pokemon, as it saves you so much time.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- Certain pokemon take more experience than others to get to 100. Typically, stronger pokemon take more experience than weaker pokemon. Save Rare Candies for those harder pokemon[/font][/color][/quote]

how about a list of "prefered" pokemons to use rarecandies on? :) i could do it myself too but i wouldn't make an entire thread just about that :P

Anyways thanks for the guide, found it quite usefull :)

[quote name='malmer' timestamp='1361115925' post='200502']
how about a list of "prefered" pokemons to use rarecandies on? :) i could do it myself too but i wouldn't make an entire thread just about that :P

Anyways thanks for the guide, found it quite usefull :)
[/quote]
Prefered pokemons? Walls that take long to train, and barely have damaging moves, such as blissey, foretress, etc.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.