[Implemented]Sun Stone - Implement Chance on Wild Pokemon

No one brought this up yet? Well, I guess I'll be the first.

There's currently only one Pokemon with limited evolution per character. That's Bellosom, due to Sun Stones only being available in one place. Now that Bellosom is in the game, it wouldn't hurt to make Sun Stone available on a wild Pokemon. The obvious choice is Gloom, since it's the only Pokemon we currently have that utilizes the Sun Stone.

I'm thinking it should have the same rarity of it's counterpart, Moon Stone. Clefairy has a 6% rate in the right place, but Gloom ranges from <2.5% to 15%. I think the best option would be to lower the encounter rate of Gloom in Berry Forest, as this is the only place where the encounter rate exceeds roughly 7%.

EDIT: Now that the Game Corner is just around the corner, we're also gonna need a renewable source for Up-Grades! Unlike the flawed Sun Stone, however, the Up-Grade was renewable in FRLG via farming the Trainer Tower.

Well pooey! The Trainer Tower isn't going to work very well in PokeMMO - I just don't see it (Especially since we can get all the other prize-items another way already. Excluding of course the Choice Band and Shell Bell which will probably need to be implemented in a different way.)

So we could make Up-Grades a Game Corner prize, but what other ideas are out there? I can't think of a wild Pokemon that's rare enough or makes enough sense to be holding an Up-grade.

July Edit: So the Up-grade is now renewable via the Mystery Box (Awful, awful idea) but the Sun Stone is still not renewable, as far as I know. What gives? 

Pokemon that evolve by Sun Stone are Gloom & Sunkern. Just pick one.

Sunkern aren't found in FRLG.

ItzPrado should probably read the entire OP instead of just reading the title.

That being said, the only pokemon that I think should be able to hold the Sun Stone in the wild is Sunkern. However you already mentioned that Sunkern is not currently obtainable because it was never in FRLG. I believe that can be fixed by simply adding Sunkern to the game much like the spooky Pokemon were added.

That would fix the Sun Stone, but I have no idea how to put more Up-grades into the game logically other than as a prize from the Game Corner which you already mentioned. No Pokemon that I can think of should hold Up-grade other than Porygon, which would be weird.

Why add Sunkern just for Sun Stones? I'm sure they'll come around eventually.

I actually checked Serebii, which was the source for the other evolution-inducing held items, and found Sun Stones were in FRLG on Solrock (Which are not found in the wild) and Moonstones on Lunatone. They would probably be better choices for a half-assed addition just to have it.

You answered your own question for Up-Grades. Make them buyable at Game Corner along with Porygon. Solve both issues in one place. Also they're available in Team Rocket Warehouse. You can just start a new character, farm the entire game, and just collect them that way just like the TMs on the ground. You only need one for a good Porygon. And the possibility of good Porygons being that widely available is unlikely.

As far as Sun Stones go, just add them into the Pick-Up Ability's possibilities. There's no need to have so many items on wild Pokemon to farm. Spread them out into other areas and expand.

Why add Sunkern just for Sun Stones? I'm sure they'll come around eventually.

I actually checked Serebii, which was the source for the other evolution-inducing held items, and found Sun Stones were in FRLG on Solrock (Which are not found in the wild) and Moonstones on Lunatone. They would probably be better choices for a half-assed addition just to have it.

That would make sense, but where are Solrock and Lunatone found? On certain trainers? If so then that method isn't much better than farming the one in the Rocket Warehouse.

And the Sunkern idea was just because it was the sunniest Pokemon I could think of, and the fact that the devs are obviously not too shy about adding new Pokemon to the FRLG world, so I thought that just one more couldn't hurt. Oh well.

You can just start a new character, farm the entire game, and just collect them that way just like the TMs on the ground.

This is what we're trying to cut down on. That's the premise of renewable TMs.

Anywho, the same can be said about Dragon Scale. It just shouldn't be limited per character. Using Pickup is a fine idea, but we'd be taking shots in the dark at how they're going to implement that. Then again, I don't see them adding renewable Sun Stones or Up-Grades to the top of the priority list.

idea!!!

porygons could hold up-grade @5-10% from the gamecorner.

renewable and hard to get if they implement the gamecorner with buffed prices.

not every porygon is going to be great so we arent going to evolve them all (unless you just want it for pokedex) so 5-10% seems like a good start to me.

maybe porygon could hold corrupt disk at 1% for porygonz

sunstones im not so interested in ill let you all argue about that.

idea!!!

porygons could hold up-grade @5% from the gamecorner.

renewable and hard to get if they implement the gamecorner with buffed prices.

not every porygon is going to be great so we arent going to evolve them all (unless you just want it for pokedex) so 5% seems like a good start to me.

Sounds good to me, that way if you are going to spend enough time to get multiple Porygons looking for good IV's/Natures you will probably [eventually] get an Up-Grade. I won't suggest a fixed percentage yet because I'm not sure what % would be considered balanced yet as the Game Corner is not even released yet but its a good start.
  • 2 weeks later...

Mareep holding a Sun Stone? It's creative, but is there anything about Mareep that's 'sunny'? Nothing is as un-sunny as Gloom, so I get the problems people would have with it, but without the other regions we can't really justify adding Pokemon to solve an issue like this. Maybe they'll be added to the Dpt. Store or the Game Corner.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...