Increase Little Cup Tournament Size

drdray

Question

I know that the size of Little Cup tournaments is supposed to fit the "Little" theme but I think there are a lot of players that get left out because the tournament size restricts it to 32 players most of the time. It would be a good thing if more people got to enjoy the tier by increasing the tournament size because there is no matchmaking currently for it.

3 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, drdray said:

I know that the size of Little Cup tournaments is supposed to fit the "Little" theme

That's not the reason why. LC tournaments are typically made with 32 seats as it's the seat quantity we know we are able to fill/almost fill without risking any possibility of event cancellation. Where we have run 64 man LC tours in the past, participation had been low as the mid 30's (a tour is auto cancelled if it doesn't fill 50% of seats) which is why 64 man LC is not as common. However, if a significant number of players are getting left out e.g. 50+/32 in the queue, having another go at 64 man is something that is possible to be explored.
NB Whilst I'm referring more specifically to standard official tours, it's worth noting that 32 man LC CC's have not really been fully filled as of late.