Who does noone talk about financial trading ?

So I've seen a lot of videos or posts about how to make money in PokeMMO, and it's always kinda the same methods (redo battles, berry farming, dittos farming, IV training, etc.). But I was a bit surprised to never see any mention of trading, and by that I don't mean simply IV training mons and selling them on the trade channel, but actually monitoring the market to find interesting mons to buy with the idea of selling them at a higher price later in order to make a profit. 

The thing is that the GTL is at a central place in pokeMMO, and it's a free market, prices being set solely by and for players (I could sell my zubat for 10M if I wished, or my shiny metagross for 1k). Usually, in any game with this kind of free player to player market, a huge trading community quickly develops, because it is simply the best way to make huge profits on the long term. 

So what about this game ? Why doesn't anyone talk about it ? 

If anyone has relevant info about this, I would be more than interested in it. 

Tbh I kinda feel like trade chat doesn't work. Everyone wants to buy your stuff for below market price and everyone sells their stuff above market price. It kinda really becomes a scenario where if you wanna buy smth you buy it because you want it and not wanna re-sell for profit. It is nearly impossible to make profit on trade chat with regular trades. It just doesn't work anymore.

Edit: I mean if you're reading this be honest with yourself, when is the last time you made an actual decent trade via trade chat? 

Edited by Goku
39 minutes ago, Goku said:

Tbh I kinda feel like trade chat doesn't work. Everyone wants to buy your stuff for below market price and everyone sells their stuff above market price. It kinda really becomes a scenario where if you wanna buy smth you buy it because you want it and not wanna re-sell for profit. It is nearly impossible to make profit on trade chat with regular trades. It just doesn't work anymore.

Edit: I mean if you're reading this be honest with yourself, when is the last time you made an actual decent trade via trade chat? 

I can understand there being a downward trend compared to how profitable trade chat could be, but this could also potentially be some sort of reverse-survivors bias. The game has a lot of people nowadays, and you may or may not be around at the right time for the "good" deals that are being snagged, leaving you with the less than ideal ones you described.

3 hours ago, Goku said:

Totally agreed.

I tried buying a Shiny Wooper and posted on Trade Channel for days and no one pm-ed me while there is newly listed wooper/quagsire on GTL

(and finally got a shiny myself yesterday)

another thing is 95% of people on trade channel are Chinese :v

(there is no racism, I am a Chinese too, just dont like how they trade)

4 hours ago, Goku said:

Agreed, I find it quite pointless trying to make deals in TC nowadays. Prices are basically the same, or at least won't be lower, than the listings on the GTL. And the other thing is that it's just too annoying making deals in another language that you don't speak. I remember all the excitement when you made a good deal back in the day before GTL existed

o man i miss the old school TC shiny trading 

On 2/28/2020 at 4:10 PM, Goku said:

U sell 2 me 400k????