Gym fight items

athelstan

Question

When I do gym runs with amulet coins there are two things that take time that reduce the worth of my amulet coin and that in my opinion should not.

1) Gym puzzles, and for that i agree with there should be a puzzle skip after completing it once, but because that's already being suggested in following topic, it shouldn't be discussed here but all readers that want to discuss it, can obviously do this in mentioned topic.

2) Items that are being used by the gym leaders take time from my amulet coin. Every item (that is consumed) is an amount of "pokeyen"  (it's not really pokeyen because they are NPC's) that is being invested in making a battle take longer, which by consequence make the gains of my amulet coin less. Because of that i suggest that we get the sell-price of each used item by the gym leader added to the amount of money they would normally give or i suggest to disable the function of the use of consumable items by a gym leader. I am mostly talking about consumable items used in battle (full restores), but by extension i also think that consumable given items should be talked about, with focus sash being the most important one.

3 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Raichuforyou said:

I will say for the concern on your #2, there are plenty of way to negate any items like Focus Sash's, Red Cards, Full Restores, etc and end a battle always within 3 turns. Spamming the correct combination of multi target moves can easily accomplish this to lessen the battle length.

I understand it's like this yes, if you use multi target moves you can accomplish things to lessen the battle length, but with a combination of the gym-leaders having balloons (to avoid EQ), abilities (to avoid surf, muddy water, fire attacks...) and so on it's not always that easy in my opinion.

But even the level of being hard or easy is not entirely the reason i think my #2 is something that should be talked about. As players have to pay for consumed items, i think it should also "cost" something for the gym leaders, but as they are NPC's, they don't own money, so i think the solution could be giving the opponent some extra money as reward (or making it not possible to be used like i suggested). As it was not that important before the amulet coin-update because, I didn't suggest it before but now the time of amulet coin is running it starts being a double disadvantage that's not totally fair in my opinion.

For your concern #2, i think it is still okay for my team composition

(just that the newly added red card is sometimes irritating, since i do leveling when i do gym runs)

there are plenty ways people doing gym runs atm

for me, the only consumable for now is Amulet Coin, which only gives me benefits