Ash's Solution For A Full PokeMMO! XD (Kanto-Alola)

AshTheChosen

Pokemmo Remake  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Like To See This Become A Reality?

• Awesome Idea Solution!
    • Horrible Idea Solution!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/21/20 at 05:00 PM

Question

Hey, Everyone! AshTheChosen Here! And I have a SOLUTION to the JOHTO Region Inclusion Conundrum! So here is my idea: Use 'Pokemon: Liquid Crystal Version' Hack-ROM with the 'Pokemon: Thunder Yellow Version' Hack-ROM, WHILE DISABLING ALL KANTO-REGION-ONLY FEATURES OF SAID GAMES, minus the 'Pokemon: Thunder Yellow Version' Storyline, Requiring the Fire Red&Leaf Green Kanto, and Requiring ALL of these following Games as well For PokeMMO:

Pokemon: Sun Version

Pokemon: Moon Version

Pokemon: Y Version

Pokemon: X Version

Pokemon: Black Version

Pokemon: White Version

Pokemon: Platinum Version

Pokemon: Emerald Version

Pokemon: Liquid Crystal Version

Pokemon: Thunder Yellow Version

How each Feature is included stands as thus:

1. ALL GAMES WILL INCLUDE THEIR EXCLUSIVE REGIONS AND STORYLINES!

2. TRAVELING TO EACH REGION WILL BE THE SAME AS THE ORIGINAL POKEMMO GAME! (Traveling to the Kalos Region, and the Alola Region will be by Boat as Well, While Johto will be through all of Crystal's Original Methods)

3. YOU CAN START IN ANY REGION LIKE THE ORIGINAL POKEMMO, BUT WITH FULL SPRITE CUSTOMIZATION!

4. ALL OTHER FEATURES WILL REMAIN THE SAME!

IF THIS SEEMS FEASIBLE TO YOU GUYS: VOTE INTO MAKING THIS A REALITY!

Remember: Always Have Fun!

Edited by AshTheChosen

9 answers to this question

Personally i feel this is an excellent idea, why use hg/ss for johto when you can use a rom hack? it's genius!

with the inclusion of all the games up to sun and moon it will help diversify the comp scene or something(THINK OF ALL THE NEW AFK SPOTS!!!), and I'm sure it will be easy to code so i imagine if they started now the devs could be done by tomorrow.

as a curious side note if we need both X and Y and Sun and Moon wouldn't we need Ruby and Sapphire and Diamond and Pearl? what about black and white 2 or ultra sun and ultra moon?

46 minutes ago, TeamRocketHarry said:

as a curious side note if we need both X and Y and Sun and Moon wouldn't we need Ruby and Sapphire and Diamond and Pearl? what about black and white 2 or ultra sun and ultra moon?

Not really, as there is no official Z/Star Versions. Z, however, was canceled for the 20TH Anniversary, and other reasons that we will probably never know.

45 minutes ago, Cosica said:

I'd just like to absent mindedly point out that a second Kanto isn't an issue, because if they ever plan on adding Black2/White2, that's gonna be a second Unova.

Black 2/White 2 and Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon Have Changed the Base Versions of the Regions that they are set in, which is probably why they officially didn't do GREY/STAR.

I don't understand one thing:

Do you think that just insert the various roms to have a game? don't you think you should code the whole rom to make it able to communicate with the pokemmo client?

Don't you think, moreover, that now the pokemmo client has a language capable of communicating with pokemon games up to the 5th generation and that, to implement future ones, DEV will have to do a huge script work on the client?

Apart from this:

How will you reconcile the difference in style and graphics?

Already now the difference is noticeable and it is not nice to observe it (from Kanto to Unova, for example) But when implement 3d model ... how will we do it? will we go from the 2d of kanto / hoenn to the 3d of Kalos and Alola?

in the end I think the developers will decide which graph to keep (whether 2d or 3d) and then recreate from scratch all the regions that have different graphics.

In any case I am sure that Pokemmo will NEVER stop with its evolutions and in the future, for now far, we will also have the 6th and 7th generation this is because if it didn't want to be a project that implemented all regions and generations then it would have simply implemented all the pokemon, skills, moves etc in the simple kanto region.

peace

13 hours ago, druido890 said:

I don't understand one thing:

Do you think that just insert the various roms to have a game? don't you think you should code the whole rom to make it able to communicate with the pokemmo client?

Don't you think, moreover, that now the pokemmo client has a language capable of communicating with pokemon games up to the 5th generation and that, to implement future ones, DEV will have to do a huge script work on the client?

Apart from this:

How will you reconcile the difference in style and graphics?

Already now the difference is noticeable and it is not nice to observe it (from Kanto to Unova, for example) But when implement 3d model ... how will we do it? will we go from the 2d of kanto / hoenn to the 3d of Kalos and Alola?

in the end I think the developers will decide which graph to keep (whether 2d or 3d) and then recreate from scratch all the regions that have different graphics.

In any case I am sure that Pokemmo will NEVER stop with its evolutions and in the future, for now far, we will also have the 6th and 7th generation this is because if it didn't want to be a project that implemented all regions and generations then it would have simply implemented all the pokemon, skills, moves etc in the simple kanto region.

peace

I just want them to follow Ash's Story up to him becoming a Pokemon Master. However: I think that I might pay to have it created. It is isn't a problem of whether the script is huge or not, but about whether or not People will be able to use their current profile in an update. I will give an honest opinion about this conundrum: Yes, They Should! AND No, They Shouldn't! This is because an update shouldn't allow already Kanto WITH Hoenn League Finished Participants to take part in Battling the Johto Gym Leaders and should already have the Johto Gym Badges. They can still Battle the Elite Four. But Ash, while in Mount Silver, should only be battled when the Perfect World Pokedex, All Team Defeats, All Contests, All Elite Fours, all Champions, AND All Challenges of the 1st 7-Generations Staple Games have been Completed, while Side Missions, such as getting a Bike, or a Fishing Rod should not count towards this Merit.

What you are missing is that the devs have stated many times before they do not intend to use rom hacks. Moreover, they already have functional code to interpret the DS roms. To add in, the devs are fully able, and have already done so as is, to make it so version exclusive spawns appear regardless of whether you have one version or the other for Unova and Kanto. Hoenn and Sinnoh are reconciled to Emerald and Platinum for storylines and, again, and missing spawns for their respective generations are added aside from certain legends that are not in game currently. The biggest thing that would need reconciled if they started adding 3ds regions is graphic style. Unova amd Sinnoh have a semi 3d appearance, but they are still easier to reconcile with the gba regions as opposed to XY and Sun/Moon which are fully 3d. That will take much more work on the dev side.

Cant we just keep it nice and comfy and stay on gen 5? adding more pokemon to pokemmo wouldt make it funnier or feel like more of an mmo, we need more mmo like features like dungeons and raids. and besides pokemon peaked at Gen5 lets just leave it at that and forgot how the series went downhill.