Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Munya

March-Movement Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Stokes said:

when Stoutland and hitmonchan NU? i saw they all NU teams

It change nothing between NU and Untiered

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, gbwead said:

What's wrong with Zoroark?

Has similar power to rose, tougher to rk, gets nasty plot.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Umbramol said:

Has similar power to rose, tougher to rk, gets nasty plot.

What set is so scary? Hitmonchan on top of my mind looks like an ez rk.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Umbramol said:

1. Encore was banned for a good period of the month and i think wobbu should stay to OU because of it.

agree, doesn’t make since to drop down wob

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, gbwead said:

What set is so scary? Hitmonchan on top of my mind looks like an ez rk.

Well yes but apart from it what else? Even an extrasensory instead of flame for example in a nasty plot set can punish hitmonchan coming in and being forced to mach punch makes zoro an ez hit and run wallbreaker.. at least i see it this way.. correct me if im wrong

Edited by Umbramol

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Umbramol said:

Well yes but apart from it what else? Even a extrasensory instead of flame for example in a nasty plot set can punish hitmonchan coming in and being force to mach punch makes zoro an ex hit and run wallbreaker.. at least i see it this way.. correct me if im wrong

Does it run HP Elec or something? I just don't see how it get passed Mantine or Flareon.

Edited by gbwead

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Does it run HP Elec or something? I just don't see how it get passed Mantine.

 +2 dark pulse 2hkos mantine and mantine is forced to haze.. if you add possible rocks into the calcs mantine really struggles to stop zoroark.

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Zoroark Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Mantine: 97-114 (56.7 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Zoroark Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Flareon: 114-136 (66.2 - 79%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Edited by Umbramol

Share this post


Link to post

I support the idea that Zoroak would be a problem on NU.

I dont see good wall options to stop it, and it has a really good wallbreaker movepool.

I think it would force players to play more ofensive teambuildings than they usually do, and duels would depend a lot on luck (fear of Dark Pulse flinches).

Share this post


Link to post

@Munya I vote for everything to drop except Wobbuffet and Haxorus.

Edited by gbwead

Share this post


Link to post

Yes lets drop 20 new mons into a tier.. totally gonna result in a healthy one.. and the next month of usage is totally gonna be an accurate representation of a stable meta.

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Umbramol said:

Yes lets drop 20 new mons into a tier.. totally gonna result in a healthy one.. and the next month of usage is totally gonna be an accurate representation of a stable meta.

any suggest ?

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, MknsZblex said:

any suggest ?

I already made my suggestion in the first page.. let the tiers stabilize then decide on bl mons, at least me as a player having so little tours and game time to use new stuff i cant make a good assumption on so much stuff just by theorising.. i need some time to see what happens, lets decide on BL mons after a certain period.. im also skeptical about zoro in NU but this tier is not the one i know well so if NU playes dont care i wont fight more for my case.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Umbramol said:

I already made my suggestion in the first page.. let the tiers stabilize then decide on bl mons, at least me as a player having so little tours and game time to use new stuff i cant make a good assumption on so much stuff just by theorising.. i need some time to see what happens, lets decide on BL mons after a certain period.. im also skeptical about zoro in NU but this tier is not the one i know well so if NU playes dont care i wont fight more for my case.

I do agree that I'm not sure on Zoroark in NU. Zoro can hit hard and there's not many, if any, pokemon that can successfully counter it. 

Share this post


Link to post

I agree with Umbra. If we just drop everything at once:

a) Tier will take too much to adapt

b) It is not possible to pinpoint the source of eventual issues in UU because some of the dropped stuff interfere each other way too much.

c) a) and b) means we would have to wait too long to get a playable UU.

 

Anyway, what I suggest:

 

Drop everything, but BL mons. But please discuss Zoroark and Staraptor.

 

Note: I would say galvantula can become a problem, but I realized it is pressured between a type of hidden power.

Share this post


Link to post
-1 252 Atk Choice Band Staraptor Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 68-80 (35.4 - 41.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
1 poke in all tier can check staraptor in UU
 
Spoiler

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Staraptor Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 74-88 (38.5 - 45.8%) -- 16.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

 

lmao

 

Edited by mago1993

Share this post


Link to post

I think you can ban clampler , cranidos, mienfo and maybe diglet and then LC will be playable again. GL in that mission guys

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Navetas said:

I think you can ban clampler , cranidos, mienfo and maybe diglet and then LC will be playable again. GL in that mission guys

I am sorry, but even if we got rampardos in LC it would be irrelevant compared to the sheer powerspike UU would get if everything dropped.

Share this post


Link to post

Doesn't need reasoning tbh, even mantine can lose to rose after rocks / poison / hidden power, also seeing zoroark's atk+sp.atk+speed+huge movepool+its ability, no one sane would suggest allowing it to drop to nu even if it's by usage.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, drdray said:

thanks for the thorough reasoning, quality post

well, its not like they give us any reasoning for not banning them either soo...

Share this post


Link to post
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.