Co-Op Double Battles

TinkerDamn

Question

Along with this I was wondering if it would be possible to implement a co-op battle system where if one person wants to have a double battle or needs help with a battle, he/she could send an invite to someone on their friends list and they could battle as a team. I know the latter might be hard (if even possible) to implement but I'm hoping for the best. Keep up the good work! I'm loving the game so far.

Tag team doubles is a dumb idea, its literally the same thing as having one person play and another talk to them at the same time. What a waste of the devs time it would be to implement, and I highly doubt it seeing much use.

[spoiler]y u bump[/spoiler]

Yes, thank god I am not the only one...

I disagree with both of you, the end result is not the point of implementing this feature, it's the personal participation.

That's what makes this fun.

I disagree with both of you, the end result is not the point of implementing this feature, it's the personal participation.

That's what makes this fun.

So a new game type of battling should be implemented so a teammate gets the glorious privilege of clicking a move? A move which they will discuss regardless and it will get clicked regardless. Who cares who hits the button, it's the same exact thing.

It's like driving with a wing-man, stopping at the finish line, switching seats, and letting him drive across the finish line. What's the point?

So a new game type of battling should be implemented so a teammate gets the glorious privilege of clicking a move? A move which they will discuss regardless and it will get clicked regardless. Who cares who hits the button, it's the same exact thing.

It's like driving with a wing-man, stopping at the finish line, switching seats, and letting him drive across the finish line. What's the point?

you're assuming one person is "alpha" the other is "beta". one giving order the other taking. but if each person is equally talented then it is no longer one person playing with 2 bodies but two people communicating as fast as they can their thoughts and then coming to a decision of what to do in a very complicated match with time clause for pressure. this sounds more difficult then just one person playing doubles to me and with a added layer of difficulty comes a added layer of fun and challenge. some matches might be the alpha and the beta. one mind with 2 bodies as you think, but there will be very interesting and fun matches between 2 equals that makes this all worth it.

you're assuming one person is "alpha" the other is "beta". one giving order the other taking. but if each person is equally talented then it is no longer one person playing with 2 bodies but two people communicating as fast as they can their thoughts and then coming to a decision of what to do in a very complicated match with time clause for pressure. Telekinesis? this sounds more difficult then just one person playing doubles to me and with a added layer of difficulty comes a added layer of fun and challenge. some matches might be the alpha and the beta. one mind with 2 bodies as you think, but there will be very interesting and fun matches between 2 equals that makes this all worth it.

So are we now assuming its two people with in separate sound proof boxes blindly making moves? Sounds like a weak way to avoid the "you're hitting the button either way" stigma. And assuming they are "equals," regardless the two will create the team together, assuming a competitive scene, to be effective OR previous to the battle  discuss a strategy, to be effective. It just sounds like adding a feature for a few gimmicks that will end up turning into two people discussing the moves, and two people clicking the button where on could do the same thing. Maybe this would be a neat PvE feature, but like, who plays PvE for fun?

It's certainly possible and it's also something we will be implementing in the future.

I'm looking forward to it. I understand you have a lot of suggestions and things to do, i will continue to wait patiently for the release of this.
Thank you for reading.

Pardon?

I still think the idea is neat~

What i meant when i said lol 1 year later is that its been a full year since you last posted a comment on this, and i felt like bumping it up because you had already double posted on it. I am also looking forward to this. Edited by jerryzoo

was skaz a member of staff when he said "soon(tm)" 2 years ago?

but yea burntfred doubles tag team would destroy the world and is something i look forward too

Was skazord ever a member of staff?

Anyways, would be interesting if this became a thing

yea. he once gave the entire team wailord kicking powers on team speak then logged of for the weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXKfCPQACHk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

he wasnt the best mod..... 

Not on here.

yea. he once gave the entire team wailord kicking powers on team speak then logged of for the weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXKfCPQACHk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

he wasnt the best mod..... 

This takes place on a private team server that is not moderated by PokeMMO. >.>

On topic, I think the whole concept is basically taking the current concept of doubles, but instead of one player controlling both Pokemon; two players each control one Pokemon. Meaning each player has their own team. This also means that there is a great deal of communication among the two, unless pairs get randomized(looking at Team Rocket Recruitment Tournament) and that the players already know the ins and outs of their teams and how they mesh with each other. I hardly see how that's one player saying, "You push this button" to another player.

Imagine how much faster Prom Night or Tag Team tourneys could go with Multi-battles...

Plus it means the two have to get along or you're going to get completely rekt by a better synched pair.

Glad to see it's planned at some point. ^_^