Min. speed stat needed to escape from a horde

Rittz

Hi there, I am re-Ev-training some of my farmer mons and was wondering if it is possible to calculte the exact speed stat that a pokemon needs in order to escape from a horde or any given wild encounter. 

I've been testing a bit with one of the toughest (I guess) hordes to escape from (Lvl 46-47 Rapidash at Unova's Rt. 12) and my pokemons with a speed stat under 200 are struggling to escape successfully. I only tried a little bit, but my Weezing with 156 Speed stat failed to run away 4 of 22 times against the Rapidash hordes. It did exactly the same as my Octillery with 133 speed stat (also 18/22). It's a bit funny considering that the maximum Speed stat a Lvl 47 wild Rapidash can have is 129.

That obviously means that this mechanic doesn't work like it does in the official games, so I was wondering what is the right formula here in PokeMMO or if it only applies to hordes and not to single encounters.

Thanks in advance!

Rittz

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2020 at 9:14 PM, Riesz said:

I did tried Smoke ball to flee from hordes but it always failed

maybe you would need a really high Speed stat 

Smoke Ball is supposed to be a guaranteed escape from the battle, unless it was changed by the devs at some point.

16 hours ago, Archiver said:

If I remember right, Smoke Ball doesn't work for hoards.

This could be something that is at play. The mechanics I can find from the vanilla games don't mention how hordes affect the item at all. I would guess the same thing is at play here, but I can't say for sure.