Team Tournament February 2020 (Saturday 29th)

On 2/28/2020 at 12:40 PM, Bearminator said:

LIVE( Reserved spot) BSDO SIA HDLM

LEM LYLE AVE LAVA

NORE VVVV RMW RE

DGTS xGDx ROSE PAST

Reserves:

ZERO, VGC,  GODS,  Sevi,  [Aw, Lord]

That's a quick list, to be checked with edits today

¡0bf7d743768c24ad27843928f7477e1b.png

i not know if  your time is marked the same as mine but I was curious because he signed up as 10 seconds before the other teams

44 minutes ago, mago1993 said:

I mentioned bear because he registered as his first sign up to bsdo (removing live for won tt)

I had the notification for Spxter reply a few seconds before hour turned for the signup too. However their 2nd post lets them enter in the 16 first teams so no big deal there

10 minutes ago, Hellscream said:

Besides, what is the use of doing a TT if half of the teams cannot play because they are not in the first 16 registered ? Just get everyone who wants to play, and then it'll be a real TT.

TTs would last a god damned eternity if that was the case.

2 main reasons why this isn't 32 seats :

1- There has never been over 32 signups for a team tournament, in which case I'm sure the issue would have been considered, and we just can't host a team tournament in which some teams get a bye in first round, since that would simply be unfair.

2- Team tournament hosting requires a lot of time and effort on the staff, making this 32 seats would obviously require much more work since the amount of referees available for the 16 first round matches would be largely inferior to the amount of matches being simultaneously played.

Now you don't have to spam posts in caps, we got your point and to be honest a lot of people agree with you (me included) that the amount of seats being restricted to 16 makes it feel like the event is kinda irrelevant. Proof is a team such as mine got 2nd last month and we total newbies :3 Every month some major teams miss the signup but well it is how it is ...

I remember some people asking for a looser bracket too which would seem absolutely great, but for the same time reasons it cannot be made.

Edited by TohnR
1 minute ago, Hellscream said:

The tournaments would last a little longer, but everyone could play. At most, there would be one more game to play, it would not take that long, people who register are available to play!

It wouldn't be a little longer, it would be quite a lot longer in fact!! Hell if certain matches are delayed because of stall teams being used it could take much much longer!!!!

4 minutes ago, suigin said:

It wouldn't be a little longer, it would be quite a lot longer in fact!! Hell if certain matches are delayed because of stall teams being used it could take much much longer!!!!

It is not wrong, however, establishing a rule concerning the duration of matches could fix this problem

3 hours ago, mago1993 said:

¡0bf7d743768c24ad27843928f7477e1b.png

i not know if  your time is marked the same as mine but I was curious because he signed up as 10 seconds before the other teams

When i was posting starting line, it wasnt showing exact time, and i couldnt really look at it.

Obviously 10 seconds too early is too early, so apologises for late notify.

46 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

When i was posting starting line, it wasnt showing exact time, and i couldnt really look at it.

Obviously 10 seconds too early is too early, so apologises for late notify.

@Bearminator, according to @Spxter , his timer said he posted on time. He knew about the registration time - but @ItsGray obviously posted after registration time (top of page 2 in the thread) if we really have to care about those 10 seconds. We really hope to play!

56 minutes ago, hannahtaylor said:

doesn't the registration from other BSDO members count?

Yes.

I will check the teams right now again and post the rooster again

12 minutes ago, Sethsen said:

@Bearminator, according to @Spxter , his timer said he posted on time. He knew about the registration time - but @ItsGray obviously posted after registration time (top of page 2 in the thread) if we really have to care about those 10 seconds. We really hope to play!

It doesn't matter if it's a minute, 10 seconds or 1 second- it's not fair for the people in past that were denied entry based on this rule.

Just now, Bearminator said:

It doesn't matter if it's a minute, 10 seconds or 1 second- it's not fair for the people in past that were denied entry based on this rule.

That's so fair, and I accept that fact - just trying to point out that @Spxter was certain he posted on time. Hope to see you during tonights tournament.

On 2/18/2020 at 5:44 PM, Bearminator said:

-Entry must include all information below, players have ONE HOUR to register through this thread after the registration phase begins.
   + Teams that will fail to do so, will be moved to the last spot on the reserves list. 
   + 
Editing players in is allowed, up to one hour before tournament, if they were not registered to play for another team.
   + 
Adding/changing player before tournament is possible by in-game notification to host. Please inform the host of the change.

On 2/27/2020 at 9:00 PM, ItsGray said:
Team Name: Bushido
Team Tag: BSDO
Registered Players: Spxter, kloneman, Sethsen, EmmaCACHJ, NinjaBlender, ItsGray, SapphireStoneSSS, Kravism, OxOReFaked, golfwenger, Amysthie, Joud, Hammerax, Rynners, tyci
Team Captain: Spxter

I can't count this entry.

Registration started at 09:00, and after 09:01 the whole information in the post was, quoting:
"Yeet".

It had no info, and was edited out. According to rules of registration, the team can be only moved to the end of the reserves. 

1 minute ago, Bearminator said:

I can't count this entry.

Registration started at 09:00, and after 09:01 the whole information in the post was, quoting:
"Yeet".

It had no info, and was edited out. According to rules of registration, the team can be only moved to the end of the reserves. 

it was posted and changed after surely staff can check the logs and see