Giving this game a shot

So i am going to be in the army for the next 8 months, and it is a common thing here in Greece for a soldier to have a polarized schedule between periods of complete exhaustion from training or complete boredom for having nothing to do. Overloading your android on megabytes, movies, games etc is a must. 

I always wanted to play a Pokemon Mmo but many things kept me away, like the issues i have with some rules of these games and personal issues like being behind in life , so i have not enough time to spare, now this gets thrown out of the window because i will be forcefully wasting my next 8 months. 

So the reason i am creating this post is to say hello and to  get some help as a total newb that i am with Pokemon in general. So if u have any advice and tips for someone like me throw them in, i started at Unova just now, i do not want to progress the wrong way and miss many things so i will wait for some responses first. 

1) When i am on a route how can i check what Pokemon can appear there? For example how can i know if i caught every pokemon that appears in that place.Taking into consideration that Pokedex is not complete obv. 

2)As i said i started at Unova playing it first time ever , with the water starter, is the story hard in this game? What are some good Poke at the early game to catch and train them? I love doing this, for example at Kanto i catch like 20 mankeys 20 nidoran untill decent nature and IVs and i train them. 

3) Are there hidden items in this game? like do i have to spam A on the ground to find them at every step or go at "suspicious" spots that they could be hidding ? 

Feel free to throw in anything that might be relevent and helpful, thank you for your time friends.

1) and 3): Pokemon and item location are pretty much the exact same than in the original single player games, so if you look up a wiki or a walkthrough it should get you going with storylines

2) Yes, the storyline is way harder here (stricter level caps and stronger npc trainers). I don't know which starter is better in that case but a small cheat to this is that you can use the global trade system to buy cheap, "decent" pokemon with a type advantage for whatever gym you're stuck in (i.e, buy a drilbur for the electric leader)

Lastly, if what you want to do is kill time then pvp is the way to go, you'll have to look into breeding and training a decent team that you enjoy playing and then you can spend hours on hours jumping into random matchmaking

3 hours ago, MasticloxPoke said:

3) Are there hidden items in this game? like do i have to spam A on the ground to find them at every step or go at "suspicious" spots that they could be hidding ? 

Yup! Just like in the originals, except you can use the dowsing machine here in order to find them effectively instead of randomly pressing A everywhere.

2 hours ago, iJulian said:

1) and 3): Pokemon and item location are pretty much the exact same than in the original single player games, so if you look up a wiki or a walkthrough it should get you going with storylines

2) Yes, the storyline is way harder here (stricter level caps and stronger npc trainers). I don't know which starter is better in that case but a small cheat to this is that you can use the global trade system to buy cheap, "decent" pokemon with a type advantage for whatever gym you're stuck in (i.e, buy a drilbur for the electric leader)

Lastly, if what you want to do is kill time then pvp is the way to go, you'll have to look into breeding and training a decent team that you enjoy playing and then you can spend hours on hours jumping into random matchmaking

Understand, i just started , i saw the breeding guide it feels like it will take a while before i get to pvp :/ 

3 hours ago, MasticloxPoke said:

Understand, i just started , i saw the breeding guide it feels like it will take a while before i get to pvp :/ 

Kind of. If you beat every region (which is entretaining by itself) you'll find yourself with about $2m+ worth of yen + items which should be enough to buy a full team to play pvp with.

Do not waste your money trying to get perfect pokemon. You can get a 2x31 3x25+ natured comp for about 350k from gtl/forums/tradechat

Edited by iJulian