Make all tournament prizes 6x31 (perfect IVs)

Parke

Question

There is currently a tournament in the queue that has a 6x31 prize, so that raises my question. Why hasnt this become a normal thing before now? Surely if someone wins a prize, MOST PEOPLE have perfect comps and are obviously gonna use their perfect comps over these ones they're winning them as they prefer perfect IVs. What's the point winning a tournament prize when you cant or dont use it? 

Pros: Promotes people using their prizes, more usable comps for people to actually try to win.

Cons: ?

86f50a00908553207d600af697401bcd.png

Edited by Parke

8 answers to this question

On 2/18/2020 at 4:39 PM, DibzAgain said:

I guess with how often it's been asked, it's literally a waste of time to suggest it at this point. I remember the last time a thread like this blew up, Kyu made a post in it saying it was "not his department", which I guess kinda sucks cause the person whose actual job it is only bothers replying to posts concerning RP and never speaking on forums otherwise.

Well since you asked no we will not be making the Shiny prizes given with 6x31 and other events such as CC will continue with the prizes that have been shown due to the nature of the event.

I don't see an issue in shiny prizes being 6x31 either. When they were tradeable sure, random IVs were cool so they wouldn't break the market but they've been untradeable for so long and yet you can't customize IVs on them. Why the heck would anyone want a 2x31 4x25 shiny reuniclus in battle over a 4x31 1x0 normal one? What's wrong with prizes people would actually WANT to use in competitive battles over the one they have? A lot of PvP-ers don't care about the fact that prizes are shiny or if they're rare, they care if they're viable. What's the point in a prize that just takes up PC space? I know Parke wasn't talking about shinies in the OP but I just wanted to piggyback to express an extension of that opinion. Seriously, why can't all prizes just have customizable IVs? Where's the harm in untradeable prizes having that??

On 2/15/2020 at 7:44 PM, Raichuforyou said:

All non-shiny prizes are always 6x31.

e863cb19c496b8d251acfb2af4ed085b.png

uh no they're not.

On 2/16/2020 at 9:39 AM, DibzAgain said:

I don't see an issue in shiny prizes being 6x31 either. When they were tradeable sure, random IVs were cool so they wouldn't break the market but they've been untradeable for so long and yet you can't customize IVs on them. Why the heck would anyone want a 2x31 4x25 shiny reuniclus in battle over a 4x31 1x0 normal one? What's wrong with prizes people would actually WANT to use in competitive battles over the one they have? A lot of PvP-ers don't care about the fact that prizes are shiny or if they're rare, they care if they're viable. What's the point in a prize that just takes up PC space? I know Parke wasn't talking about shinies in the OP but I just wanted to piggyback to express an extension of that opinion. Seriously, why can't all prizes just have customizable IVs? Where's the harm in untradeable prizes having that??

Agree, I should've clarified in the OP I meant shinies too and gave more context but most people I know with shinies prizes barely ever use them or they just dont at all because they have better comps. These things are supposed to be a brag, something to flex. But when you have a normal version with better IVs which gives you better ingame stats then whats the point? Give people a reason to use their prizes that they earn instead of giving them a trophy that has literally no use at all.

35 minutes ago, Parke said:

Give people a reason to use their prizes that they earn instead of giving them a trophy that has literally no use at all.

Well it used to have use before, they were tradeable, so comp players could turn them out for cash. But now they can't even do that.

Can't use cause it's trash and there is better non shiny version existing, can't sell it to make money to fund future comps. Truly Genius.

If it's not perfect, it should be tradeable, but since that would 'break the economy', not being perfect while it's untradeable makes no sense.

You got staff members carrying 6x31 shiny porygon, dragon and stuff, yet the economy doesn't look 'broken', why ? Because they are untradeable.

So I 100% agree with this suggestion, but I doubt they will ever take that step to let shiny rewards be perfect IV'd, even if untradeable, cause they save that for staff members for performing well... You make that reward public and suddenly a few of your free workers might lose motivation.

It is unfair to give useless prizes to comp players, but they just can't help it at this point.

Edited by Akshit
On 2/17/2020 at 3:23 PM, Akshit said:

If it's not perfect, it should be tradeable, but since that would 'break the economy', not being perfect while it's untradeable makes no sense.

You got staff members carrying 6x31 shiny porygon, dragon and stuff, yet the economy doesn't look 'broken', why ? Because they are untradeable.

I guess with how often it's been asked, it's literally a waste of time to suggest it at this point. I remember the last time a thread like this blew up, Kyu made a post in it saying it was "not his department", which I guess kinda sucks cause the person whose actual job it is only bothers replying to posts concerning RP and never speaking on forums otherwise.

Edited by DibzAgain