Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Fixedgaming

[Tool] Automatic Encounter Counter *updated*

Recommended Posts

On 4/8/2020 at 5:16 PM, CaptnBaklava said:

Thats a common problem I myself did not find a solution for this.

@Fixedgaming a couple things I've noticed.

 

1) Your counter adds in your Pokemon as an encounter when it shouldn't. Decrease it by one before incrementing the count. Unless I've done something wrong during setup, but based on the source code you have some OCR going to count the number of times HP appears on screen.

2) Make an "Always on Top" option please, on a single display system there shouldn't be a reason to snap the client window to the side to set this up and see your counter.

3) To fix the issue of multiple counts per encounter if someone battles and doesn't run you need to require the user not have the overworld rendered in battle. This will produce a black screen around the battle UI. After that you should solicit user input for a single point outside the battle UI, set the flag for in battle after you increment the counter, and check for the pixel to no longer be black. Once the selected pixel is no longer black, clear the flag. Encounters will no longer be counted incorrectly. As it currently sits, a single 5 Pokemon horde can produce a count of up to 27 per battle if the user does not flee. The user should not be required to flee to use this program to get a correct count.

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/6/2020 at 1:01 AM, xansonyx said:
My counter doesn't go up automatically why is that?

you need to download the program called : deskpins
this will make it stick on top

Share this post


Link to post

I followed the steps to complete the installation, but it does not measure quantities.

Share this post


Link to post
5小时前,YZzzz 说:

I followed the steps to complete the installation, but it does not measure quantities.

Even the program shuts down automatically

Share this post


Link to post

Error when execute initial_setup.bat

 



  Using cached PyMsgBox-1.0.8.tar.gz (18 kB)
  Installing build dependencies ... done
  Getting requirements to build wheel ... done
    Preparing wheel metadata ... error
    ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/30/2020 at 1:17 PM, linkzt said:

Error when execute initial_setup.bat

 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 


  Using cached PyMsgBox-1.0.8.tar.gz (18 kB)
  Installing build dependencies ... done
  Getting requirements to build wheel ... done
    Preparing wheel metadata ... error
    ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
 

 

 

The last edit of the main post are february, so the program is outdated and currently doesn´t work.

But let me say an annotation, if the people are triying to find shiny´s with these type of tools... you´re going to waste yout time, the shiny ratio is... really low, and with a counter you dont get a real estimation of how more pokemon you need too see to get a wild shiny.

I´m a software dev too, and the last year i maded a similar tool like this (only for personal use), and with Premium of 30 days + 30K of PP Berrys (to don´t move and restore sweet scent PP´s) i got more than 27k+ encounter and i don´t got any shiny.

You need a lot of luck to find a shiny, tools like this doesn´t gonna to help anyone to find one of them. (Or you can try the combo of the ticket + Shiny amulet x4 in party, that reduces the shiny´s ratio to 1/22000 if i´m not wrong)

Its only a tip, everyone is free to try these type of tools, but by personal experience, this doesn´t work.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Digifanatic said:

The last edit of the main post are february, so the program is outdated and currently doesn´t work.

But let me say an annotation, if the people are triying to find shiny´s with these type of tools... you´re going to waste yout time, the shiny ratio is... really low, and with a counter you dont get a real estimation of how more pokemon you need too see to get a wild shiny.

I´m a software dev too, and the last year i maded a similar tool like this (only for personal use), and with Premium of 30 days + 30K of PP Berrys (to don´t move and restore sweet scent PP´s) i got more than 27k+ encounter and i don´t got any shiny.

You need a lot of luck to find a shiny, tools like this doesn´t gonna to help anyone to find one of them. (Or you can try the combo of the ticket + Shiny amulet x4 in party, that reduces the shiny´s ratio to 1/22000 if i´m not wrong)

Its only a tip, everyone is free to try these type of tools, but by personal experience, this doesn´t work.

Of course tools like this don't help you find a shiny - but players like to keep track of their encounter amount. After all, RNG is RNG. 

In addition, the best shiny rate you can get from single encounter is approximately 1/24300 (with donator (10%) + shiny charm (10%)). In fact, it goes from 1/30k -> 1/27k (+10%) -> 1/24.3k (another +10%, which is calculated from 1/27k). Shiny charms do not stack. You can read more details in my shiny hunting guide:

Have a good day. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Sethsen said:

In addition, the best shiny rate you can get from single encounter is approximately 1/24300 (with donator (10%) + shiny charm (10%)). In fact, it goes from 1/30k -> 1/27k (+10%) -> 1/24.3k (another +10%, which is calculated from 1/27k). Shiny charms do not stack.

If you farm hordes of 5 your effective rate becomes and impressive 1/4860 since 5 encounters each with a 1/24.3k chance becomes 5/24.3k. While each roll is independent, you are knocking 5 encounters out in one fell swoop.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, XelaKebert said:

If you farm hordes of 5 your effective rate becomes and impressive 1/4860 since 5 encounters each with a 1/24.3k chance becomes 5/24.3k. While each roll is independent, you are knocking 5 encounters out in one fell swoop.

Correct! As I wrote in my message, that was for single encounter. ^^

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/1/2020 at 2:49 AM, Digifanatic said:

The last edit of the main post are february, so the program is outdated and currently doesn´t work.

But let me say an annotation, if the people are triying to find shiny´s with these type of tools... you´re going to waste yout time, the shiny ratio is... really low, and with a counter you dont get a real estimation of how more pokemon you need too see to get a wild shiny.

I´m a software dev too, and the last year i maded a similar tool like this (only for personal use), and with Premium of 30 days + 30K of PP Berrys (to don´t move and restore sweet scent PP´s) i got more than 27k+ encounter and i don´t got any shiny.

You need a lot of luck to find a shiny, tools like this doesn´t gonna to help anyone to find one of them. (Or you can try the combo of the ticket + Shiny amulet x4 in party, that reduces the shiny´s ratio to 1/22000 if i´m not wrong)

Its only a tip, everyone is free to try these type of tools, but by personal experience, this doesn´t work.

This tool is not outdated, make sure to follow the steps provided in the tutorial to start it, and nope this tool won't help u with getting shinies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Why not convert this to an executable so that it's easier to install for people that don't want to deal with installing python? The program is simple enough that converting shouldn't be difficult.

 

edit: then again I forget how nicely pygame converts to .exe...

Edited by Gilan

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.