[Tool] Automatic Encounter Counter *updated*

CTAI0AF.png.ng

f7SyljL.png

Hey there all you OCD shiny hunters like me, I got some good news for all of you!

As some of you know, the legendary Billa created an automatic encounter counter tool a while ago, but it's been broken for quite some time now.
So I've decided to fix it, because that's my name, Fixedgaming! So consider your gaming, fixed. (send help)

============================================================================================================================================

eefIAxj.gif

The tool is quite similar to the previous tool.
It counts all the wild pokemon you’ve encountered by reading the pixels on your screen.

I did take the liberty to fine-tune some things for convenience though:
- The screen can now be full size or any size you want by using marker points in the tool.
- The tool now automatically detects hordes and adds 3 or 5 depending on their numbers, or 1 if it's a single encounter. No recalibration needed!
- The tool works using a program that is not involved with Pokemmo, this way the tool will not get outdated by Pokemmo’s updates

============================================================================================================================================

How to use:                                                                   

To start using this, all you have to do is follow these simple steps.

Click the spoilers below to see how, I've also included pictures, GIFs and a video to clarify the steps!

Step 1:

Spoiler

Download  the latest version of Python. Click HERE

0bdJLI7.png

Step 2:  

Spoiler

Download the zip file, extract the files and folder from the archive. Click HERE

Step 3:

Spoiler

Add the python running script to your PC by following this video:                 This is a must, won't work without

Step 4:

Spoiler

Run the file entitled 'initial_setup.bat'. You need to run this file only once when you install the tool. It will no longer be needed afterwards.

Step 5:

Spoiler

Run 'encounter_counter.py' with python to start. You can also run the file 'start.bat' instead, but it will open a console window in addition to the program.

Step 6:

Spoiler

1.        Get into a pokemon encounterczs3dW6.png

2.       Click the settings button on the top right corner of the programcoJhENq.png

3.       Click the top left corner then the bottom right corner of the enemy pokemon's 'HP' as shown on the image.ThE8onC.png

If you use and like this tool, then donations would be very appreciated and can be mailed ingame to Fixedgaming <34bpqwbk.png

Want to keep your counter on top of your pokemmo? Download Deskpins and pin the encounter counter on top. https://efotinis.neocities.org/deskpins/ 

F.A.Q                                                                      

Spoiler

1. Does this work on mobile / android devices?
- no this is for pc only.
2. Does it automatically save the count?
- Yes, it saves the count when you close the program.
3. Did you code it yourself?
- The original code credits go to its original creator. However, I modified it using python and made it usable again. 
https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/66564-tool-automatic-encounter-counter-gen-5-support/
4. Do I have to update this with every pokemmo update?
- no the tool is no longer dependent on the pokemmo game launcher, it works on its own and requires no updates.

Need personal help setting it up or want a custom theme for your counter?
Message me ingame (fixedgaming) or here on the forum!

#SRIF

#FREEDIBZ

Edited by Fixedgaming

Hey thanks for the fix. 

Working good so far.

Just one question: I dont know how hard it would be to program this but is it possible that the counter counts killed Pokemon as 1 too? Right now it counts them multiple time. I guess is because of the Pixelsearch. Had the same problem with Billa's version too. I dont know if its as easy as I think right now (I dont have any expirience with coding at all) but is it possible to make the program check if we fled the battle before recounting the bars? Probaly would only work with an english version then i guess.

I had this idea in my head quite sometime but couldnt figure how to do an imagesearch with .dll. As I said i have literally no expirience in this.

31 minutes ago, CaptnBaklava said:

Hey thanks for the fix. 

Working good so far.

Just one question: I dont know how hard it would be to program this but is it possible that the counter counts killed Pokemon as 1 too? Right now it counts them multiple time. I guess is because of the Pixelsearch. Had the same problem with Billa's version too. I dont know if its as easy as I think right now (I dont have any expirience with coding at all) but is it possible to make the program check if we fled the battle before recounting the bars? Probaly would only work with an english version then i guess.

I had this idea in my head quite sometime but couldnt figure how to do an imagesearch with .dll. As I said i have literally no expirience in this.

that would become to complicated for this tool, does it count twice as much as normal ? If so you could just divide your count by 2 

1 hour ago, FighterChamp said:

So what about the android community?

Can You please make this tool for android? It will help us.

I am sorry, android is an entire different platform.

However if you really want it I can advise you to find a coder on the website: www.fiver.com

Provide him with this file and ask for a transfer to android and you might have yourself a counter for only 10-20 dollars

Just now, Marlight said:

Idk what I'm doing bad but the counter doesn't open for me :S
I tried opening with python and running de start.bat and nothing.
I did all the steps with no problems, can you help me?

When you can't open it, it might be due to step 3.|
Make sure to follow the step precisely, if u still have issues after feel free to pm me 

18 minutes ago, Fixedgaming said:

When you can't open it, it might be due to step 3.|
Make sure to follow the step precisely, if u still have issues after feel free to pm me 

I did it with no problems, even after that I checked like you did on the vid, writing python on cmd and show the same msg as you, so I can't understand where I failed.

Edited by Marlight
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2020 at 6:55 PM, Marlight said:

I did it with no problems, even after that I checked like you did on the vid, writing python on cmd and show the same msg as you, so I can't understand where I failed.

happened to me @Marlight, the problem is the python version. Uninstall Python latest version and go for 3.8.1. Worked for me 

On 4/3/2020 at 2:22 AM, naunaud84820 said:

Hello, I have a little problem with this software, when I am in horde combat, when the pokemon receive an attack, the hp bars wink. down, the counter will count again while the fight is not over: / (google translate)

Thats a common problem I myself did not find a solution for this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2020 at 8:14 AM, Fixedgaming said:

that would become to complicated for this tool, does it count twice as much as normal ? If so you could just divide your count by 2 

Not necessarily, you just need a way of flagging when combat starts and when combat ends. A clunky solution to this would be a hotkey to toggle whether or not the battle is still active. If the battle is still active then don't increment the counter. It's not ideal because a player could forget to toggle, but it's a possible solution.

• 4 weeks later...

This is way to confusing for me and i tried following the video but 1. theres just annoying music over it with no commentary. 2. I went into this pc and theres no Local Disk option. 3. Most of this isn't explained good enough for ppl like me thats a console pleb. I've done tons of things on pc like this before but i just find this explained poorly its just all jibrish to me.