Consommable macho brace

Crazyhell

Question

23 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Takens said:

Oh hell no! 

Most of the players have way limited time to keep doing this kind of stuff to the items.

When was the last time you've used a macho brace?

Usually when I EV train I get a single Pokemon that knows Sweet Scent and a spread move with 5 other Pokemons I want to EV train. Slap on Exp.Share in all 5 and now they all get EV. I've never actually used a Macho Brace so changing it so it has some uses now would be good.

9 hours ago, Crazyhell said:

Like amulet coin , but for ev , effort value x2 for 1h

Awesome! I can see wild Machoke holding those Macho Braces and people using them to EV Train.

I feel that the items that are consumable are great picks. As long as you're not a competitive item (Leftovers, Life Orb, etc), Type Boost Item (Mystic Water, Dragon Fang, etc), or an Exp. Share. It would breathe new life for this item, but the EV Trainer may struggle to find business since it may be faster to do the job yourself.

Spoiler

For any EV Trainers that are scared of such a suggestion, you don't need to worry. There are still plenty of people out there who do not want to EV Train their own pokemon. However, the only thing that is going to change is your price. To stay competitive, you may need to drop your price below 10k since EV Training would have a low barrier to entry.

Edited by Bestfriends
Added the word "Wild" to make more sense for Machoke.

I've always liked a good middle of the road suggestion that is applicable to the amulet coin as well to make anything like this run on a per-battle basis.

Consumable item supporters usually really like how much more efficient these items can become if you use them right, and permanent hold supporters really like how relaxed it is to use the item and the ability to tab out and do other things if your game is open. Per-battle satisfies both of these camps, while still turning the macho the brace into a new farm-able item that encourages economic activity.

I don't like this idea tho, surely if applied, EVs farming will be faster (don't have to switch the EV trained mon to the sweeper), but it's will be a waste, most of the case, you don't need to spend the whole 1 hour just to EV trained a team yourself (mostly some of them, 2- 3 mons each time I guess), which mean the remaining time (not used up) will go to waste.

This idea only benefical to those running EV training service, 'cuz they will deal with their huge amount of orders faster this way.

1 hour ago, shiningluck said:

I don't like this idea tho, surely if applied, EVs farming will be faster (don't have to switch the EV trained mon to the sweeper), but it's will be a waste, most of the case, you don't need to spend the whole 1 hour just to EV trained a team yourself (mostly some of them, 2- 3 mons each time I guess), which mean the remaining time (not used up) will go to waste.

This idea only benefical to those running EV training service, 'cuz they will deal with their huge amount of orders faster this way.

? you don't have to swap from the pokemon to the sweeper, just use an exp share

7 hours ago, hannahtaylor said:

? you don't have to swap from the pokemon to the sweeper, just use an exp share

At current condition, using exp.share on the mon needed to EV trained can only let it gain the same amount of EVs as the sweeper (10 at max from a horde), but I aim to get double that amount (20 at max), that's why I will lead with the mon holding the Brace, switch out at turn 1 to the sweeper, and start sweeping at turn 2, manually, but 1 horde like that equal to 2 hordes of you if you just hold Exp. Share instead of Brace, and well, save up half the amount of Leppa needed.

29 minutes ago, shiningluck said:

At current condition, using exp.share on the mon needed to EV trained can only let it gain the same amount of EVs as the sweeper (10 at max from a horde), but I aim to get double that amount (20 at max), that's why I will lead with the mon holding the Brace, switch out at turn 1 to the sweeper, and start sweeping at turn 2, manually, but 1 horde like that equal to 2 hordes of you if you just hold Exp. Share instead of Brace, and well, save up half the amount of Leppa needed.

I'm pretty sure you would be losing time in some cases by doing this with the current system just due to the swapping animation and having to deal with 5 Pokemon's attack animations. I'm pretty sure it's just better to be leading with 1 sweeper and then whatever amount of XP share'd Pokemon you want.

It's maybe a different story if you're wanting to level up just this one Pokemon. For for bulk EVing, you probably don't want to do this.

4 hours ago, Raichuforyou said:

I'm pretty sure you would be losing time in some cases by doing this with the current system just due to the swapping animation and having to deal with 5 Pokemon's attack animations. I'm pretty sure it's just better to be leading with 1 sweeper and then whatever amount of XP share'd Pokemon you want.

It's maybe a different story if you're wanting to level up just this one Pokemon. For for bulk EVing, you probably don't want to do this.

Oh that won't be a problem to me, most of the time, their attack just "have no use at all" since I swap to the immune sweeper, and the time, won't be slower than your way, just like I said, one horde of mine bear the EV amount equal to 2 of yours.

You have a point if the number of mons needed to be EVed is big, then manually switching like my way make it more tiring in the long way, but in my case, my number is small, so it's works.

7 hours ago, shiningluck said:

Oh that won't be a problem to me, most of the time, their attack just "have no use at all" since I swap to the immune sweeper, and the time, won't be slower than your way, just like I said, one horde of mine bear the EV amount equal to 2 of yours.

You have a point if the number of mons needed to be EVed is big, then manually switching like my way make it more tiring in the long way, but in my case, my number is small, so it's works.

Sure your 1 horde = 2 of ours, but you're probably taking longer, with the swapping then animations. Doesn't make and sense at all

51 minutes ago, hannahtaylor said:

Sure your 1 horde = 2 of ours, but you're probably taking longer, with the swapping then animations. Doesn't make and sense at all

Technically, this is what happened to your screen, and mine in comparison:

a) Your screen after turn 1: xx fainted! (x5)

--> That's 5 notifications, and with 2 hordes to make up to my one horde, will take you 10 notifications.

b) This is my screen:

- Turn 1: xx attacks failed (x5)

- Turn 2: xx fainted! (x5)

--> Also 10 notifications

--> what makes yours faster than mine then?

4 hours ago, shiningluck said:

Technically, this is what happened to your screen, and mine in comparison:

a) Your screen after turn 1: xx fainted! (x5)

--> That's 5 notifications, and with 2 hordes to make up to my one horde, will take you 10 notifications.

b) This is my screen:

- Turn 1: xx attacks failed (x5)

- Turn 2: xx fainted! (x5)

--> Also 10 notifications

--> what makes yours faster than mine then?

you forgetting for example the long af switching animation or the annoying status moves some hordes use and slow you down as well

1 hour ago, Quakkz said:

you forgetting for example the long af switching animation or the annoying status moves some hordes use and slow you down as well

I just don't like farming items to EV everytime i have to EV train, i'm all up for it as long as it's a new item and not a rework of the permanent Macho Brace item.