2024 All Horde Locations - EV and Shiny - Johto UPDATED!

pikabuuh

On 7/12/2020 at 6:52 AM, caml said:

I was searching for Unova's route 1 watchog horde, but even using sweet scent in EVERY grass zone they didn't come out, only single patrats. Maybe they have a condition? It's around 19:20 in Game Hour. And it's not winter.

Hey @caml

Sorry for the late reply. In case you didnt find it already, surf west to the dark grass

450px-Unova_Route_1_Autumn_BW.png

• 2 months later...

Winter Warning

One month until winter arrives! 

Hunt while you can // The wait is almost over

Winter Hordes - April, August, December

Spoiler

Vanillish @Icirrus City, Dark Grass, Unova

Beartic/Vanillite @Dragonspiral Tower, Unova

Cryogonal/Cubchoo @Twist Mountain - Ice room, Unova

Shelmets @Icirrus City are frozen for the winter.

Ursarings @Victory Road are winter hibernating.

Bibarel instead of Staravia @Valor Lakefront, Sinnoh

Jigglypuff/Swablu instead of Swellow @Route 115, Hoenn

Edited by pikabuuh
On 11/5/2020 at 12:51 PM, ZaCCCCCC said:

Hey great guide and thanks for all the hard work putting it together!

Just wanted to add, I think you missed the murkrows on F5 of Lost Tower in Sinnoh route 209. Night time only and 3x horde that requires defog.

Thanks man - nicely spotted!

I will add it right away. 

Happy Hunting o/

On 2/9/2020 at 8:49 PM, pikabuuh said:

Dragonspiral Tower  x5

Deerling 

Sawsbuck (Winter)

Vanillite (Winter)

Beartic (Winter)

Druddigon F1 10ATK

Golett F2

On 2/9/2020 at 8:49 PM, pikabuuh said:

Icirrus City  x5

Shelmet (Winter)

Stunfisk 

Mienfoo/Vanillite (Winter)

Vanillish (Winter)

There's Mienfoo with Deerling all year round in the grass from the bridge. Also where Mienfoo is (outside) it's counted as Dragonspiral Tower, there's none in Icirrus City

Edited by hannahtaylor
13 hours ago, hannahtaylor said:

There's Mienfoo with Deerling all year round in the grass from the bridge. Also where Mienfoo is (outside) it's counted as Dragonspiral Tower, there's none in Icirrus City

oof, nicely spotted! I'll make sure to add Deerling to Dragonspiral Tower. And technically you're right, the grass is 2 tiles north of Iccirus City :d Ima call it Dragonspiral Tower Pre Area. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/4/2021 at 6:51 AM, Pinion said:

Unless I'm understanding the format of the guide wrong, why are there two Pokémon underlined in the Kanto Lost Cave item rooms? Shouldn't they be.. not underlined where you can get either of them? Or am I just dumb :p

Hi and sorry for the late reply.

You're right, underlined = 100% encounter. Misdreavus and Murkrow was underlined because i added links to them - i can see how that can be confusing unless you try to press them. 

I've updated Lost Cave and i will fix the broken links whenever i get the time.

Thanks for the reminder o/

Edited by pikabuuh
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, MMOcritic said:

For the entries at the bottom after where you ask us to use Ctrl + F to find the pokemon, It would be helpful if just like the top part you also included what EVs they provide what levels they are usually 

Hey, thanks for your input!

I'm guessing its for EV-training your pokemon during the early storyline? 

Adding it to all the hordes sounds like a lot of work, but I could add a section with suggested low-level hordes for each region. It's not a bad idea - Thanks o/

2 hours ago, pikabuuh said:

Adding it to all the hordes sounds like a lot of work, but I could add a section with suggested low-level hordes for each region. It's not a bad idea - Thanks o/

Yup that is correct. I wanna EV train my lower level Pokémon without giving them too much exp or I risk overlevelling them past their natural evolution level and risk missing out on a move they move at evolution. FYI, my main method of EV training is with EXP share.

• pikabuuh changed the title to 2022 All Horde Locations - EV and Shiny
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2021 at 10:05 AM, pikabuuh said:

Same here, i was checking one by one the lowest level zones with x5 hordes to see where i could EV train my storyline pokes, without them getting overlevel but still getting the EV to not worry about random EV and have to berry them all down again. Maintaining good ev in storyline is hard. Im gonna grab some spreadsheet and keep noting them, (more easy filter search than CTRL F xD) Thanks for the effort mate!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, LucasLyn5 said:

Thanks for this thread!

Just a heads up, but the Sneasel horde in Snowpoint Temple isn't 100% anymore (indicated by underline). There's also a Golbat horde.

Are you sure you were on the right floor? Sneasel and Golbat are together on floor 3. Sneasel is alone on floor 4 and with Jynx on floor 5

23 hours ago, hannahtaylor said:

Are you sure you were on the right floor? Sneasel and Golbat are together on floor 3. Sneasel is alone on floor 4 and with Jynx on floor 5

Shit. My bad lmao. I read the format wrong. I see how it is now.

But then, correct me if I'm wrong; Golbat should be fixed. B3 is currently underlined, indicating it's alone on that floor, but Sneasel is there as well.

4 hours ago, LucasLyn5 said:

Shit. My bad lmao. I read the format wrong. I see how it is now.

But then, correct me if I'm wrong; Golbat should be fixed. B3 is currently underlined, indicating it's alone on that floor, but Sneasel is there as well.

Oh, nicely spotted, you're right! The B3 shouldn't be underlined, i will fix it right away.

Thanks!