Keeping ubers out of the game

is keeping the game "uber-free" a good thing?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. is keeping the game "uber-free" a good thing?

• Yes
    • No

With the recent decisions of nerfing Baton Pass, not buffing Outrage to 120 BP, the removal of Draco Meteor from Hydreigon's learnset, and their declaration on not implementing Blaziken's Speed Boost because that would make him uber, I'm curious on what everyone thinks about this. Is keeping the game "uber-free" really a good reason to go this far into changing the game's mechanics?

3 hours ago, Grisaia said:

With the recent decisions of nerfing Baton Pass, not buffing Outrage to 120 BP, the removal of Draco Meteor from Hydreigon's learnset, and their declaration on not implementing Blaziken's Speed Boost because that would make him uber, I'm curious on what everyone thinks about this. Is keeping the game "uber-free" really a good reason to go this far into changing the game's mechanics?

It's very unlikely that the game will become uber. And even if they add hidden abilities , they will sure not allow abilities like Blaziken Speed boost.

Baton Pass' change had nothing to do with tiering, just PVE since you could mow down the e4 with ease using it and farm a lot of money.
I feel like keeping Outrage low was one of the best decisions we ever did, thanks to it mons like Salamence, Dragonite and now the newly added Garchomp are still strong but not overwhelming (At least Chomp doesn't feel overwhelming to me yet, albeit I do dislike the extra stat check Sand Veil provides), and the game hasn't devolved into drag mag spam like we feared. And it's not like Haxorus, Flygon and Kingdra are completely unviable without Outrage.

3 hours ago, suigin said:

just PVE since you could mow down the e4 with ease using it and farm a lot of money.

But you could theoretically use an all legendary/uber team to also mow down E4. Look at Giratina and its great defensive typing with amazing stats. It's going to be hard for the E4 to get rid of it with its pooped AI. Then there's Jirachi and Cresselia; just having a Pokemon that can force the AI to switch is a HUGE advantage.

I don't want any ubers in the game because I just know they'll make E4 a fuck ton harder. I don't give a shit for PvP though since it has its own tier and I can just play the lower ones so I don't have to deal with it unlike in PvE where it will ruin the balance of the game.

20 hours ago, Archiver said:

Then play OU.

No.

20 hours ago, Archiver said:

I guess the real question would be if OU still have people in it once ubers comes out.

If you spent a LOT of time breeding and training your pokemon team in order to be competitive in OU, would you stop playing forever OU tier because of the new Uber tier in which all your pokemon would be literally useless, or would you rather play the new tier together with the old one? (possiblily reducing the amount of people playing a boring tier as OU in favour of a slightly less boring tier as Ubers)

Edited by lallo17
59 minutes ago, lallo17 said:

If you spent a LOT of time breeding and training your pokemon team in order to be competitive in OU, would you stop playing forever OU tier because of the new Uber tier in which all your pokemon would be literally useless,

wtf? I sometimes have really hard time trying to figure out what do some people mean. Why does uber make your mons useless? It's still usable in doubles format, so no, not useless.

There is one thing i don't understand at all, yesterday i decided to watch the bans of the Tiers in PokéMMO and i observed that the catchable legendaries of the game are banned from Ubers, what does this mean? Are they gonna start to introduce the Uber legendary Pokémon in-game? (Like Zapdos or Celebi?)

And if not, why they are banned? We can't use them in any matter except from the KoH event, so what's the reasoning behind this?

Spoiler

Sorry for my school english, i wanna try to speak without using Google Traductor in any possible way.

screenshot_1581514596.png

Edited by Ultrajesus
tYpO
2 hours ago, Ultrajesus said:

There is one thing i don't understand at all, yesterday i decided to watch the bans of the Tiers in PokéMMO and i observed that the catchable legendaries of the game are banned from Ubers, what does this mean? Are they gonna start to introduce the Uber legendary Pokémon in-game? (Like Zapdos or Celebi?)

And if not, why they are banned? We can't use them in any matter except from the KoH event, so what's the reasoning behind this?

Hide contents

Sorry for my school english, i wanna try to speak without using Google Traductor in any possible way.

screenshot_1581514596.png

Because there's a bug that lets you use them in Ubers/Doubles tournaments

23 hours ago, razimove said:

oh wow, so troublesome that there isn't MM Doubles format, boohoo :(

I honestly don't even know why I'm answering you.

He asked if keeping Ubers out of the game is a good or a bad thing; I answered him with my opinion about it and explaining why, according to me, an Uber tier would not kill the OU one.

The fact that in matchmaking there's no double is, in fact, a problem because pokemon and movesets used in doubles are very different from the ones used in single, preventing us to use our double teams in it but it is another story.

Furthermore I said that your beloved pokemon wuold be completely useless IN UBER TIER and NOT that because of the "new"(?) tier they will be useless IN EVERY OTHER TIER, so do me and the community a favour and read CAREFULLY what other people write instead being so childish and inappropriate.

Spoiler

P.s. If you use the same pokemon teams both in single and doubles you must be really dud in DM...

19 minutes ago, lallo17 said:

he fact that in matchmaking there's no double is, in fact, a problem because pokemon and movesets used in doubles are very different from the ones used in single, preventing us to use our double teams in it but it is another story.

and this is a problem exactly how? There's mons viable in multiple tiers, and their sets vary due to tier meta.

19 minutes ago, lallo17 said:

Furthermore I said that your beloved pokemon wuold be completely useless IN UBER TIER and NOT that because of the "new"(?) tier they will be useless IN EVERY OTHER TIER, so do me and the community a favour and read CAREFULLY what other people write instead being so childish and inappropriate.

we do read carefully the garbage you write. Like this one exactly. PS. Doubles isnt a tier, its a format, and there's actually some mons that can be shared between singles and doubles, ferrothorn comes to mind, some milotic sets can work for both too, viability is hard to judge when you don't even know what you're talking about to start with.

Edited by razimove
See what the idea that everything must be out of ubers did to people Desu?