Getting parents back when breeding

masashi

Question

I think it would be better to have the parents back when we breed pokemon. Not only because that is how it goes in the original game, but also because it would make it easier and less expensive, which would be less tiring for the players. Cause, let's face it, breeding is fun the first times but then it gets repetitive and is more about the objetive that the breeding itself. It would also make the breeding of genderless pokemon way easier because we could preserve the dittos (even though now we can breed genderless pokemon with that same species).

Thanks in advance for reading.

7 answers to this question

Look at it this way.

I have a shiny Squirtle and a shiny Ditto. If I breed them together I now have another shiny Squirtle on top of my original two shinies. What's stopping me from mass producing shiny pokemons and essentially crash the shiny market?

Another example, I have a 6x31 Ditto. I breed it with something else and now I have a 1x31 Pokemon. Breed it again and it's now 2x31. Repeat it till I have 6x31 Pokemons.

This essentially makes breeding piss easy. And at this point devs should just make every single random encounter a 6x31 Pokemon to remove breeding.

Do you now see why they made the change to remove the two parent Pokemons?

43 minutes ago, masashi said:

I think it would be better to have the parents back when we breed pokemon. Not only because that is how it goes in the original game, but also because it would make it easier and less expensive, which would be less tiring for the players.

It was a system like this here in 2013 ( I think, might be 2014, my memory is failing here) when there was no "breeding takes out parents" system.

Our market was flooded with the same exact pokemon, people with good IV dittos were flooding breeders and at first it allowed them to gather money, only for the market to crash with too many pokemon being in the game and increasing the IVs of them without any practical penalty. 

It was really hard to make money out of breeders, so catching pokemon was only profitable when you got lucky to get godly ditto/breeder.

I think it's safe to say that it will never come back.

But if getting shinys or 6x31 pokemons becomes so easy then it wouldn't become a mass market cause everyone could do it so why buy them? Besides shinys don't relly make the game easier or anything, they are just something for collectors, also is hard to get shinys in the 1st place. Besides, in the original game they give you the parents back and there isn't a pokemon mass market, everyone just breed their pokemons and get to battle

9 minutes ago, masashi said:

But if getting shinys or 6x31 pokemons becomes so easy then it wouldn't become a mass market cause everyone could do it so why buy them?

A person happens to have shiny beldum.

He breeds for example 100 of shiny beldums.

You don't have shiny beldum to make one yourself- you buy one from him for idk, 1m. It's an example.
Then you make beldums. Then someone else. And someone. They have almost no value, and only person who got any profit was the person who had beldum in first place.

Besides shinys don't relly make the game easier or anything, they are just something for collectors, also is hard to get shinys in the 1st place.

Exactly, it's hard to get shiny in first place, but that makes them rare and wanted, they are considered the "unique weapon" "cool armor" type of asset, compared to other games. Taking it away is not really doing any good.

Besides, in the original game they give you the parents back and there isn't a pokemon mass market, everyone just breed their pokemons and get to battle

The original games have the trading system being very marginised, and considering hackers, people giving out stuff in wonder trade, trade for some people is just to get different version pokemon and that's it. This is MMO however and the market is needed. It's end goal for some players, to get desired shiny, to gather assets they like etc.

This was the situation in 2013, buying things was easy but you couldn't really profit outside selling shinies/items you've gathered. It was bad system and was rightfully changed imo. 

10 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

A person happens to have shiny beldum.

He breeds for example 100 of shiny beldums.

You don't have shiny beldum to make one yourself- you buy one from him for idk, 1m. It's an example.
Then you make beldums. Then someone else. And someone. They have almost no value, and only person who got any profit was the person who had beldum in first place.

Exactly, it's hard to get shiny in first place, but that makes them rare and wanted, they are considered the "unique weapon" "cool armor" type of asset, compared to other games. Taking it away is not really doing any good.

The original games have the trading system being very marginised, and considering hackers, people giving out stuff in wonder trade, trade for some people is just to get different version pokemon and that's it. This is MMO however and the market is needed. It's end goal for some players, to get desired shiny, to gather assets they like etc.

This was the situation in 2013, buying things was easy but you couldn't really profit outside selling shinies/items you've gathered. It was bad system and was rightfully changed imo. 

Well, you kind of have a point with shinys. My interest was more for competitive breeding since I don't really care about shinys but I guess it works like that with shiny pokemons. There could be changes for GTL of shiny pokemons (like don't allow to trade/sell them or something) but maybe is hard to administrate. Well, what a shame