Remove dex requirement

ErWolf

Question

15 answers to this question

1 hour ago, FighterChamp said:

You must have to play the game as it really is. Collecting all pokes is not too tough in sinnoh.

:-)

dont remember having to do so in the original one

27 minutes ago, Diplomacy said:

I saw a guy that was working on a Dex guide. I hope it helps.

thank you i'll give it a try

6 hours ago, superpichu999 said:

My issue is that there's no reason to go to the survival area with the new requirements, most notable things in those routes are changed, available elsewhere, removed. For what reason would the devs change the requirements if there's nothing important back there? Why do more for less?

It's not useless. Dig deeper. But I mean just don't get there if you don't want to, noone will force you

On 2/2/2020 at 8:22 AM, ErWolf said:

Remove the dex requirement of have owned every single pokemon in sinnoh just for access the rest of the game areas, it's stupid, just registering them should be enough.

probably in emulator you used tricks to access that place hahaha, leave laziness and go to complete the pokedex xd

2 hours ago, HackGame said:

probably in emulator you used tricks to access that place hahaha, leave laziness and go to complete the pokedex xd

Actually in the based game, since the requirements were just seeing the dex, as long as you didn't skip trainers, you had 90% of the dex filled out. And it's whether it's lazy doesn't change the fact that you get pretty much nothing for the effort.

Edited by superpichu999
57 minutes ago, superpichu999 said:

you get pretty much nothing for the effort.

This here, this is what irks me the most. Out of the 20 or so odd years reading bullshit on the internet this fucking phrase is what makes my blood boil.

I put in the effort to catch all the Pokemons to complete my pokedex and you want to know what I got out of it, you shit-for-brains? Enjoyment. I fucking enjoyed going around the game catching pokemons. I fucking enjoyed leveling them and watching them evolve. I fucking enjoy looking at my pokedex and seeing that green bar filled. So when you fucking say that my enjoyment is 'pretty much nothing'? Fuck. You.

Don't you hate it when you do something you enjoy and some random fucker said there's no point in doing it, wouldn't that piss you off? So just stop saying their effort means nothing because it's not nothing.

I'd just like to chime in by saying I agree with superpichu. As far as content goes in Sinnoh, currently, it's not worth catching every Pokemon in that region to unlock it. I'd also like to point out that just because it's changed from the original game doesn't mean it's automatically a good thing like some people here seem to be implying. Changing something has to have some kind of thoughtful payoff to be worth the time, and who knows? Maybe they will end up adding something worthwhile eventually, but it's not there yet. Rather than asking the devs to change the Dex requirement, maybe we should be asking what they'll do with the unlocked area down the road, though they very well could still change the Dex requirement after all.

Also to the angry post above, if catching Pokemon is what you enjoyed, that's great. I do however believe the act of catching Pokemon itself shouldn't be forced on you though. It kills the joy of catching them when it's turned into something mandatory.